1. kylon

kylon

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By Higgie
      Hi all

I've got a fully working install of Catalina 10.15.5 using OpenCore 0.5.9 and I've managed to get everything working perfectly. It's my first PC Build ever (Let alone Hackintosh) so I'm pretty pleased that I've managed to get everything up and running so far, including Thunderbolt 3 (with hotplug), Sidecar, onboard HDMI Audio, Wifi/BT pairing across both OS (Windows 10 and MacOS). The only thing that now bugs me is the time taken to boot from the Opencore picker to my login screen. It's not super slow by any means, but with my specs I believe it should be faster. Here is what I'm running:

Intel Core i7 10700K
      Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
      Noctua NH-D15S
      Corsair LPX 3000MHz 32GB RAM (2x16GB)
      Adata XPG SX8200 1TB NVMe SSD (MacOS)
      Adata XPG SX8200 1TB NVMe SSD (Windows 10)
      Crucial BX200 1TB SSD (Storage)
      Crucial MX500 2TB SSD (Storage)
      Asus 8GB Dual Arez RX580
      Corsair RM650
      Fenvi HB1200

Windows boot is pretty sharp - Usually under 10secs. MacOS on the other hand usually is in the region of ~70secs. When I first installed Catalina it would boot super quick, but it's gotten more and more sluggish over the last few weeks. Is there anything I can do to speed it up? I can attach my EFI if needed.

Thanks!

• By EmriBG
      Hello everyone,
      I found a guide on how to install Catalina on Lenovo M920q, everything works well but the installation is freezing up.
      The USB bootable drive is a recovery one with internet based installation. The internet is working well on the pre-installation setup (I tested it, when you can use the utilities).
      The installation is freezing whether I am installing the macOS or not.
      I've attached my EFI partition so you can check if there's anything to add.
      Will realy appreciate any kind of help (quit noob to the whole thing).
      Thanks in advance and stay safe!

NOTE: I did followed up the troubleshooting guide of OpenCore installation forum and the answer was to add the  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts and configure it on the .plist file.
      This is the original EFI folder: EFI.zip
      Thats the one with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext added: EFI.zip

• By surfermax
      buon giorno 
      spero tu mi possa aiutare ,perche' non riesco piu' a far partire i miei 2 ssd 850 samsung sui quali highsierra funzionava perfettamente da 1 anno e non ce' maniera di farlo ripartire .unica cosa e' che riesco ad arrivare alla console dell'istaller e ho tentato varie volte di ripristinare da una time machine che ho salvato su un altro disco usb .
      il mio sistema e' un asus p5qd turbo ed e7500 dual core . grafica gtx1050 chr funzionava con accelerazione e webdriver nvidia .audio voodoo 282. e boot clover che e' sempre stato il 5103 che poi  ho aggiornato a 5120 proprio il giorno prima che succedesse il fattaccio .quel giorno ho aggiornato dal sito apple la comboupdate 10.13 .6 da 10.13.4 .e qui al riavvio boom niente diski in clover nn li visualizzava piu .ora sciacciando f3 visualizzo il preboot e lssd con highsierra aggiornato ma arrivato alla console andava in reset loop .
      a questo punto riesco a ripartire togliendo l'accelerazione .e installando i nuovi webdriver di nvidia aggiornati all 10.13.6 .
      al riavvio non parte piu' con accelerazione e sempre problema in clover dei diski ma riuscivo a partire con f3 e preboot .
      ora decido di installare da time machine e tornare alla versione 10.13.4 del giorno prima ..e al riavvio niente piu dischi ne preboot .sono fermo a questo punto ..riesco solo a far partire installer ma nn so i comandi da dare in terminal per aggiustare le cose . ho anche linux su un altro notebook. ti ringrazio anticipatamente per l'aiuto .