Garbled screen

Derek12

4 posts in this topic

I have installed macOS Sierra on a separate HD to test it and the installation went smoothly (with nv_disable=1 or it loses signal, like in Capitan)

GPU: Geforce 730

Monitor: HP 22cw HDMI 1080p.

Now after installing the latest Nvidia web drivers for Sierra, I restarted and now the screen becomes garbled after the Apple logo. The computer seems to be working, not frozen.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

post-767483-0-93309100-1468244712_thumb.jpg

Try setting the GUI resolution to something lower in Clover config - ScreenResoution = 1024x768. I found the bios could not deal with the final resolution on my system (1920x1080) until after the driver loads after boot. It automatically changes to the correct resolution once the drivers load - on mine.

Try setting the GUI resolution to something lower in Clover config - ScreenResoution = 1024x768. I found the bios could not deal with the final resolution on my system (1920x1080) until after the driver loads after boot. It automatically changes to the correct resolution once the drivers load - on mine.

LOL as I said I fixed it by changing SMBIOS from iMac 17,1 to iMac 13,1 :)

Anyway the Clover screen shows fine here at 1920x1080, this problem happened just after the Apple logo at boot, where the login screen would appear.