fantomas

Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE Sept 27, 2019)

1,064 posts in this topic

I got black screen too.

After install latest CUDA driver & change (Clover) ProductName to iMac14,2, the screen is back.

Hope it helps.

I think it's the same bug as I posted before:

Post#3875 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-23svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/page-194

There is some bug of X99 chip of which NVRAM can not load Nvidia Web Driver at 10.12GM/10.12.1/10.12.2beta

Advertisement

I just installed Sierra 10.12.1 and Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.15f03 --> build 16B2657 but the system/screen keeps crashing. The system is using a EVGA GTX 970 and MSI X99-A SLI PLUS.

Is there a way to install older versions of the web driver? I get an error about how the older drivers cannot be installed when i try to run them.

It works without crashing when using the OS X native driver. But the native driver doesn't allow me to set the resolution to 2560x1280, and the second monitor has no display signal. Also the video output keeps flickering.

What should I do? Any kext that can solve the nvidia web driver problem?

If your Smbios= MacPro6,1 you need to use http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/424-agdpfix/ before switching to Mac Pro 6.1

How to make Sierra load Nvidia web driver? My bootloader is Enoch and with nvda_drv=1 flags, but still no go ..

How to make Sierra load Nvidia web driver? My bootloader is Enoch and with nvda_drv=1 flags, but still no go ..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-23svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries/page-194?do=findComment&comment=2283157

Hi everyone,

Like many other users I face the problem that I can't set  nva_drv = 1 and in Nvidia panel I alway see "OSX driver".

First of all two words about my configuration:

mother board MSI z170A gaming m7

msi gtx 970

Mac os sierra final 10.12.1

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.15f03

After reading tons of threads with no luck, I found your post and I would like to try the solution indicated in your link, but I have some questions (sorry but I'm quiet newbie in this world):

- Got it fixed using the nvram ... dlib (in /Extra/modules)

Where can I find the NVRram... dlib? and is /Extra/modules in Sierra? because I didn't find such directory in filesystem.

- NvramFile.kext (in /L/E)

Same question for NVramFile.kext. Where can I find this file? and where is /L/E?

no problem for the terminal command:).

Thank you

post-1259417-0-61418700-1478793380_thumb.png

post-1259417-0-68290300-1478793381_thumb.png

post-1259417-0-98860800-1478793382_thumb.png

Hi everyone,

Like many other users I face the problem that I can't set  nva_drv = 1 and in Nvidia panel I alway see "OSX driver".

First of all two words about my configuration:

mother board MSI z170A gaming m7

msi gtx 970

Mac os sierra final 10.12.1

Nvidia Web Driver - 367.15.10.15f03

After reading tons of threads with no luck, I found your post and I would like to try the solution indicated in your link, but I have some questions (sorry but I'm quiet newbie in this world):

- Got it fixed using the nvram ... dlib (in /Extra/modules)

Where can I find the NVRram... dlib? and is /Extra/modules in Sierra? because I didn't find such directory in filesystem.

- NvramFile.kext (in /L/E)

Same question for NVramFile.kext. Where can I find this file? and where is /L/E?

no problem for the terminal command:).

Thank you

You will get the 2 needed files DL link from the Link , which was some post before linked. (named  FileNVRAM_El_Capitan for chameleon.zip )

Copy the  FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules , which is the folder for Chameleon/Enoch .Folder /Extra exist if you use Chameleon. If the subfolder modules not exist,

you must create it before you can copy the .dylib into it.

Install  NvramFile.kext (in /Library/Extensions). Be sure to set right owner in terminal (sudo chown -R root:wheel ....) or better  use an kext install util for that - and /L/E not! /S/L/E.

The .kext must exist in all OS X Partions you use. If you have more than one OS X Version on HD , or within HDs partition or on more than one HD you have to install the .kext also

in all other partitions. It is not enough for example if you have two Partitions, one (main) running El Captain and second Partition Sierra. Your sierra Partition /L/E needs the kext (also).

I am unsure about the chameleon installs  on different HDs partitions. If you have only one /Extra on the main Partition with all subfolders, .plist etc. it should be enough, but all 

OS versions you try to boot will use the same chameleon config. plist and /Extra content.

After copy and install the two files be sure that the Kextcache/prelinked kernel got updated (because of the new .kext). Then, you must reboot.

Nothing special happens then, util you use the terminal.

sudo  nvram nvda_drv=1

After that command , if all worked, the .kext created an nvram.....plist. That .plist will be read and used next reboot and forever, until you change nvram by sudo nvram .... again.

So that are the steps:  copy install 2 files . REBOOT. sudo ... REBOOT.

??? iBooks working ok

Indeed man, Ibooks and Instruments.app not working, giving transparent screen. It a signature problem in Nvidia metal drivers, they know about it, let's keep on pushing them via the support system so that they ship the fix in the next update.

ok, let's take them one by one.

I'm using a dual-monitor setup. One monitor connected via DVI, the other one via HDMI. I will try to disconnect one monitor and see if that makes any difference. I don't have DP on either monitor.

I'm using iMac 14,2 system definition. And by patching AGDP.kext you mean setting those devices to none? Does that even make any difference? I did that in El Capitan. But...I don't think that actually made any difference whatsoever.

How do I rename to GFX1? Is there a way to do it from Clover (kexts to patch section)? That would be really useful.

UDPATE:

Well Hooray! It does boot with a single monitor (I kept the DVI one).

Now, how do I get it to work with both monitors? :D

UPDATE 2:

Well, that's fixed as well. By moving the DVI display to, well, the other DVI port. :)) Are you kidding me? THAT fixed it?

Anyway, thanks a lot for the tips and fast reply.

Same for me, GTX 960 Gainward

If i boot with screen on HDMI port, it works, but as soon as i plug my 2nd monitor to the DVI port, i get a kernel panic :(

Finally this was latest solution for me at least

Hi LAbyOne.I noticed you had the Nvidia 740 and didn't use any Nvidia drivers with Sierra. Did you still have video acceleration?

I have a H61M-S motherboard, i5 CPU and a Nvidia 740 I'm about to install Sierra on.

Hi LAbyOne.I noticed you had the Nvidia 740 and didn't use any Nvidia drivers with Sierra. Did you still have video acceleration?

I have a H61M-S motherboard, i5 CPU and a Nvidia 740 I'm about to install Sierra on.

Sierra 12.2 beta 4 (the latest) has these Nvidia drivers "mac" in it.    There is one for 740m but its labeled "win" so not sure it applies, but its there. 

post-1753549-0-07186500-1480534429_thumb.png

The Win version.

post-1753549-0-22606700-1480534804_thumb.png

I have error in iBook and Instrument:

iBooks[756:5338] Error loading /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb:  dlopen(/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb, 265): no suitable image found.  Did find:

/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb: code signature in (/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceMTLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/GeForceMTLDriverWeb) not valid for use in process using Library Validation: mapping process is a platform binary, but mapped file is not

Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.

Unable to create basic Accelerated OpenGL renderer.

Core Image is now using the software OpenGL renderer. This will be slow.

2016-12-04 22:38:45.337 iBooks[756:a103] [MZBookKeeperController.m:491] Cloudsync Error {(null)}

What's wrong?

My VGA is GTX950 and I just installed last driver version: f03

I'm on Sierra 10.12.1

I had this issue on driver version: f01 too

when I try to open books in iBooks, iBook's window is like a glass (Transparent)

EDIT -------------------------------------------------------

Seems like, It's a known bug:

https://origin-discussions-us.apple.com/thread/7683640?start=0&tstart=0

and still not fixed. shame on NVIDIA

Positive, everything works as expected.

here

PS

sorry for delay, just noticed :(

Positive, everything works as expected.

here

PS

sorry for delay, just noticed :(

OK, great thank you.

Sierra 12.2 beta 4 (the latest) has these Nvidia drivers "mac" in it.    There is one for 740m but its labeled "win" so not sure it applies, but its there. 

attachicon.gifNvidia mac drivers.png

The Win version.

attachicon.gifNvidia 740m win.png

Great, thanks a bunch!