Mr. Xtreme

[AMD] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

788 posts in this topic

Advertisement

......I have an AMD laptop (AMD A10 processor) and I am trying to install macos sierra on vmware as in this......

I see the error 'The CPU has been disabled by the guest operating system. Power off or reset the virtual machine.' -http://prntscr.com/edh4tr

Im guessing "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312714-amd-macos-1012x-sierra-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/?p=2309335"this could solve the problem, but I cant seem to figure out how to use the 'kernels' attached in the linked post. Could anyone help a noob out?

Macos Sierra on VMware, please create a new thread which deals only with the installation of Macos Sierra on VMware. And remove your message here, please.

Because otherwise everything will getroffen confused here. thx

Macos Sierra on VMware, please create a new thread which deals only with the installation of Macos Sierra on VMware. And remove your message here, please.

Because otherwise everything will getroffen confused here. thx

Sorry for the inconvenience, created a new thread :) 

Hi there,

I don't wanna create controversy but I think the authors of those kernel patches should share the source diffs and not just post a pre-patched binary.

I mean, the kernel is the ideal place to put an undetectable rootkit. Not only would it reassure paranoids like me but it would be very interesting from a technical standpoint.

To the authors: don't take this the wrong way, I'm very grateful for your work but I think that's an issue worth being raised.

Hi there,

I don't wanna create controversy but I think the authors of those kernel patches should share the source diffs and not just post a pre-patched binary.

I mean, the kernel is the ideal place to put an undetectable rootkit. Not only would it reassure paranoids like me but it would be very interesting from a technical standpoint.

To the authors: don't take this the wrong way, I'm very grateful for your work but I think that's an issue worth being raised.

;) https://github.com/Shaneee92/

This isn't working on my Athlon but could Phenom users test. This should work on FX and be an improvement. 

Thanks for this new AMD kernel and unfortunately it got too many invalid opcodes during booting for FX-6300 hackintosh at both 10.12.1 & 10.12.3.

Thanks for this new AMD kernel and unfortunately it got too many invalid opcodes during booting for FX-6300 hackintosh at both 10.12.1 & 10.12.3.

Did you build the prelinkedkernel?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Did you build the prelinkedkernel?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for your hint which reminds me the correct way to test this new kernel.

After rebuild prelinkedkernel it can login desktop without issue now.

Thanks again !

I'll try it later for Phenom II hackintosh and wish it can work too.

[Edit]

Unfortunately it got KP after "VM Swap Subsystem is ON" & "HID: Legacy shim2" for Phenom II hackintosh.

I am building a new test kernel, I think that I will be finished in about 2 minutes, then I upload the kernel

please check this

AMD10.12_SSEPlus_Older CPUs.zip

I am building a new test kernel, I think that I will be finished in about 2 minutes, then I upload the kernel

please check this

What version of 10.12 you want to test for this one ?

10.12GM, 10.12.1, or 10.12.3 ?

I have tested with all 3 versions and all got KP after VM Swap Subsystem is ON due to invalid opcodes.....

for Phenom II & FX-6300 hackintosh.

please check this

My other system AMD Athlon II X4 640

Results:
normal boot:
post-1166679-0-68559400-1488622325_thumb.jpg

-f -v boot flag:
post-1166679-0-28735000-1488622357_thumb.jpg

My other system AMD Athlon II X4 640

Results:
normal boot:

-f -v boot flag:

Hey BCBoy

make a backup of S/L/E and replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from El Capitan and generate a new prelinked Kernel then start the system again and report us

...or check this kernel (before) without changing the drivers:

10.12_SSEPlus_older_CPU.zip

Edited by spakk

please check this

Hi!

My cpu AMD Phenom II B45.

My system 10.12.3 installer.

post-697722-0-05388600-1488631069_thumb.jpg

Hi!

My cpu AMD Phenom II B45.

My system 10.12.3 installer.

Yes, i had a similar KP message with yesterday's kernel, please check the last kernel 

Yes, i had a similar KP message with yesterday's kernel, please check the last kernel 

post-697722-0-97785800-1488632262_thumb.jpg

Yes, that was a test,
I have an error in trap.c, which I've still to fix. Thank you for your quick report

Hey BCBoy

make a backup of S/L/E and replace the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from El Capitan and generate a new prelinked Kernel then start the system again and report us

...or check this kernel (before) without changing the drivers:

2 replaced kext receive an error message

post-1166679-0-79499800-1488633538_thumb.jpg

2 replaced kext receive an error message

attachicon.gifWP_20170304_14_13_37_Pro_LI.jpg

Drivers replaceing brought unfortunately no positive results ... I try to fix the errors in the last kernel, then we look further.

Edit:
I had previously had problems with my hackintosh, system crashes :( , now continue to work at kernel building.

Edit:
I hope that something will happen, here my new kernel

EDIT.:
..... warning: invailed ip, won't attempt to handle trap
...invailed Kernel opcode (64-bit) ...........

but

check it with your CPU and report us your results, thx

Kernel.zip

1488655568933-142290558.jpg

Edited by spakk