About Just Joined group Read more... ×
darkvoid

[FIX] macOS Sierra DP1 BCM94532Z WiFi

131 posts in this topic

Advertisement

On macOS Sierra DP1, when using a BMC94532Z NGFF WiFi card, AirportBrcm4360.kext no longer successfully loads.

This problem is caused by the driver not being able to initialize the fvco (frequency voltage controlled oscillator).

Apply the following patch in Clover to enable WiFi using the BCM94352Z:

Kext:    AirPortBrcm4360
Find:    81F952AA00007529 
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

Through Clover config.plist:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
	<key>Name</key>
	<string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

After this patch my wifi has started working in sierra installation

But after installation result is the same (no wifi)

Any ideas?

After this patch my wifi has started working in sierra installation

But after installation result is the same (no wifi)

Any ideas?

Terminal -> sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

@Darkvoid,

pure genius, my wifi on BCM94352HMB, which was disabled after 10.12 Sierra update is now working with no problems after applying your fix in clover, many thanks.

Wow you must have the most compatible pc. My config.plist is way more complicated. :D

Aside from the SMBIOS section, It was automatically populated through following a El Capitan guide for the HP Envy 15T  K-series created by "Rehabman".

Hey guys, do you know if this patch will work for the DW1560 BCM20702A0 Wifi Card? I have that card in my laptop. Thanks,

In my case, after edit with this script I have to reinstall sierra. Just edit config.plist, not working. Anyway, thanks. 

So I followed these steps and my wifi was working with 10.12. After updating to 10.12.1 it no longer works. If I click on the wifi symbol in the menu bar it says "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed." Is there something else that has to be done for 10.12.1 now?

So I followed these steps and my wifi was working with 10.12. After updating to 10.12.1 it no longer works. If I click on the wifi symbol in the menu bar it says "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed." Is there something else that has to be done for 10.12.1 now?

I made it work by using darkvoid's patch, and also replacing an existing device ID with my own on AirPortBrcm4360.kext:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>BCM94352HMB add 0x43b114e4</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNGU0LDQzYmE8L3N0cmluZz4=
	</data>
	<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
	<true/>
	<key>Name</key>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNGU0LDQzYjE8L3N0cmluZz4=
	</data>
</dict>

Don't use any additional kexts, and don't apply anything related on Clover's DSDT fixes.

After you're done with the changes on your config.plist run the following on Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Now Restart.

okay everything works again i enabled  "AddDTGP" and "FixAirport"  in ACPI Section and added the DeviceID in in the Device Section. with darkvoids patch my WIFI is working on 10.12.1 :D

I made it work by using darkvoid's patch, and also replacing an existing device ID with my own on AirPortBrcm4360.kext:

<dict>
	<key>Comment</key>
	<string>BCM94352HMB add 0x43b114e4</string>
	<key>Disabled</key>
	<false/>
	<key>Find</key>
	<data>
	PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNGU0LDQzYmE8L3N0cmluZz4=
	</data>
	<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
	<true/>
	<key>Name</key>
	<key>Replace</key>
	<data>
	PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNGU0LDQzYjE8L3N0cmluZz4=
	</data>
</dict>

Don't use any additional kexts, and don't apply anything related on Clover's DSDT fixes.

After you're done with the changes on your config.plist run the following on Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Now Restart.

Would the device ID be the same for all similar chips? I have an Azurewave BCM94352HMB. Also, is there a certain spot in AirPortBRCM4360.kext that I need to put this? I added it already and it is still not working.

Would the device ID be the same for all similar chips? I have an Azurewave BCM94352HMB. Also, is there a certain spot in AirPortBRCM4360.kext that I need to put this? I added it already and it is still not working.

If you open this patch on Clover Configurator, you will see the actual String representation and not the Base64 encoding. Then it's easy to change the value to reflect your Device ID.

Alternatively you can decode the Base64 String online (on a utility site), change it's value to your Device ID, and then encode it again to Base64.

If you open this patch on Clover Configurator, you will see the actual String representation and not the Base64 encoding. Then it's easy to change the value to reflect your Device ID.

Alternatively you can decode the Base64 String online (on a utility site), change it's value to your Device ID, and then encode it again to Base64.

I already have it :

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				gflSqgAAdSk=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				gflSqgAAZpA=
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
Schermata_2016_10_27_alle_11_45_14.png

Schermata_2016_10_27_alle_11_45_45.png

With 10.12 with same settings but without IO80211Family.kext

Schermata_2016_10_27_alle_09_40_33.png

Hi All,

I'm really newbie on using clover, please enlighten me for this.

Just had upgrade from Yosemite to Sierra with clean install, all works now left Wifi and BT.

I have bcm94360cd with BCM20702A0 bluetooth as half mini pcie.

Mb. Gigabyte H97N-Wifi (changed the wifi card)

From DPCI Manager it shows
14E4, 43B1, 11AD, 6646, Broadcom Corporation, BCM4352 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter

Tried to put darkvoid patch into my config.plist

include 

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -/

But seems not working.

Is there anything I missed ?

Guys I have BCM943225HMB after upgrading to 10.12.1 the whilst patch didn't work I even tried the patch mentioned by Denicio didn't work either .

What is the correct patch for me ?

Should be something like this?
For me is not working...

Well maybe I am doing something wrong but exactly shroud I do?

My card is  Broadcom BCM4352

post-1377288-0-20281100-1477659892_thumb.png

Should be something like this?

For me is not working...

Well maybe I am doing something wrong but exactly shroud I do?

My card is  Broadcom BCM4352

attachicon.gifwifi-ket-patches.png

Which Device ID are you trying to add?

To be honest, I have no idea. Can you tell me where and how to check my id, and what I have to do, please? :)

To be honest, I have no idea. Can you tell me where and how to check my id, and what I have to do, please? :)

Download DPCIManager, and find your Broadcom Device ID through that (or take a screenshot of it).