Problem with Acer 5044WLMi

alduleimi

22 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone

I bought an Acer 5044 today and tried to install Mac OS 10.4.4/5 (deadmoo) but it show the apple logo (grey screen) then shows the circle with line through it) i tried booting with -x -v and i got the following error message :

- ApplePS22Controller: Timed out on mouse input

- IOPCCardBridge::start failed

- unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13

- start [/sourceCache/AirportDriverAtheros5424/AirPortDriverAtheros5424-100.21/scr/driver/atherosController.cpp:391] loaded unsuccessfully

then

Still waiting for root device

The Machine Specs. are as follow :

- Acer Aspire 5044WLMi

- AMD Turion 64 ML-34

- ATI Mobility Xpress 200M

It's only few hours old and i already formated the machine and the problem it didn't came with any installtion CD's so unless i manage to get mac os running on it i am kinda stuck !!

I am sure you guys know the feeling when trying to install the mac os on your machine to get this error message but i have hope that this problem might be resolved somehow and i really really would appreciate if you could give me some suggestion on how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advanced for your help and look forward to hearing from you

James

Anybody plzzzz :)

will it be good idea to exchange this meachine with toshiba L100 which has intel celeron processor ?

the problem is the specs of the toshiba is less eventhough they both the same price so unless i ran out of choices i might just replace it.

one more time plz if you think of any suggestion or a magical solution plz share with me and i will very thankful for that

Cheers,

James

Hi again :D

as i haven't heard anything from you guys i decided it might be the time for me to enter the wonderful world of Jas so i downloaded the Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO (it took me 3 days to complete the download), burned the file on DVD and boot from it, the screen appears saying click any key to start installtion then the grey screen with apple logo, now the good news is the circle with line through haven't appeard but the bad news is the throbber below the logo is kept spinning over and over and over for about 8 hours with no luck !!! :blink:

so i tried the boot option -v and attached a screenshoot which i really hope it will help to get an help to solve this issue.

post-19947-1162466743_thumb.jpg

please guys i am sure with all experts around here someone could be kind enough to help me :)

looking forward from some good news

regards,

James

:D

Hi guys,

so sorry to be such a pain but i really think somebody out there can help me to find a solution.

Is there any more info i can provide would help such as machine specs or the problem (I mean as they say word worth 1000 words) ?

so again one i will list some info of the machine :

Make : ACER ASPIRE 5044WLMI

Processor : AMD Turion 64 ML

Graphics : ATI Radeon Xpress 200M

this is a link for my info about the machine and where i got it from it's actually good deal and it will get ever better if a solution to install mac os on it appear :)

http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product...cification#spec

plz if anyone there can help plzzzz share it with me.

Cheers

Oh god !!! somebody did answered me finally!!

Thank you very much bikedude880 for you kind reply, the problem is bios doesn't give much option apart from boot list and normal password and time setting but no control on any devices.

again thanks for your reply :D

Cheers

Hi wondergod,

I am not really sure but as per the specifications on comet.co.uk website (where i bought this machine) they said it doesn't have sata drive.

i checked their website today and the machine is out of the stock but now they have another acer machine with same price but intel celeron processor !!!!!! i wish i waited another week ;)

so, shall i sell my machine (no hope for a solution ?) it's a shame to lose some money after less than a week use, i even upgraded the RAM from 512MB to 768MB.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
well you can always try the vmware to native way of the install and see if that helps....

Hello wondergod,

I tried installing using VMWare and it's actually took step back as it shows me the circle with line through it which i had with 10.4.5

:)

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi it's me again :)

i recently tried to install ubuntu 32bit on my machine but again i wasn't able to do as the screen just freezes at the beginning

my processor i suppose to support 32 bit and 64 bit (as per amd site)

i download 64 bit of ubuntu and surprisingly it installed with no problems

now dose this mean mac osx 64 bit will install fine (actually is there mac os 64 bit in the first place ?!!)

Good day

HI Andras

Thanks for replying

My machine has IDE ATA/ATAPI (See the attached pic)

post-19947-1164402108_thumb.jpg

I wasn't sure what you meant regarding ATI ATA driver

please mate if there is anything you can help me to solve this issue just shoot (specially you are acer aspire user) :huh:

look forward to your reply

Cheers

so sorry for keep pumping it but all i am asking is, is it possible or not ? i even sent message to Jas but i think he is not in a mood (i don't really blame him, i could imagine he receive alot of messages everyday asking similar question !!) but i only did cause i ran out of choices so please

Just Yes or No !

Cheers,

Dear Rammjet

Thank you veeery much for your reply, my IDE is by ATI (which i take it is good news) but i did search regarding ATI.ATA patch and as per my understanding you can select this patch during the installation process but the problem i am having i don't get to this stage. all i get when i boot is the grey screen with apple logo and spinning roll and that's it.

looking forward for your reply :construction:

alduleimi

Thank you veeery much for your reply, my IDE is by ATI (which i take it is good news) but i did search regarding ATI.ATA patch and as per my understanding you can select this patch during the installation process but the problem i am having i don't get to this stage. all i get when i boot is the grey screen with apple logo and spinning roll and that's it.

I don't consider it good news, I consider it bad news.

There is a separate PPF1 patch for the 10.4.6 JaS DVD to give it ATI.ATA capability. I'm not positive, but I believe the patch is already incorporated into 10.4.7 JaS Repack DVD. All 3 are available from the Demon.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent News !!! :unsure:

Finally managed to install the Mac OSX 10.4.7 on my machine using VMWare, thanks to

First i want to say thanks to everyone who help me to troubleshoot this issue specially Rammjet

And big thank for Mohd Yusuf for give me the link below :

The lovely guide by SABR (Thanks)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=11314

Also i saw this very nice video tutorial on the net which help me even more

http://blog.adonias.cl/leer.php?id=78&Lang=EN

I am posting these links incase anyone need them.

Now the most important question for you guys if you don't mind :hammer:

I have 60GB C: Drive (Windows), 20GB D: Drive (MacOS via VMWare)

I want now to run Mac Native by copying the mac installation to the big partiton C: and format the D: Drive

Is this done loging-in to Mac OS via VMWare then using Disk Utility formate C: Drive then copy the image from D: Drive to C: Drive ?

Now the VMWare program in on C: Drive so when i am running it i can't format the drive, is this right ?

after trying for months i feel soooo close and it just one more step this is why i want to make sure i am doing it the right way :)

will the mac os recognize more of my hardware (i.e. screen resolution, QuartzExtreme, Wireless) after upgrading to native install ?

Sorry for this questions but i am so excited with the success on christmas day and look forward to get rid of Virtual World to the native mac to get the full joy ;)

Look forward to hearing from you

and Happy Christmas to you all

Cheers,