fantomas1

Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE May 15, 2019)

1,060 posts in this topic

Advertisement

Working great here, no difference noticed

Dual monitors work on boot for Pascal cards now!  Woohoo!!!

Still not working without injection here :(

Same here. Tried these following

NVIDIA Geforce 8600GT 512MB

MacPro6,1

nvda_drv=1

NvidiaWeb=1

Lilu+nvidiagraphicsfixup+agdpfixv1.3 and I get a black screen or restart with clover 4070

and I get kernel panic 'iopci' when I go for NvidiaInject

Something changed on 10.12.5, apparently now you'll need to emulate a newer Mac model to get video output with a 9xx or newer Nvidia GPU. I tried my usual MacbookPro8 & iMac12 (best for my CPU) but it just boots to a black screen, though if you login remotely it works fine (except the video output, of course). The only "old" model I can use now is MacPro5 though it requires a bit more work (block the AppleTyMCEDriver to avoid KP and edit the CPU profile to get proper PM).

Why don't you just go with 6.1 with the following patch

<string>DSDT.aml</string>
   <key>Patches</key>
   <array>
    <dict>
     <key>Comment</key>
     <string>GFX0 [to] GFX2</string>
     <key>Disabled</key>
     <false/>
     <key>Find</key>
     <data>
     R0ZYMA==
     </data>
     <key>Replace</key>
     <data>
     R0ZYMg==
     </data>
    </dict>
    <dict>
     <key>Comment</key>
     <string>PEGP [to] GFX1</string>
     <key>Disabled</key>
     <false/>
     <key>Find</key>
     <data>
     UEVHUA==
     </data>
     <key>Replace</key>
     <data>
     R0ZYMQ==
     </data>
    </dict>
   </array>

Since the first days of Sierra, no mumbo jumbo magics.. works like a charm.

The latest web drivers for OSX Sierra 10.12.5 seems to have some problems.

Web Drivers OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15f01)

- Apple iBook Author renders blank white pages when opening templates (does not do same with default OSX Driver)
- Itunes 12.6.1.25 will not display the Visualizer (does not do the same with default OSX Driver)

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I had the same issue with the web drivers for Sierra 10.12.3 with iBook Author, just renders blank white pages.

Other than that everything else works 100%.

The latest web drivers for OSX Sierra 10.12.5 seems to have some problems.

Web Drivers OSX Sierra 10.12.5 (378.05.05.15f01)

- Apple iBook Author renders blank white pages when opening templates (does not do same with default OSX Driver)

- Itunes 12.6.1.25 will not display the Visualizer (does not do the same with default OSX Driver)

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

I had the same issue with the web drivers for Sierra 10.12.3 with iBook Author, just renders blank white pages.

Other than that everything else works 100%.

Hmm... New Itunes 12.6.1.27: visualizer is fixed.

No problems here with GTX970 and latest Nvidiawebdrivers and latest Clover, But I use MacPro5,1 and no kernelflags.

I had some problems in the past that where all due to nvram.plist errors.

Perhaps this experience helps somebody

;)

No problems here with GTX970 and latest Nvidiawebdrivers 

I had some problems in the past that where all due to nvram.plist errors.

:thumbsup_anim: 

Cheers all! Launched!

Yes all due to nvram.plist errors.

Thank you   @ROBASEFR

But I put a system from scratch on a blank disk, the error came from a nearby drive.

:thumbsup_anim: 

Cheers all! Launched!

Yes all due to nvram.plist errors.

Thank you   @ROBASEFR

But I put a system from scratch on a blank disk, the error came from a nearby drive.

Step by step NVRAM plist tutorial plz.

It seems to be the Nvidia Web driver are a little buggy at the moment. HDMI/Displayport Audio is working only on some systems, on others there is no go. Then the OpenCL Part seems to be buggy too. Luxmark 3.1 with complex scene is giving me around 50 point (GTX1080) normally it should be about 3000. ^^

Step by step NVRAM plist tutorial plz.

I'm sorry, but I don't use Clover: I have a server. There is no identical systems in nature-all individually.

You need to understand your computer-that he needed.

I'm all work through (smbios end kext).

I don't understand. With my GTX1080 HDMI is working with 4K @60Hz. But Sound is still broken with new Webdriver. (DisplayPort & HDMI)

I know it's very early, but is there a way to make the latest Web Driver work in High Sierra?

Most likely not based on history (new kernel, windowserver, etc). and I can confirm that VR won't work under 10.12.5 using a 1080 & the HTC Vive with the current web drivers. Looks like direct rendering is a High Sierra feature and indirect rendering is not working at this time. :-(

hi guys.

with the 10.12.5 and Nvidia web driver for pascal, are compute Geekbench 4.1 benchmark working for you?

I mean OpenCL, cud and metal benchmark. in both of my Hackintosh, they are not working.

what about you?