Jump to content
Micky1979

Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

2,089 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

You guys have to remember that sourceforge is in america mostly, and using it in the middle of the night like 2am to 6am is probably when they schedule maintenance, so maybe that might be why you experience troubles. I just used it a bunch and have no problems it only takes a few minutes to check out the entire clover repository. But it's also now 10am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
15 hours ago, apianti said:

You guys have to remember that sourceforge is in america mostly, and using it in the middle of the night like 2am to 6am is probably when they schedule maintenance, so maybe that might be why you experience troubles. I just used it a bunch and have no problems it only takes a few minutes to check out the entire clover repository. But it's also now 10am.

 

Multiple try is necessary sometimes. You're right: SourceForge is in America. Little joke: east coast, west coast, etc. There is 6 Timezone in USA. What is the choice for europeans people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Multiple try is necessary sometimes. You're right: SourceForge is in America. Little joke: east coast, west coast, etc. There is 6 Timezone in USA. What is the choice for europeans people?

 

The only time zones of real consequence are east and west, central goes off of east and mountain, alaskan, and hawaiian go off of west mostly. Also you're only +5/6 from east if in Europe, being in Asia would be more difficult as it is almost the opposite time. I was just saying that using most websites, since most are american based, maintenance usually falls between 2am and 6am because thats when people aren't usually working here. So there may be slower times, or entire parts down. It may also be that there is no one there immediately to fix a problem like during the day, someone is probably on call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was off for some days. Maybe this has been explained already somewhere else. Anyway, my problem is that when building the current clover revision with Build_Clover.command, I get the following error:

Processing meta-data .

build.py...
~/src/edk2/Clover/Library/WaveLib/WaveLib.inf(35): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
	~/src/edk2/AudioPkg/AudioPkg.de

 

How to solve this issue? Did I miss something? Do we need some modifications of Build_Clover.command?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

I was off for some days. Maybe this has been explained already somewhere else. Anyway, my problem is that when building the current clover revision with Build_Clover.command, I get the following error:



Processing meta-data . build.py... ~/src/edk2/Clover/Library/WaveLib/WaveLib.inf(35): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace ~/src/edk2/AudioPkg/AudioPkg.de

How to solve this issue? Did I miss something? Do we need some modifications of Build_Clover.command?

You could add this line on Build_Clover.command:

73	ThirdPartyList=(
..
78	https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg
79	)

or..

cd ~/src/edk2
git clone https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg

Then..

2) update Clover + force edk2 update (no building)

(Restart build script if it' s still failed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

You could add this line on Build_Clover.command:


73	ThirdPartyList=(
..
78	https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg
79	)

or..


cd ~/src/edk2
git clone https://github.com/Goldfish64/AudioPkg

Then..


2) update Clover + force edk2 update (no building)

(Restart build script if it' s still failed).

 

Option 1 just works perfect! Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm trying to create an install USB stick for my first hackintosh. Following a YouTube video how-to, in the final step, (using Clover_v2.4k_r4813.pkg) I get the warning:

 

This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install.

incompatible.thumb.png.449bda3b871ddfb2338f63851baf4a81.png

 

Google-ing about, I found a comment suggesting to compile it myself (Build the package yourself from scratch. Look on insanelymac for the clover build command script.
)

 

. I never compiled something before. Is this topic about it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, laptopleon said:

Hi, I'm trying to create an install USB stick for my first hackintosh. Following a YouTube video how-to, in the final step, (using Clover_v2.4k_r4813.pkg) I get the warning:

 


This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install.

incompatible.thumb.png.449bda3b871ddfb2338f63851baf4a81.png

 

Google-ing about, I found a comment suggesting to compile it myself (Build the package yourself from scratch. Look on insanelymac for the clover build command script.
)

 

. I never compiled something before. Is this topic about it?

 

Clover r4813 is a release version. Compile yourself isn't necessary. 

 

This issue is probably about the SIP. I referred to this https://www.imore.com/how-turn-system-integrity-protection-macos to disable the SIP and it installed without that prompt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, laptopleon said:

Hi, I'm trying to create an install USB stick for my first hackintosh. Following a YouTube video how-to, in the final step, (using Clover_v2.4k_r4813.pkg) I get the warning:

 


This package is incompatible with this version of macOS and may fail to install.

incompatible.thumb.png.449bda3b871ddfb2338f63851baf4a81.png

 

Google-ing about, I found a comment suggesting to compile it myself (Build the package yourself from scratch. Look on insanelymac for the clover build command script.
)

 

. I never compiled something before. Is this topic about it?

Press "Install Anyway"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, khoahoc0508 said:

Not problem, but how bring back logo to package after build?

Thanks!

 

No problem here: building Clover with logo. You can bring back manually: icon.zip is in src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/Package. Unzip, copy/paste in Get Info as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why has it stopped being included though?

 

I also noticed the built package is 0.4MB smaller than the last version I built (r4844).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

 

No problem here: building Clover with logo. You can bring back manually: icon.zip is in src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/Package. Unzip, copy/paste in Get Info as usual.

No way set logo as default when build pkg file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, khoahoc0508 said:

No way set logo as default when build pkg file?

 

Default logo depend from Clover source files, Buildpkg, I think, not the script. Test from new ~/src, If you can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, D-an-W said:

Why has it stopped being included though?

Here works really well. But why no one is posting a build log? Or by chances you are asking why downloading the package from sf... it has no file attributes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using Build_Clover.command as always to build and as someone else pointed out, the built package no longer seems to have the icon as with previous versions.

 

1535733812_ScreenShot2019-01-20at18_46_34.png.fb9005154222c49149244f0a47573748.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

I am using Build_Clover.command as always to build and as someone else pointed out, the built package no longer seems to have the icon as with previous versions.

 

1535733812_ScreenShot2019-01-20at18_46_34.png.fb9005154222c49149244f0a47573748.png

Sir, the build log..please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is process in the packaging to copy a resource fork to the package.

roughly there is a zip with an icon that is supposed to have a resource fork that is copied and applied.

the initial unzip leaves Icon.icns such a thing to copy

### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/DeRez - SysError -39 during open of resource file "/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/package/Icons/Icon.icns".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, tluck said:

there is process in the packaging to copy a resource fork to the package.

roughly there is a zip with an icon that is supposed to have a resource fork that is copied and applied.

the initial unzip leaves Icon.icns such a thing to copy

### /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/DeRez - SysError -39 during open of resource file "/Extra/Clover_Install/CloverGrowerPro/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/package/Icons/Icon.icns".

thanks! I'll look for a fix

52 minutes ago, D-an-W said:

Where would I find it please?

..from the Terminal while building Clover's package

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I was looking for an actual .log file!

 

As mentioned by tluck I see this (This was the same after starting with a fresh /src folder also)...

===================== RC Scripts =======================
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.target
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.on.all.volumes
	[BUILD] rc.scripts.core
================= Optional RC Scripts ==================
	[BUILD] disable_sleep_proxy_client
==================== Clover Prefpane ===================
	[BUILD] CloverPrefpane
================= Post =================
	[BUILD] Post
### DeRez - The resource fork of "/Users/dan/src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym/package/Icons/Icon.icns" is empty and uninitialized.

 --------------------------
 Building process complete!
 --------------------------

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look in CloverPackage/package/buildpkg.sh

 

    ditto -xk "${PKGROOT}/Icon.zip" "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/"

    DeRez -only icns "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/Icon.icns" > "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/tempicns.rsrc"

    Rez -append "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/tempicns.rsrc" -o "${distributionFilePath}"

    SetFile -a C "${distributionFilePath}"

    rm -rf "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons"

Edited by tluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tluck said:

look in CloverPackage/package/buildpkg.sh

 

    ditto -xk "${PKGROOT}/Icon.zip" "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/"

    DeRez -only icns "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/Icon.icns" > "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/tempicns.rsrc"

    Rez -append "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons/tempicns.rsrc" -o "${distributionFilePath}"

    SetFile -a C "${distributionFilePath}"

    rm -rf "${PKG_BUILD_DIR}/Icons"

Hi, when I created the build script for the HWSensor project I was looking for a way to set the image for the package but after saw the above lines in Clover last year...I decide to make a tiny command line called seticon (source code here). Attached a prebuilt one, usage:

 

seticon /path/to/any/image/supported/by/macOS/anyImage.png /path/to/any/file/or/directory

 

It just require an uncompressed image unlike clover is actually doing...using just one line. Please tell me if works as expected as I hope.

seticon.zip

Edited by vector sigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By glasgood
      CLOVER DUAL BOOT MOJAVE & WINDOWS 10 GUIDE 
       

       
       
      INCLUDES  MBR / LEGACY BIOS  TO  GPT / EFI CONVERSION
      USING MBR2GPT TOOL
       
       
      PREREQUISITE: Two physical discs ( SSD’s or HDD’s )
       
       
       
       
       
      STEP 1 - Clover dual boot configuration 
       
      Open config.plist with Clover Configurator
       
      Boot
       Legacy = PBR Timeout = True ( will remove the Timeout countdown, from Clover boot menu)  

       
      GUI 
      Scan / Custom
       Entries = True  Tool = True  Legacy = False ( removes extra Windows 10 entries )  
      Hide Volume
      - Preboot ( macOS Preboot )
      - Recovery ( macOS Recovery )
       

       
      So at boot you will have two options: boot macOS Mojave or Windows 10 
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      ————————————————————
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive without Windows 10 installed
       
      Disconnect system drive that contains your macOS Mojave install from computer ( This is so that Windows does not overwrite existing macOS Mojave boot loader )
       
      Proceed with a Windows 10 UEFI install.  
      After installation reconnect macOS Mojave Drive, the Windows installation should now be detected and usable in Clover. 
      If Windows 10 is not detected or able to boot,  then verify you installed Windows 10 as UEFI and not MBR ---->  ( Read step 2 - For a drive with Windows 10 installed )
       
       
      OR
       
       
       
      STEP 2 - Using a drive with Windows 10 already installed
       
      Verify your Windows install is  GPT / UEFI or MBR / Legacy BIOS.   
      If Windows install is GPT UEFI then Windows 10 install is ready to use at Clover boot menu, you should be able to boot into Windows directly from Clover boot screen. 
       

       
       
      But if  Windows drive is detected at Clover boot screen, but when booting Windows you get a black screen with a cursor on the top left,
      then this is most likely because Windows drive is MBR ( Legacy BIOS ).  You can easily convert MBR to GPT using  Windows MBR2GPT tool ( this saves hours work having to reinstall Windows 10 and setting up all your applications again  ) 
       
      If Windows 10 install is MBR / Legacy BIOS  then simply convert to GPT / UEFI  following instructions below ( read video summary and view video )
       
       
      ** To use Windows 10  MBR2GPT tool  you must have Windows 10 version 1703 ( creators update  ) or later and less than 3 partitions on 
      the Windows 10 drive **
       
      Video summary:
       
      Confirm Windows 10 drive is MBR Legacy BIOS ( in Windows Disk Management ) Reboot into Windows PE ( Advanced Startup ) Convert from MBR Legacy BIOS to GPT UEFI ( using commands below ) mbr2gpt /validate mbr2gpt /convert Restart Verify Windows 10 drive has changed to GPT UEFI ( in Windows Disk Management )  
       
       
       
      After conversion Windows 10 is ready to use at the Clover boot menu 
       
       
       
      STEP 3 - Stop Windows Boot manager from overriding Clover boot manager
       
      How to stop Windows boot manager from overriding your Hackintosh Clover boot manager when using dual booting between macOS and Windows
       
       
       
       
       
       
    • By SoThOr
      This was spurred on from a discussion in the Clover General thread. Where there was a debate on bcdedit being able create/read/edit (U)EFI Boot entries. I didn't think it appropriate to post all this information there and somebody may want to make use of this and its likely to get lost in that massive thread.
       
      Out of curiosity I decided to see if I could create an EFI entry using bcdedit. What can I say I like a challenge.  Whilst is not a documented method by Microsoft, as it turns out in a round about way it IS possible to create an EFI entry using bcdedit and these are the steps I went through to add UEFI Shell located on a USB stick to the EFI entries. 
       
      Third party software is available that can create and edit UEFI entries from Windows with better support and more features. I'm just making this information available in case those options are unavailable. 
       
      DISCLAIMER - This is not a supported method. Use at your own risk. I recommend backing up your BCD/Firmware variables/settings beforehand.
       
      1) Copy {bootmgr} entry.
      C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit /copy {bootmgr} /d "UEFI Shell" The entry was successfully copied to {34e8383c-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5}. 2) Edit the new entry using the new GUID bcdedit generated in the copy step.
        a) Set the device and path for UEFI shell on my USB stick.
      bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} device partition=G: bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} path \EFI\SHELL\SHELLX64.efi   b) Clean up some of the stuff that was copied from {bootmgr} (optional as far as I can tell, just makes things tidier in bcdedit)
      3) Put the new EFI entry first in boot order. (optional)
       
      After completing the steps above, here is what "bcdedit /enum firmware" shows:
       
      I shutdown my computer and when I turned my computer back on it booted up into UEFI Shell. After exiting the shell my PC went on to boot Windows.
      Here is the resulting dump using "bcfg boot dump -v" from that shell:
       
      You may notice that the shell shows as "Windows Boot Manager" in the bcdedit output. This I believe is because of the "WINDOWS" at the beginning of the option data that bcdedit added to the EFI Boot entry. I also believe this why bcdedit shows my Windows 8 installation as "Firmware Application" because it has no option data. I don't know how to remove this data using bcdedit nor do I know how the option data, that bcdedit adds, will affect other EFI applications.

      There might be a way to create the EFI entry without copying the Windows entry but if there is I'm unable to find any documentation on how one would do so. If you use the create command then it just puts it in the BCD and I'm unaware of a way to tell it to create it in EFI instead, other than by doing the above.
    • By cvad
      Small tool to download, compile and build the latest Clover X64 package.
       
       
       

      The script inside is editable.

       
      Enjoy...
       
      Many thanks to the comrade SunKi for help with creating the script.
       
       
       
       
       
      Best thanks - click "Rate File".
       
    • By blxkspell
      Hey!
      As I have 3 Monitors connected, my RX 570 gets arround 50°C while ideling/ web browsing etc. The problem is, that this temp is apparently just the threshold, when the fans start to spin. So the fans start spinning for a minute then they stop for a while again... This is very annoying for me as the rest of my hackintosh is nearly quiet (SSD, 120mm low RPM cpu fan, nearly silent PSU,...), especially when Im using the pc to revise for school. Does somebody know wether its possible to "change" the threshold till the fans start spinning? Like it would probably not be a problem for the gpu at all, if the temp rises to 55°C but therefore be soundless....
       
       
×