[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Mr. Xtreme

788 posts in this topic

System kext to clean up the missing symbols ;) How did you get past the firehose issue?

firehose is available here https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-libdispatch/tree/master/os

Using the header file I manage to compile all object but the build failed with 

LD  kernel.unstripped

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/usr/local/lib/kernel'

ld: library not found for -lfirehose_kernel

I tried to build firehose library but there seems to be some major conflict between the mach header and libdispatch-685.  Need to wait for Xcode update for proper firehost_kernel.

• Like 1

firehose is available here https://github.com/apple/swift-corelibs-libdispatch/tree/master/os

Using the header file I manage to compile all object but the build failed with

LD kernel.unstripped

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.12.sdk/usr/local/lib/kernel'

ld: library not found for -lfirehose_kernel

I tried to build firehose library but there seems to be some major conflict between the mach header and libdispatch-685. Need to wait for Xcode update for proper firehost_kernel.

Have you tried to build libdispatch?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edit: I'm sure it all needs compiled from Sierra. El Capitan is missing headers etc that the CLT for Sierra holds. I don't have access to Sierra though :(

I install Sierra on my real Mac, then I'll check if it works :)

Edit:

Huge problems to install sierra 10.12 on my old iMac 2010, although I use a suitable patch for unsupportetd Mac's. now I'm trying to install using pacifist. I hope that I will succeed.

EDIT:

I passed the diagnostics test, now the installation succeeded successfully. :) That was a tough fight. Probably we must proceed similarly with AMD hackintosh.I will write later something about the Installation of Sierra.

Edit:
To create the USB installer use either the tool from @dosdude1 or DiskMaker X6  or the tool from Chris1111 or what else you want to use.
It is important to note that, after has been completed the USB Installer and after has been completed the installation, you has to be changed the origin PlatformSupport.plist with the modified PlatformSupport.plist in System/Library/CoreServices/
This is also the case, the installation will succeed...at least so I could install sierra successfully.

Edit:

I upload in a few minutes two kernels, one for fx cpus and the other one for old CPUs.

PlatformSupport.plist.zip

• Like 3

Tried all on my Athlon. KP after VM Swap System. Too large to see cause. Did you try remove the vnode_check_signature? I get something similar on my kernel when I do that.

Thanks for your message Shane, i will check my source :)

• Like 1

Please check both kernels and give a report

(Based on Opcode from Sinetek, without SSEPlus)

Edit:

And now I'm going to build two other kernels with SSEPlus.

done, see appendix

* write a message, if the kernel does not work or other problems should occur, plz

Hi Spakk!

I installed the system again!

Installation successful!

Restart:

I got the same error message! 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-tests/?p=2292847

Kernel: Kernel_SSEPlus_for_FX.zip  

post-1166679-0-26887200-1477693731_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I make the same mistake, very annoying. I will rebuild everything again. B)

I believe, and I thank you for your efforts!  :)
Weirdness! there is no error during installation.  :(
Just when you start the system!  :rofl:

post-1166679-0-79860700-1477695507_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Is the kernel the only change you made? I think you're the only one to make it to the installer.

Did you insert the PlatformSupport.plist correctly? read here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-macos-sierra-amd-cpu-tests/page-7?p=2306959&do=findComment&comment=2306959

Then the system should boot correctly.
If you install from the USB installer then you have to pay special attention!

€dit:
If you are using a backup from a running sierra system, then you need only to replace the PlatformSupport.plist, and install the amd kext drivers, delete the problematic extensions and renew the cache

Edit:
Good luck and joy, I go to bed  :bye:

Is the kernel the only change you made? I think you're the only one to make it to the installer.

nothing special

I changed USB kext!

deleted: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext, pmtelemetry.kext

• Like 1

It's just the first amd hackintosh successfully started with sierra 10.12. Please create a new thread special for vmware. The fact is, the kernels will also should work under vmware.

please do not mix here VMware questions with real install on hackintosh, thx

• Like 1

Got this problem...there is only one right decision or not????

Will be the same issue as El Capitan. You can attempt a USB fix but lets get it running first :D

Shaneee I replaced the USB cable!!! kekst all of FIX USB 3

I replaced the USB installation!!! kekst all of FIX USB 3

everything going one the mouse works as I understand it?

no one wants to help I understand

The mouse does not work

Kernel SSEPlus for FX reached the language selection, and again the mouse does not work.What to do?

Depending on their mainboard you should proceed to install or modify the appropriate drivers. If you have an asus mainboard so read what I have already written for el capitan.

I am writing at the moment with my smartphone. Search for usb-fix-v2 for El capitan, under download, there you find the appropriate link to the driver.

@AlexVTk

Use systeminfo.app and read the vendor-id and device-id and modify the driver.

Besides, we will build a new kernel for older x2 AMD CPUs, Shane will build and upload this new kernel today.