MacPeet

[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

1,574 posts in this topic

I've successfully installed Sierra from scratch using MacPeet's instructions and files in Post #1 (was previously running Mavericks) on an Optiplex 780 SFF E8400. I think QE/CI *was* working for me as I could run Chess. It's connected to a Sony Bravia via VGA.

However, I've bought a Radeon HD 5450 like MacPeet's so I can use HDMI. I'd like to use my own DSDT file. I've created one in Linux with 

sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT >dsdt.aml

decompiled it with MaciASL and recompiled by removing some underscores.

1. Will it be in the correct format? Or should I create it with Clover's F4 function?

2. Is the HDEF patch the *only* patch that has been applied in Post #1 or do I need to apply others?

3. Can I just cut and paste the lines from the DSDT in Post #1 (i.e. section "Device (HDEF)")?

4. Why does Device (HDEF) seem to call DTGP, which I don't appear to have in my DSDT?

I've tried diffing mine with MacPeet's and there are thousands of lines different. :-/

Thanks.

DSDT.aml.zip

Advertisement

Hello guys. It was not so easy to install Sierra 10.12.2 on Optiplex 755, but I finally managed to finish this thing. This is my first hackintosh, which finally works and I can use everyday.

I have all of these things working :

Sound (VoodooHDA)

HD5450 1GB (DSDT)

E8400 C2D 3.0 GHz

4GB DDR2 667

500GB SEGATE SATA

Install Sierra following guide in 1 post but then use my pack for Optiplex 755.

Im using voodoohda, ive tried applehda and applealc and neither work. In VoodooHDA pack is readme file, I wrote how to remove noise and crackling in front green audio jack.

DSDT is probably form first post, but i had a lot of problems with bugs on startup, so Ive tried a lot of DSDT, this one is perfect. No bugs. Bug (cant click anything on screen) appeared only when wake from sleep, but I think its not the most important thing.

I cant remeber all of things made to config.plist, but as I say, everything is working.

With iMessage everyone knows what to do (real mac needed), if something changed pls tell me.

I attach my zip with all the files.

I used KextWizard, Clover 4003, Clover Vibrant.

Sierra Optiplex 755.zip

@karlic (780SFF)

Why do you want to create a new DSDT?
This is optimized for 780SFF with core2duo and entry PEG0 (graphic HD5450) and HDEF (LayoutID 11 (0B) for working with AppleALC).

@cisnia (755)

Your mistakes with trial_AppleALC.kext_Optiplex755.zip from Post # 1:

Set the FixHDA only if you are working without DSDT.
In the DSDT HDEF LayoutID 1 was set. I've placed on LayoutID 28 (1C).

This should work the trial_AppleALC.kext_Optiplex755.zip:

VoodooHDA and Disnabler of course delete.

FixDisplay, FixLAN and all New way fixes is not needed for Optiplex.

@MacPeet

Because I read that it's better to have a DSDT for your specific hardware. Mine is SFF yours is MT and the fact that QE/CI worked on mine makes me think there may be some significant differences.

Thank you for the DSDT. I'll have a go with that.

It does not matter whether SFF or MT.

The DSDT's work with 780/760/755 regardless of the design.
Only 790 is different.

The only difference in DSDT is the graphics of the users (HD5450, Nvidia, others ...) and ...

CPU Core2Duo or Core2Quad

post-1358580-0-92487600-1487416037.png   post-1358580-0-51684700-1487416048_thumb.png

Everything else is identical.

@MacPeet

That makes sense, thanks.

So, if I wanted to use my own DSDT, as a learning exercise, I'd only need to add entries for the HD5450?

How would I do that?

No, it's not that simple.

Much more is needed.
Add DTGP method, patch USB and insert EHC, patch LPC, patch SMBUS, patch SATA, patch graphics, patch HDEF for sound, Fix IRQ´s, and and and...

If you want to learn, then compare your DSDT and the finished DSDT's.
Or change a finished DSDT for your needs.

note:
I have post # 1 edited, now DSDT for C2D and C2Q available. Also added files for 755 and 790.

@MacPeet

OK, that's what I suspected. I need to get this machine back up and running so I'll go with yours and do the learning later.

One last question, should I have the BIOS set up to match the DSDT? (I've enabled virtualization and disabled parallel port, etc.)

And thank you for all the work that must have gone into sorting the DSDT. :-)

The DSDT's are for Bios A15.

VTd disabled or BootFlag dart=0 in config.plist
disabled parallel port, serial port, etc.

Okay. so back to trying to solve the No Video after wake from sleep problem. One card is working with a 790 Sierra Install, the other install was Yosemite on an Optiplex 780 that never had El Capitan on it. 

These Video cards were bought a little over a year apart, but this is basically what I have. Sapphire Radeon HD5450, 1GB, DDR3.

e0lh6s.jpg

Okay, so after going nuts trying different DSDT's and settings in Clover, I wondered, could the cards not be 100% identical?

So I took the Video Card from the 780 that had no video after wake from sleep in Sierra, and swapped it with the card in the 790 that had video after waking from sleep.

Booted up the 790, put the computer into sleep, then woke it up and.... No Video! Okay, tried it a couple more times, and after waking from sleep, no video. So the cards are different!

Okay, so what is the difference? I switched over to my Windows 10 partition, and used Gpuz to take a look at the cards.

Here is the card that has video when waking from sleep:

2vlnymq.gif

Shut down, swap cards, reboot. Here is the card that does not have video when waking from sleep:

25oupmb.gif

Notice any difference? The bios version is different! Hmmm, could it be that simple? 

Okay, so I used ATI Winflash, and pulled off a copy of the bios from the working card. Then swapped cards, rebooted into Windows 10,

saved a copy of the bios from the card that didn't have video after waking from sleep, and now flashed it with the bios from the card that was working.

Okay, now I rebooted into my Sierra partition on my Optiplex 790. Put the computer in sleep mode. Okay, could it really be this easy? 

I tapped the space bar on the computer, it started to wake up, and after a few seconds....... Boom, Video! :)

Okay, now take that same card and put it in my 780 with the fresh Sierra install, loaded the DSDT from Post #1. 

Booted the computer up, put it to sleep, tapped on the keyboard, and wallah!  Video!!!   :thumbsup_anim:

Bios that works:  Wakes From Sleep.zip

Okay. so back to trying to solve the No Video after wake from sleep problem. One card is working with a 790 Sierra Install, the other install was Yosemite on an Optiplex 780 that never had El Capitan on it. 

These Video cards were bought a little over a year apart, but this is basically what I have. Sapphire Radeon HD5450, 1GB, DDR3.

e0lh6s.jpg

Okay, so after going nuts trying different DSDT's and settings in Clover, I wondered, could the cards not be 100 identical?

So I took the Video Card that would have no video after wake fro sleep, and swapped it with the card in the 790 that had video after waking from sleep.

Booted up, put the computer into sleep, then woke it up and.... No Video! Okay, tried it a couple more times, and after waking from sleep, no video.

Okay, so what is different with these cards? I switched over to my Windows 10 partition, and used Gpuz to take a look at the cards.

Here is the card that has video upon what from sleep:

2vlnymq.gif

Shut down, swap cards, reboot. Here is the card that does not have video upon waking from sleep:

25oupmb.gif

Notice any difference? The bios version is different! Hmmm, could it be that simple? 

Okay, so I used ATI Winflash, and pulled off a copy of the bios from the working card. Then swapped cards, rebooted into Windows 10,

saved a copy of the bios from the card that didn't have video after waking from sleep, and now flashed it with the bios from the card that was working.

Okay, now I rebooted into my Sierra partition on my Optiplex 790. Put the computer in sleep mode. Okay, could it really be this easy? Holding my breath now, 

I tapped the space bar on the computer, it started to wake up, and after a view seconds....... Video! :)

Okay, now take that same card and put it in my 780 with the fresh Sierra install, loaded the DSDT from Post #1. 

Booted the computer up, put it to sleep, tapped on the keyboard, and wallah!  Video!!!   :thumbsup_anim:

I wonder know how about ASUS brand, can I use the same bios of sapphire?

after install last version of nvidia web driver on sierra 10.12.3 , i active web driver on clover 
optiplex 755
core 2 quad q9300
4 gb ram
video card : quadro 600

post-1964820-0-59816300-1487512708_thumb.png

New version MaciASL can be ACPI6.1, DSDT-Editor can not do this.

DSDT for Optiplex always edit with DSDT-Editor!

Update:

10.12.4 DP Beta 3 16E163f works

New version MaciASL can be ACPI6.1, DSDT-Editor can not do this.

DSDT for Optiplex always edit with DSDT-Editor!

Update:

10.12.4 DP Beta 3 16E163f works

I can change the layout id, compile and save with MaciASL, and layout id will show 15, and sound works.

But dsdt editor will not even open that same DSDT that i just edited.

Okay, I use the DSDT with layout ID12 in DSDT editor. Change 0C to OF. Hit compile, shows a bunch of errors, click fix errors.

Save as DSDT.aml. Then try to open with DSDT editor, and it will not open?

I never could understand DSDT editing. :(

Change 0C to OF??? Change 0C to 0F (zero F) !!! 

post DSDT !

That was a Typing Error. I am changing 0C to 0F. I know hex code, but I can't type.   :lol:

If I edit with MaciASL it will work, but not open in dsdt editor. 

DSDT.aml_LayoutID12_for_try_with_trial_AppleALC_for_790.zip

Another subject, My Next Project:

I will be getting an Optiplex 990 i-5 Quad Core tomorrow! :)

I believe the 790 and 990 only have small differences, like the 760 and 780.

Optiplex 990 has a different chipset than the Optiplex 790, but came with same selection of CPU's. 990 has higher output power supply, and 990 is raid capable.

I believe it is the same Audio, and internet. Most kexts should be same.

DSDT from 790 should work, or may need small adjusting.

I have seen other reports of success with 990 using 790 clover folder.

To be continued...   :)

If I edit with MaciASL it will work, but not open in dsdt editor.

Then why open it with dsdt editor? This is a quite old software and I'm almost sure it should be avoid by now IMO.

@polyzargone

For the old computers (Optiplex) one does not need MaciASL with ACPI6.1.

I prefer working with DSDT editor, is clearer.

Only for newer hardware I work with MacASL and ACPI6.1.

No longer necessary for Optiplex. Here nothing will change in the direction of ACPI6.1 with Optiplex.

Once edited with MaciASL, then DSDT editor no longer works.

@for all:

Here is the new AppleALC with the new Lilo.kext as a plug-in. Please report!

@polyzargone
For the old computers (Optiplex) one does not need MaciASL with ACPI6.1.
I prefer working with DSDT editor, is clearer.
Only for newer hardware I work with MacASL and ACPI6.1.
No longernecessary for Optiplex. Here nothing will change in the direction of ACPI6.1 with Optiplex.
Once edited with MaciASL, then DSDT editor no longer works.

I agree :).

There's no need to use MaciASL with builtin ACPI 6.1 for Optiplex Series.

But in fact, the MaciASL available at sourceforge comes with the old ACPI 4, 5 and 5.1 built in so unless you really want to use MaciASL with built in ACPI 6.1 (such as the one available from RehabMan), you'll be fine with it :).

dsdt editor is an old Java-based software :o and it lacks cool features like Patched sources repository for example. I see no reason to use it anymore by now.

Just saying :D

Well Check It Out!!!!!   :)

Got my Optiplex 990 today. I made an image of my 790 Hard Drive, and put it on the 990. 

Installed Clover, and deleted the EFI/Clover Folder and copied over my 790 Clover Folder.

Booted the Optiplex 990 up and ..... BOOM!!!!!    :thumbsup_anim:

Everything works! Internet, Bluetooth, Sleep, Wake from sleep. Even Sound with MacPeet's AppleALC.kext works!  :yes:

MacPeet, add another Model to the Title of the Thread. lol

Optiplex (790) (990)   :P

This one : Optiplex 990, i5-2400 Quad-Core 3.1GHZ

ancwuo.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MaLd0n
      ---TUTORIAL---

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=8685

--Original Post--

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=11237

--Bios/UEFI Settings--

*Update bios/uefi to F7+*
      1- Go to M.I.T./Advanced Frequency Settings tab

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) - Profile 1

2- Go to BIOS tab

CSM Support - Disabled

3- Go to Peripherals/Thunderbolt(TM) Configuration tab

Security Level - No Security
      Thunderbolt USB Support - Enabled
      GPIO3 Force Pwr - Enabled

4- Go to Chipset tab

Internal Graphics - Enable

---CLOVER FOLDER---
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
      EFI CLOVER Z390 DESIGNARE.zip

---OPENCORE FOLDER---
      *Use this folder with FULL DSDT PATCHED
      EFI OPENCORE Z390 DESIGNARE.zip

---Extract one Full dump for DSDT edits, post files---

RunMe.app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9wmIfGLe3A

---HARDWARE---

--MOBO

GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Z390-DESIGNARE-Gigabyte-Thunderbolt-Motherboard/dp/B07K8RJZRG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Z390+DESIGNARE&qid=1565492390&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--PROCESSOR

Intel Core i9-9900K
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Intel-i9-9900K-Desktop-Processor-Unlocked/dp/B005404P9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Intel+Core+i9-9900K&qid=1553358099&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

--COOLER

CORSAIR H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-H100i-PLATINUM-Liquid-Cooler/dp/B07JWB5BSN/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=WATER+COOLER+CPU&qid=1565492509&s=gateway&sr=8-4

--MEMORY

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMW32GX4M2C3200C16-Vengeance-PC4-25600-Desktop/dp/B07GTG2T7L/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=memory+ddr4+32&qid=1553358238&s=gateway&sr=8-15

--GPU

MSI RX Vega 64 AIR Boost 8G OC
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/MSI-RX-64-AIR-8G/dp/B07DH7S1X1/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=vega+64+gigabyte&qid=1565492819&s=electronics&sr=1-2

--SSD

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) NVMe M.2 V-NAND
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-EVO-1TB-MZ-V7E1T0BW/dp/B07BN217QG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=s+samsung+970+evo+1tb&qid=1565493002&s=electronics&sr=1-1

--POWER SUPPLY

EVGA Supernova 1000 P2 80+ Platinum, 1000W ECO Mode Fully Modular 
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Supernova-Platinum-Crossfire-220-P2-1000-XR/dp/B00EKJQM5E/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=power+supply+1000w&qid=1565493196&s=gateway&sr=8-3

--WIRELESS

TP-Link Archer T9E
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Archer-T9E-Beamforming-Technology/dp/B00TQEX7AQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=TP-Link+Archer+T9E&qid=1553358397&s=gateway&sr=8-1

--CASE

Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition ATX Open Frame Panoramic Viewing
      -Link
      https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Tempered-Panoramic-Certified-CA-1E7-00M1WN-03/dp/B01N4IGVSC/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=Thermaltake+Core+P5&qid=1565493567&s=gateway&sr=8-2

--DSDT Patches--
      -FIX ACPI ERRORS -FIX OEM SSDTs to AVOID ERRORS AND WARNINGS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA -DMAC -REMOVE PROBLEMATIC AND UNUSED DEVICES -FIX K.P in REBOOT -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS 2015 -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDAS to HDEF -HDEF -REAL TIME CLOCK -ARTC -IRQs -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -CNVW -GMM -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -DTGP -ACQUIRE MUT0 0XFFFF -MUTEX MUT0 0x00 -EXTERNAL REFERENCES -UNKNOWNOBJ -HDMI / HDAU -FULL RENAMED DEVICES ---SCREENSHOTs---

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!
      Thanks to KGP for SSDT Thunderbolt
      Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, Sampath007, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Olarila Facebook Community, Hackintosh Facebook Community and many others!
      We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By fusion71au
      Clover r5051 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5051 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5051-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)

BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip
    • By shinho73
      Hello everyone. I managed to install AMD Sierra V5(10.12.6) on my old AMD A8 7600 PC(Mother Board-A58M-E, GPU- Palit Geforce GT730 DDR3). Everything is working except the GPU. The GT730 DDR3 GF108 is natively supported on Sierra, but for some reason, it is not working. On Clover Config, "Inject Nvidia" is selected, no Nvidia Web, and nv_disable=1. On "About This Mac" it just says " NVIDIA Chip Model 3 MB".
      I have attached config.plist. Can someone look at it please? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

config.plist
    • By Slice
      I successfully installed macOS 10.11.6 and Windows 7 Pro SP1 in UEFI mode on the laptop.
      I know, there are detailed guides here and on osxlatitude.com but I was not agree with them and carefully check and test every step to tune my Mac.

Hardware
      Intel® Core� i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, speedstep works with Clover default settings
      Chipset Intel 7 series, no patches needed
      Video: IntelHD4000 or NVS5200M switchable in BIOS, work in both cases
      LAN; Intel 82579LM, works with IntelMausiEthernet.kext v2.2.1
      Audio: IDT 92HD93BXX, works with VoodooHDA 2.9.0.
      SDHC reader O2Micro; works with native AppleSDHC.kext with Clover Arbitrary properties.
      USB3.0 works natively if not disabled in DSDT
      PS2 keyboard and touchpad works with VoodooPS2.
      WiFi: Dell Intel WiFi was replaced by Dell DW1520, Broadcom BCM943224HMS. DeviceID=4353
      LCD Screen 1366x768
      BIOS A12. Initially was A02. Then I flashed A23 and found it is quite bad. The screen is full of artefacts. Flash A12 and all is OK. Not tested other versions.
      For some reason BIOS can switched from Intel to Nvidia by itself so I have to do my solution working independent on this state.

WiFi
      It is not working OOB although it has DeviceID known to Apple. The reason is WhiteList in the driver.
      I set MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 while the WiFi will work on MacBookAir. I make a patch in Clover.
      As well a patch for channels.
      I deleted a kext Brcm4331 because it has the same DeviceID. Let kext Brcm4360 to work alone.

VideoCards
      In Bios we can set Optimus = Enable/Disable
      If Enable then we have two videocards Intel first and Nvidia second. In this case additional SSDT-3.aml will switch off Nvidia.
      If Disable then we have only Nvidia card. It will work if Board-ID taken from iMac13,2.
      But here there is contradiction with WiFi with required Board-ID from MacBookAir.
      So I take MacModel as MacBookPro10,1 which is most close by CPU IvyBridge.
      Set BoardID like iMac13,2 to make Nvidia working.
      Patch BoardID in Brcm4360 to make WiFi working.
      Now I have
      Inject->
      ->Intel=YES
      ->Nvidia=YES
      and SSDT-3.aml in ACPI\patched folder. This SSDT will switch off Nvidia if Intel card ON.
      For Intel graphics there is a patch against 8 apples at start.
      This Nvidia 5200 is Fermi and works in ElCapitan.

Brightness
      No special kexts.
      The brightness controlled by keys F1,F2 and slider in Control Panel in both case Intel or Nvidia. Details here  #72 

DSDT and SSDT
      This is very long story and finally I have working sleep in both cases Intel or Nvidia.

Sensors
      I use my HWSensors3 with FakeSMC 3.5.2.
      I got monitoring:
      CPU temperature
      GPU temperature
      GPU main frequency
      GPU shader frequency
      Battery state % full, time to charged or time to empty.
      Battery voltage dinamically.
      Battery amperage dynamically. I can see it changes on heavy games.
      HDD temperature.

Audio
      I like VoodooHDA and have no problems with it.
      The sound is clear, loud, and switchable between internal speaker and headphone.
      Mic is working.

Bluetooth
      Just tested with BTFirmwareUpdate.kext and it works in 10.11.6. I not needed it so switched off by wireless switch at right side.
      For 10.13.6 there is other kext BRCMInjector.

Keyboard, Touchpad and Touchstick
      Post #14
      I made my fork of the VoodooPS2 driver, take here sources and release version
      https://github.com/SergeySlice/VoodooPS2-for-ALPS

My config, ACPI files and kexts are in attachment.
      EFI.7z

EDITED:
      Better DSDT in the post #6.
      Sleep working even when AC inserted.

EDITED 06.12.2018
      Now I have HighSierra and this is my EFI folder. Note, HighSierra is possible only with Intel graphics (Optimus is enabled in BIOS)

Welcome to discussion!
      EFI-E6430.7z
      BRCMInjector.kext.zip