fantomas1

Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE May 15, 2019)

1,060 posts in this topic

I used this card also in Windows and I have no issue , this is the second mackintosh I do with this card and I'm sure I have this problem also with the older installation (some try in an old HD) , but after few days of use I don't have see this problem anymore ... after I do the second installation (now in the SSD) I see this problem reappearing , and I have wait a month but the problem persist and in some new program I hate this glitch 

For example in iBooks I have all the "bar" infected , but in safari I have only the apple logo (in the left upper corner in the menu bar) and all the icon of the browser , like "download" "next page" etc etc

Advertisement

I used this card also in Windows and I have no issue , this is the second mackintosh I do with this card and I'm sure I have this problem also with the older installation (some try in an old HD) , but after few days of use I don't have see this problem anymore ... after I do the second installation (now in the SSD) I see this problem reappearing , and I have wait a month but the problem persist and in some new program I hate this glitch 

For example in iBooks I have all the "bar" infected , but in safari I have only the apple logo (in the left upper corner in the menu bar) and all the icon of the browser , like "download" "next page" etc etc

https://github.com/mologie/NVWebDriverLibValFix

Not so long to wait, update b4 it's too late ;)

New Nvidia WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.6 (16G29) is available Here.

Cant Your laptop use hd 3000? Only work ndivia?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

There are already METAL benchmark tools available!

One big + good : GFXBench Metal (also OpenGL version available): https://gfxbench.com/benchmark.jsp   Both real good (games realted) and benches deep and long (takes a few minutes).
for me much better than the Unique (heaven,...) benches. Has also an big database to compare your results to others. The only bad: huge download compared to other, smaller benches.

Anyhow I was trying also to bench nvidia GPU very recently... but unfortunately all the benchmark tools I found were based on OpenGL and OpenCL entirely. BUT! Then I come across this list here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/list-of-mac-metal-games.2045606/

Which is supposed to be all metal games. Looks good to me! But unfortunately dont have any time yet to properly check any of them out myself. So it would be great (if any you guys want to try them out / already familiar with some games on this list?)...

THen we can find out properly which of these games are the best ones for benchmarking metal. And to re-test the situation for future NVIDIA webdriver updates. Maybe we can refine this list with our own notes and experiences. Or simply just re-order this list from best --> worst. [Purely in terms of just benchmarking for metal API performance, and find the ones that a most *easy* / fast to benchmark.]   :)

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup_anim:

One question:

I am still on 10.12.4, do I have to update to 10.12.6 to use the recent nvidia web driver?

Yes you do, each web driver that nVidia publishes is for a specific macOS build so if you want to have the latest web driver you'll need to have the latest macOS update installed.

for 16G29 build (10.12.6) you'll need WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01

This is a god send, thank you so much!

One question: will that kext work with injection, i.e. can it reside in /EFI/clover/kexts/... ? Would be great if that would work - because then, SIP could be fully enabled. (Of course only if all other hack specific / unsigned kexts can be injected as well - which is possible at last with my config)

I don't understand. With my GTX1080 HDMI is working with 4K @60Hz. But Sound is still broken with new Webdriver. (DisplayPort & HDMI)

Hi everyone.

HDMI is working 4k@60Hz without any patches?

I read that MacOS does not recognize HDMI 2.0. Then in El Cap there was a patch that made it work, but it was not working on Sierra. Was this issue solved?

I didn't find anything about this getting solved, only about people getting Club3d adapters, which in Brazil are insanely expensive. 

I have a 4K TV as monitor, it doesn't have DisplayPort.  

Hi guys,

turns out everything works fine here with webdrivers, 1050ti and sierra 10.12.6.  The only problem left: The system profiler only shows 256MB vram. luxmark otherwise states 2048MB, which is correct. 

Does the device now really use 2GB and those 256MB is just a cosmetic problem?

My 1080 Ti is working with 10.12.6, but HDMI audio isn't working, unfortunately. I've run the toleda script and it says it is enabled, but it still doesn't work. Used to work fine on my old 980 ti.

Using a DisplayPort -> HDMI adapter on the 3rd port of the card I can get HDMI audio working, but I lose 4k resolution (forces 1080p). Very odd. So my choices are 4k or audio. Can't have both.

Hi guys,

turns out everything works fine here with webdrivers, 1050ti and sierra 10.12.6.  The only problem left: The system profiler only shows 256MB vram. luxmark otherwise states 2048MB, which is correct. 

Does the device now really use 2GB and those 256MB is just a cosmetic problem?

InjectNvidia=False should fix the cosmetic VRAM number for you

Hi everyone.

HDMI is working 4k@60Hz without any patches?

I read that MacOS does not recognize HDMI 2.0. Then in El Cap there was a patch that made it work, but it was not working on Sierra. Was this issue solved?

I didn't find anything about this getting solved, only about people getting Club3d adapters, which in Brazil are insanely expensive. 

I have a 4K TV as monitor, it doesn't have DisplayPort.  

4K @ 60Hz on HDMI does not work. There is a patch on github created by floris but I haven't got it to work as well.

If you use Club3D DP to HDMI adapter, you get black screen on bootup issue. So even that is useless.

Thank you, no, doesn't fix it, but also doesn't matter if it is cosmetic :)

I want to fix vram cosmetic issue for pascal.

What is clover version you get 256mb?

Can you upload clover log? 256mb log and r4173 clover log.

Thanks in advance

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

4K @ 60Hz on HDMI does not work. There is a patch on github created by floris but I haven't got it to work as well.

If you use Club3D DP to HDMI adapter, you get black screen on bootup issue. So even that is useless.

Thats not correct. Here with GTX 1080 and also GTX 1080ti 4k@60hz is working fine. (Sound is only working with DisplayPort, but still with using 4K @ 60hz)

Thats not correct. Here with GTX 1080 and also GTX 1080ti 4k@60hz is working fine. (Sound is only working with DisplayPort, but still with using 4K @ 60hz)

+1

I'm using a 1080Ti to drive 2x 4k@60hz via DP. 

Hi !

I have a GT 705, and as some other users, I'm unable to install Sierra with this card (hangs on login screen). Anyone knows if this is currently supported with the new drivers ?

Can I make some trick to make it work ?

Are there changeset logs of which cards are included in each different web driver release ?

Any plans to include this card ?

Thanks in advance !!!!!

+1

I'm using a 1080Ti to drive 2x 4k@60hz via DP. 

LMAO. Ofcourse it works via DP.

4K@60 Hz is not working on HDMI. Check again. Max you can get is up to 30 Hz.

LMAO. Ofcourse it works via DP.

4K@60 Hz is not working on HDMI. Check again. Max you can get is up to 30 Hz.

That's just incorrect.

Why shouldn't 60 Hz work via HDMI?

HDMI >= 2.0 can drive 2160p@60 just fine. 

As far as I know, it should even work via DVI on cards beginning GTX9xxx, altough not officially supported.