Micky1979

Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

1,956 posts in this topic

Advertisement
9 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Do you mean that below cmd does'nt work?

cp -R "${DIR_MAIN}"/edk2/Clover/Patches_for_EDK2/* "${DIR_MAIN}"/edk2/

here works good, but this is right from @SavageUS?

The current local EDK2 revision is the suggested one (26300).

should not be r26767 like mentioned by this guy?

Working with Slice's HWMonitor on sf is a pain as well  maybe is just sourceforge.. I also see that Aptiofix is already synced with a git reposytory, maybe you guys can you just do the same with edk2.

Well I just tested it by reverting my local copy of the EDK2 to it's original state and I got those errors that were being posted. I copied Patches_for_EDK2 to EDK2 dir, they disappeared because it built (besides one error that I fixed, unsure how anyone was building but ok). Then I reverted again then updated to the newest EDK2 commit, got build errors again. Recopied the patches, and it built. So yes if you are getting those errors it's because the patches were not copied. Maybe you might want to add the -f flag to copy so that it forcibly overwrites the files, just in case? Or maybe see if the result of the return from cp is an error because it failed? I don't know what you mean about AptioFix being synced, it is not. That is an external dependency just like EDK2, and is basically AptioFix3 with some added stuff that were basically what I had been saying should happen, no one listened and argued with me a bunch. Then decided that it should behave that way and wrote it separately from clover because that was easier to maintain.... I constantly have to remove it to properly build because either the repo can't update because its down (I have way more trouble with most stuff on github than I've ever had at SF, which is why I don't think the problem is truly SF, but then again I live like right by one of the main servers so it may be a proximity/routing thing) or because the code is broken and won't build. Which is why I didn't want it as an external dependency but I was overruled by Slice because I'm assuming he didn't want to have to constantly maintain packporting the fix into clover. Since even though I give anyone who asks and has demonstrated any ability to code the chance to at least have an opportunity to submit commits, I apparently wouldn't allow AptioFix to be updated (with my own ideas, mind you) by anyone else. Which is complete {censored} because no one ever asked to submit code ever, not once. Seems more like an opportunity to steal other people's work and pass it off as there own.... Which whatever, I don't really care. Recognition is like being constantly shot in the face with a fire hose, it's fun for about one millisecond, and then your head is being blasted with a fire hose....

Posted (edited)

Hi Sir apianti, I'm sorry but I cannot understand what you mean or referring to AptioFix stories, but me at least, I was only referring on how the script (as per title of the topic) checkout/update AptioFix from github into a svn one and I was wondering if this can be done with edk2 ...and get rid of sourceforge. No some thing else. About the copy of the patches.. how this cannot work? cp in -R mode continue copying even on errors, so that I agree with -f, but errors are printed to the stdout and this is not the case. Those errors only happened to me when patches for edk2 inside Clover aren't good for the local revision of edk2 itself why I showned you this:

Sir Zenith432 committed new patches compatible with newer r26764 but the guy who showned a fail on the log was using 26300.

So, if you revert edk2, don't forget to revert Clover as well, otherwise errors for sure. You know, simply that. 

EDIT
unless you are talking about reverting edk2 to the same revision but untouched:D. Anyway mentioned cp command is inside clover() func, so to apply patches you have to ensure to update clover with an option of that script. So yes if you cannot update Clover because sf is down, patches cannot be applied but anyway are the old one. Speaking by using this script ^_^

EDIT II

maybe you have to move the cp command outside this function, or eventually have this code in ebuild.sh.

Edited by vector sigma
spelling

5 hours ago, vector sigma said:

Hi Sir apianti, I'm sorry but I cannot understand what you mean or referring to AptioFix stories, but me at least, I was only referring on how the script (as per title of the topic) checkout/update AptioFix from github into a svn one and I was wondering if this can be done with edk2 ...and get rid of sourceforge. No some thing else. About the copy of the patches.. how this cannot work? cp in -R mode continue copying even on errors, so that I agree with -f, but errors are printed to the stdout and this is not the case. Those errors only happened to me when patches for edk2 inside Clover aren't good for the local revision of edk2 itself why I showned you this:

Sir Zenith432 committed new patches compatible with newer r26764 but the guy who showned a fail on the log was using 26300.

So, if you revert edk2, don't forget to revert Clover as well, otherwise errors for sure. You know, simply that. 

EDIT
unless you are talking about reverting edk2 to the same revision but untouched:D. Anyway mentioned cp command is inside clover() func, so to apply patches you have to ensure to update clover with an option of that script. So yes if you cannot update Clover because sf is down, patches cannot be applied but anyway are the old one. Speaking by using this script ^_^

EDIT II

maybe you have to move the cp command outside this function, or eventually have this code in ebuild.sh.

No, I had the patches copied over and had to revert the EDK2 repo to its original state. The revision actually matters very little, not as much as made out to be, sometimes when there are large changes to one of the headers or something there is an issue but most of the time it's fine because it overwrites the entire file, not just patch it. You only need the patches if you are building the firmware, the GUI alone shouldn't need the patches but then you have to specifically build each module. Which I doubt the script does. The script can definitely be changed to use the git repo, it's not my script, and was my initial point, switch to the github repo of EDK2 and you will probably have less issues.

can't the edk repo just be changed in the BuildCloverConfig.txt on line 16

EDK2_REP=svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2

or is there more to it then just that?

27 minutes ago, bronxteck said:

No it's more than that as the commands would need to be switched to use git instead of subversion. It would also require removing any working copy.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, bronxteck said:

7 hours ago, apianti said:

No it's more than that as the commands would need to be switched to use git instead of subversion. It would also require removing any working copy.

I'm confident that this:

EDK2_REP=https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/trunk

in BuildCloverConfig.txt will work as expected :D. Just need a clean src the first time. Bye bye sourceforge... now we need Clover on github..

Edited by vector sigma

Posted (edited)

I suspected such sync issues may occur.

Migrating all the repos to git would require a major change in the source code versioning and I think that's up to @Slice to decide.

Edited by Philip Petev

Hi Sir Philip Petev, of course yes. About the revision,by calling:

Build_Clover.command --edk2rev 36852

everything went fine, but can we assume that differences is always the same?? 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Hi Sir Philip Petev, of course yes. About the revision,by calling:

Build_Clover.command --edk2rev 36852

everything went fine, but can we assume that differences is always the same?? 

The only way to be sure is to svn-checkout both the git and the SF repos in different folders and compare them with visual diff tool like Kaleidoscope. If they are identical, you won't see any occurrences when you load them in the app.

Edited by Philip Petev

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

The only way to be sure is to checkout both the git and the SF repos in different folders and compare them with visual diff tool like Kalleidoscope.

IMHO, is just the revision that comes with sf that is missleading, main repo is on github. I mean that if Slice will decide to use:

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/trunk

instead of 

svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2

then the rivision will be just the latest he wants to be ha ha. He just need to checkout new modules with new url. Is always a svn repo and have to do this only once and syntax He's using will be always the same (i.e. He can continue to use ~/src/edk2/Clover/update.sh)

Edited by vector sigma
spelling

Posted (edited)

There is no reason to need to continue with any revision for EDK2, it is only used to update the patches, which is why at some point there is a "suggested" revision. However, the git and svn repos are identical, except that the svn repo constantly syncs with the git repo. Clover v2 repo won't be changing git, just the script using git for EDK2, it still would need to use subversion for Clover. And if you do switch to git for the EDK2 repo you'll have to make sure the entire working copy is erased to pull from the git repo or you'll run into issues.

EDIT: Also I switched to the git EDK2 repo a long time ago when the svn repo switched to syncing instead of direct commits. Never had an issue.

Edited by apianti

25 minutes ago, apianti said:

make sure the entire working copy is erased to pull from the git repo or you'll run into issues

yeah, just compare each packages by doing the following (in this case BaseTools):

cd ~/src/edk2/BaseTools
svn info . | grep '^URL'

then if the output is not "URL: ${EDK2_REP}/BaseTools" you'll have delete it and checkout it again.

Posted (edited)

SF is out for lunch... again.

Edit: guys, take a look at this:

Spoiler

================================================================================
boot6
                             <--------------------------------------------------
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/philip/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/philip/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/philip/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/philip/src/edk2

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/philip/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9

Build environment: Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Build start time: 22:24:40, Apr.02 2018

WORKSPACE        = /Users/philip/src/edk2
ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/philip/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/philip/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/philip/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/philip/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH        = /Users/philip/src/edk2/Conf

Architecture(s)  = X64
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = XCODE8

Active Platform          = /Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data ..

build.py...
/Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf(452): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
    /Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/X64/WriteTr.nasm

- Failed -
Build end time: 22:24:44, Apr.02 2018
Build total time: 00:00:04

o_Ops, ./ebuild.sh exited with error(s), aborting..

That's clean source download (no ~/src/edk2) from the GH repo.

Edited by Philip Petev

11 hours ago, vector sigma said:

yeah, just compare each packages by doing the following (in this case BaseTools):

cd ~/src/edk2/BaseTools
svn info . | grep '^URL'

then if the output is not "URL: ${EDK2_REP}/BaseTools" you'll have delete it and checkout it again.

No, if you switch to a git repo from using subversion repo, you need to erase the entire working copy. They are completely different tools and hold the commits in different ways, they cannot be checked out into the same directory. In fact git usually refuses to checkout into a non empty directory without flags and also if I recall correctly also complains that its already being tracked by subversion. You can however convert it to git but that won't help you because you want to have the remote git repo's commits/history, not create a new one.

7 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

SF is out for lunch... again.

Edit: guys, take a look at this:

Hide contents

================================================================================
boot6
                             <--------------------------------------------------
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/philip/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/philip/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /Users/philip/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/philip/src/edk2

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/philip/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 9

Build environment: Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Build start time: 22:24:40, Apr.02 2018

WORKSPACE        = /Users/philip/src/edk2
ECP_SOURCE       = /Users/philip/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_SOURCE       = /Users/philip/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EFI_SOURCE       = /Users/philip/src/edk2/EdkCompatibilityPkg
EDK_TOOLS_PATH   = /Users/philip/src/edk2/BaseTools
CONF_PATH        = /Users/philip/src/edk2/Conf

Architecture(s)  = X64
Build target     = RELEASE
Toolchain        = XCODE8

Active Platform          = /Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.dsc
Flash Image Definition   = /Users/philip/src/edk2/Clover/Clover.fdf

Processing meta-data ..

build.py...
/Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/BaseLib.inf(452): error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
    /Users/philip/src/edk2/MdePkg/Library/BaseLib/X64/WriteTr.nasm

- Failed -
Build end time: 22:24:44, Apr.02 2018
Build total time: 00:00:04

o_Ops, ./ebuild.sh exited with error(s), aborting..

I have been using SF all day and haven't had one problem, lol.

7 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

What do you mean? I use the GH git repo for EDK2, and the SF svn repo for Clover, in multiple OSes and it works perfectly fine. Just built with newest commits from each repo, works great...?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, apianti said:

No, if you switch to a git repo from using subversion repo, you need to erase the entire working copy. They are completely different tools and hold the commits in different ways, they cannot be checked out into the same directory. In fact git usually refuses to checkout into a non empty directory without flags and also if I recall correctly also complains that its already being tracked by subversion. You can however convert it to git but that won't help you because you want to have the remote git repo's commits/history, not create a new one.

We are saying a similar thing of Just checking if the repo is not the same, then you can erase it or not. But me I'm talking by using "svn co" on github not git, otherwise you can ignore me :)

16 hours ago, Philip Petev said:

Wrong revision of edk2 (probably is old), take latest or use r36852 as I already tried. EDIT: just for testing purpose, assuming you're using github.

Edited by vector sigma

Posted (edited)

My point was subversion counts the revisions in the git repo the wrong way. Trying to pull out the latest preferred revision (r26764), subversion downloaded unusable copy (probably another revision), so changing the edk2 url with the GH repo doesn't work, at least no as it should be.

And the latest revision works only because nothing has been changed much (or at all) in the files from the Patches_for_edk2 folder.

Edited by Philip Petev

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

subversion downloaded unusable copy (probably another revision)

there's probably a diferences of 10086:

svn info https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/trunk
Path: trunk
URL: https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/trunk
Relative URL: ^/trunk
Repository Root: https://github.com/tianocore/edk2
Repository UUID: 72af8a33-8d04-ae46-851a-ce57b7db7bff
Revision: 36858
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: carsey..jaben
Last Changed Rev: 36858
Last Changed Date: 2018-04-03 11:39:34 +0200 (Mar, 03 Apr 2018)

vs sourceforge:

svn info svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2
Path: edk2
URL: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2
Relative URL: ^/trunk/edk2
Repository Root: svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code
Repository UUID: 6f19259b-4bc3-4df7-8a09-765794883524
Revision: 26772
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: edk2buildsystem
Last Changed Rev: 26768
Last Changed Date: 2018-04-02 11:05:26 +0200 (Lun, 02 Apr 2018)

so by checking out r26764 from github (svn) is like having downloading r16678 from sf :D

EDIT

..but sf is actually one day older. Maybe We can checkout a single BaseTools from both url (r36858 and r26772) and see if the commit message is the same with:

cd .../BaseTools
svn log --revision xxxxx

EDIT II

Anyway git is best, but the big problem is if Slice wants that??

Edited by vector sigma
typo

On 1/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, apianti said:

So yes if you are getting those errors it's because the patches were not copied

Got it. I'm playing with Clover to make a customized iso with nvme+apfs drivers for virtualbox. I've entered the called "Developer mode", and this really doesn't copy patches. Don't know if this is a bug or is wanted, unsure.

Good night

You need to check out the github URL with git. You did that right? If you only changed the URL and still used svn then it probably did something weird.