InsanelyMac Forum
abhikbhatia

macOS Sierra USB boots to white screen

I post in this section cause I didnt see a dedicated Sierra section. Please move if it is the wrong section.

Any idea why when I boot into the USB it's a white screen with a spinning wheel and when I click it disappears forcing me to restart my PC? I put in the required files onto the USB (FakeSMC, BOOTx64, CLOVERx64, my internet kext).

The method I used was the createinstallmedia

Advertisement

Sorry forgot to mention that. My boot flags are kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=1 nv_disable=1 and -v

kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=1 are obsolete, not necessary anymore.

I followed all of the comment above, just put 10.12 folder on the clover kexts,, still got kernel panic, even it loads the install it stuck in the spinning wheel.

I post in this section cause I didnt see a dedicated Sierra section. Please move if it is the wrong section.

Any idea why when I boot into the USB it's a white screen with a spinning wheel and when I click it disappears forcing me to restart my PC? I put in the required files onto the USB (FakeSMC, BOOTx64, CLOVERx64, my internet kext).

This method will not work on a hackintosh that's why.  When building a bootable USB stick for an install, there are other files that need to be transferred over that the normal "createinstallmedia" method does not do. 

try this one , working perfect :http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/471-clover-v23k-special-edition-v3/

This method will not work on a hackintosh that's why.  When building a bootable USB stick for an install, there are other files that need to be transferred over that the normal "createinstallmedia" method does not do. 

I beg to be different sir. I did my macOS Sierra Public Beta createinstallmedia method. I use Slice FakeSMC & the latest Clove 3625 bootloader.  By using CreatInstallMedia method, the installation is a 2 step process. The first is preparation of disk about 5-7 minutes, then it restarted, you must select USB installer again, make sure it boot all the way through and real installation begins will be about 16-18 minutes. After it is done, it restarted, still select USB installer but select boot from newly installed macOS Sierra. I also booted into white screen first then realized that it is a 2 step processes. In my case even after successfully installed the Sierra, I still booted to white screen. I decided to unplug SATA connection to El Capitan and Windows 10, that was when I successfully installed macOS Sierra. 

my Specs are:

MB Asrock Z97 EXtreme6

CPU: Xeon E-1225 V3

MEM: XMP G. Skill 32 GB (  x 8GB)

Graphic Card: Gefore GTX 960 4GB OC by Gigabyte

Hi. Thank you mendietinha, it worked for me the Fakesmc slice.

Thank you abhikbhatia for the github link.

Sorry calibre but tried Koziek and did not work for me and slice did.

Sierra is installed, booting and up and running.

Hunky dory

darman

its fakesmc. got the same problem.

download latest clover and use slice fakesmc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03tukdubdh90zrd/Clover_v2.3k_r3561.zip?dl=0

Slice fakesmc would be this correct? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-slice

i don't see any problem with kozlek's FakeSMC