fantomas

Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,047 posts in this topic

Advertisement

I get a black screen now with the updated driver on 10.12.2.  After about 1 minute the black screen goes away and OSX finishes its loading fill bar and login screen shows up.  Not sure whats going on.  Definitly related to nvidia web driver.  If I disable osx loads up fine without any black screen for a minute.  

New driver... build 16C68  -  Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.25f02

iBook, Instrument issues still not fixed. :-(

any body can help me? 

i'm using gt 630 and i try using web driver for 10.12.2 but my display blakc and like broken glass my display color. if i using os x default driver my vga memory only read 1GB.

Update on my multi-monitor issues

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.25f02   I noticed this new one today.  I decided to try it, went from being able to use 2 displays to only 1

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.25f01   I rolled back to this version and restored the ability to use at least two displays.   Still not able to use 3 like before.

One interesting note, is the Nvidia utility does not show the 367.15.10.25f02 version as being available.

Little bit off topic, but I wrote an email to nvidia, that I would like a christmas present: A driver for Pascal for Sierra

The address I wrote to is info@nvidia.com

:rofl:

Edit: It's just ONE file ( nvdagp100halweb.kext ) that would be required.

+ kernel additions + display settings + API refinements + Power Management + Firmware update + everything else that comes with a completely unknown architecture..

Seriously, ask yourself how well the one file idea is working out for the 970 in your sig.

hehe, i think pascal should not be THAT unknown, at least for nvidia, everything else is already there. at least I didn't have to make a firmware update to use a pascal card, YMMV.

And do you think that power management is really that complicated when they have already a perfectly working driver for win, linux, freebsd and whatnot?

But to give you one point about your post, yes, cuda should be upgraded aswell for a good working system.

BTW, the "+ kernel addition" I am talking about is called a .kext (=kernel extension) file, but hey, after all it's just a wish which i deposited.

No joking there is nothing there. The maxwell support is piggy backed on whats there from kepler and its not really even enough for 10.12 as it is. My 970 replaced a 770 and I can see directly on how its effected. You are thinking now 2 generations later it will be just a hal driver that adds support and its far more complicated than that.

why should Nvidia put much money (developer income) in dev of Gpu drivers of non existing nvidia Mac gpus if apple dont buy any pascal gpu or very less other nvidia gpus compared to the other market?

They will do nothing for "us" - hackintosh users. So we can only pray that apple will put more and newer nvidia gpus in their macs.

But i think the future for that isnt good - it can get even more bad (gpu support for nvidia > kepler) than now.

More off topic stuff, but as there is not happening very much right now at the "nvidia web driver update" front:

It would be very important for nvidia to keep the cuda market going strong. Lots of good programmers use a mac, if there would be a better support I can imaging a huge market for "external compute accelerators", PCIe to usbC connected boxes, where you can do deep learning and neural network stuff and easily connect VR gear.

OK, I admid this is just dreaming and is better be done with linux or windows. Maybe apple has lost it's innovative and creative forefront reputation after all?? :angel_not:

OK, I admid this is just dreaming and is better be done with linux or windows. Maybe apple has lost it's innovative and creative forefront reputation after all?? :angel_not:

Creative people and professionals just want a stable system that allows them to do what they need to do. Apple's annual "lets see what we can break this time" system updates aren't providing this. Or their increasingly "courageous" approach to hardware.

And the old argument of "well you don't have to upgrade" doesn't fly when you find out that in order to update or run program X that yes you do in fact have to upgrade.

For all that bitching, I'll still use macOS over Windows but it wasn't always this hard. I'm just glad I'm techy enough to be able to deal with it.

updated to new nvidia drivers on 970 on 10.12.2 and takes a good minute of black screen before login window shows. if I nv_disable the drivers it loads right away, so its something with the nvidia web driver. Any idea how to get logs of what is going on with nvidia web driver?

macOS 10.12.1 I have problem with NVIDIA Quadro 2000 Web-driver 

I did every thing right with the EDID but the driver still give me this problem that I can't explain in the attached pic 

post-1760055-0-10799400-1482766030_thumb.png

Yes and yes to 16D I think it is. The only "side effect" seems to a delay in the loading screen when it goes black it stays black longer but all works fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Try this NVWEB injector for 10.12.2/10.12.3

drop in EFI

you dont need to change anything.

GTX_Injector NVWEB.kext.zip

I thing VGA-Compatible Controller need to change Display Controller

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By chris1111
      Here my theme of OC 

### Dark-Low

Dark-Low.zip

### Dark-Top

Dark-Top.zip

### Dark-GreenLight

Dark-Green-Light.zip

### Light-Low

Light-Low.zip

### Light-Top

Light-Top.zip

### OC-Grey

OC-Grey.zip

### OC-Blue

OC-Blue.zip

### OC-White

OC-White.zip

### OC-Blues

OC-Blues.zip

### Dark-Badge

Dark Badge.zip

### OC-Gold

OC-Gold.zip

### OC-MacPro

OC-MacPro.zip

### Light-Slim

Light-Slim.zip
    • By MaLd0n
      1 -Create a USB bootable

Create your usb installer, use this tool and download Catalina or Big Sur from Apple servers

Catalina
      installScript_allfullapp.zip

Big Sur
      installScript_1016fullapp.zip

Credits: crazybirdy

Copy Catalina / Big Sur installer to Applications folder, open terminal and run

Catalina

Big Sur

If you want check one step by step, check here

-Opencore Vanilla Tutorial
      https://tinyurl.com/ycvcnp8h

2- EFI folder USB installation

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition in your USB STICK
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

3- EFI folder SSD

-EFI OpenCore Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD 
      https://tinyurl.com/ybwr9kq3

-EFI Clover Folder Desktop 10th Intel Processors
      Paste this EFI folder in EFI partition SSD
      https://tinyurl.com/yxsw7d3t

4- Start Fine Tune

Run this app and post full dump here for full ACPI solution

RunMe.app
      https://tinyurl.com/y9562hz7

If you like a SSDT way, here we go
      SSDT-OLARILA.aml.zip

5- USB Solution

Use this kext with correct smbios, enable XHCI port limit patch
      USBZ490UD.iMac19,1.zip
      USBZ490UD.iMac20,1.zip
      USBZ490UD.iMacPro1,1.zip

and follow this tutorial for remap USB ports

--DSDT PATCHES--

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS -FIX ACPI ERRORS -REMOVE UNUSED SCOPES / DEVICES -HIGH PRECISION EVENT TIMER -SATA SERIE ID -DMAC -REMOVE LINES, PROBLEMATIC and UNUSED -FIX K.P in REBOOT -NVRAM -REAL TIME CLOCK -SLPB -DARWIN / WINDOWS -XHCI -PLUGIN TYPE -HDEF -ARTC -IPIC -TIMR -SBUS -BUS1 -MCHC -ALS0 -SHUTDOWN -UAR1 -LAN -FWHD -USBX -PMCR -PPMC -XSPI -kUSBCompanionIndex -io-device-location -IMEI -EC -PNLF -ARPT -GFX0 -NVME -ACPI-WAKE-GPE -DTGP -HDMI / HDAU  
      --SCREENSHOTS--

-If you want to buy me a beer - Donations with PayPal
      https://tinyurl.com/r2bvzm7

Big Thanks to XLR and your Badass Motherboard, Ultrafast CPU, Coolest Heatsink, Huge Graphics Card, Tonnes of RAM,
      Gigantic Hard Drive, Lightspeed Disk Burner, Professional Sound Card, Massive LCD Display.

-Credits and thanks to the old and new people in the community who developed patches, kexts and bootloaders!

Slice, Kabyl, usr-sse2, jadran, Blackosx, dmazar, STLVNUB, pcj, apianti, JrCs, pene, FrodoKenny, skoczy, ycr.ru, Oscar09, xsmile, SoThOr, RehabMan, Download-Fritz, Zenit432, cecekpawon, Intel, Apple, Oracle, Chameleon Team, crazybirdy, Mieze, Mirone, Oldnapalm, netkas, Elconiglio, artut-pt, ErmaC, Pavo, Toleda, Master Chief and family, bcc9, The King, PMheart, Sherlocks, Micky1979, vit9696, vandroiy2013, Voodoo Team, Pike R. Alpha, lvs1974, Austere.J, CVad, headkaze, onemanosx, erroruser, Jenny David, Sampath007, Facebook Hackintosh community, Facebook Olarila community, SchmockLord, daliansky and many, many, many others!

We're all here to have fun and learn from each other!
    • By LIMITANT
      Restarted 3 times 
      update went Fine and smooth with clover r5119

• By jrbros1
      Hi there,

So I have my Windows computer, used a USB with Clover setup to boot into Mojave OS that I installed on the SD card in the computer. The world was a great place and all was well!

Then I did the steps to partition the pc system to now include the additional drive that I would put Clover on. Here's where I messed up: Instead of directly copying over the full Clover folder into the EFI folder of the new drive (which just had the Boot & Microsoft folders in it), I replaced the EFI's boot folder with Clover's boot folder. So the EFI folder now contains a Microsoft folder, a Clover folder, and Clover's Boot folder only.

Now, I only can access the Clover boot up menu, the macOS, but no Windows at all. Even if I go into BIOS and pick Windows Boot Manager or Partition 1 for the start up, I get a black screen for both. I can still access the macOS as well as Shell, but I don't know what that does other than displaying all of the yellow text fly by..

Is there a kind soul out there that can help me get Windows back to boot? Keep in mind I'm a bit of a newbie here so laying out the common-sense steps would be helpful!

Thank you in advance!
    • By EmriBG
      Hello everyone,
      I found a guide on how to install Catalina on Lenovo M920q, everything works well but the installation is freezing up.
      The USB bootable drive is a recovery one with internet based installation. The internet is working well on the pre-installation setup (I tested it, when you can use the utilities).
      The installation is freezing whether I am installing the macOS or not.
      I've attached my EFI partition so you can check if there's anything to add.
      Will realy appreciate any kind of help (quit noob to the whole thing).
      Thanks in advance and stay safe!

NOTE: I did followed up the troubleshooting guide of OpenCore installation forum and the answer was to add the  NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to the kexts and configure it on the .plist file.
      This is the original EFI folder: EFI.zip
      Thats the one with the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext added: EFI.zip