fantomas1

Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE May 15, 2019)

1,060 posts in this topic

Advertisement

@polyzargone what symptom does your card show when booting 10.12 ? The GT 730 is a mess judging on all the case I have seen. It seems you must use WebDrivers to enable QE/CI, but some handful OEMs need to have InjectNvidia=True in order to get it working with WebDrivers ( Asus, Zotac so far ) while some doesn't need it at all ( Gigabyte ). I think the problem is in the ROM of the card. Also do you experience random black screen flickering on your GT730 with recent El Capitan WebDrivers ?

@polyzargone what symptom does your card show when booting 10.12 ? The GT 730 is a mess judging on all the case I have seen. It seems you must use WebDrivers to enable QE/CI, but some handful OEMs need to have InjectNvidia=True in order to get it working with WebDrivers ( Asus, Zotac so far ) while some doesn't need it at all ( Gigabyte ). I think the problem is in the ROM of the card.

I don't have to use webdrivers at all when booting 10.12. I can boot with Sierra's stock kexts and I do have full QE/CI doing so and it's working pretty well. I don't need Inject NVIDIA = true either and never had to BTW, whether it's El Capitan or Yosemite. Actually, if I set it to true, macOS won't boot.

But I agree that it's probably the ROM of those cards that makes a lot of difference depending of the manufacturers of the GT 730/740 Series. Mine comes from Gainward and I maybe have better performance and/or better support from OS X by flashing it with one from Gigabyte for instance.

Also do you experience random black screen flickering on your GT730 with recent El Capitan WebDrivers ?

Indeed. But not on the whole GUI, just on top menu bar. Sometimes, a black square appears or some extra menus like the Creative Cloud one from Adobe displays with a lot of artifacts. Seems like they're less frequent if not absent on Sierra though.

I'm not really sure it's specific to the 730 since I've also experienced the black square even on my GTX 650 Ti (which is a "true" Kepler and works OOB) when using webdrivers :unsure:.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but new CUDA driver is here!!!

8.0.46 got it via pref plane or from here http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/cuda_8_0/cudadriver_8.0.46_macos.dmg

CUDA-Z works now

in Geekbench 4.0.1 selecting CUDA is possible, but it doesn't work for me...

In size it's just about 24MB compared to 45MB from the 7.5.30 version.

EDIT: Just noticed cuda-z version (now) running is 0.10.251, 0.11.259SVN is not working.

@phi: It has been mentioned before. But i didnt know that cpu-z works now.

@all: I did have a chat with the nvidia support. I did ask them for confirmation if there will be a web driver for pascal gpus with a sierra os. I got the answer that the can neither confirm nor deny if there will be a driver in the future :P OH MY GOD. They should tell us at least if there will be a driver in future.... i dont need a release date :/

Hi guys,

GTX 760 worked well with native apple driver till today. After reboot I can't start my Hack without nv_disable=1.

I've tried web drivers, clearing nvram, safe mode, single mode, no cache and so on but with no luck.

Somebody know how to handle this?

Asus b150 gaming aura, I5-6600

Has anyone had success with this driver and having both a Maxwell and a Pascal card? I'd like to use the Maxwell card in macOS and the Pascal card in Windows.

I'd say wait a bit more. Maybe too early to assume that NVIDIA does not support Pascal on OS X. Am waiting (and crossing fingers) as well.

To early. Nvidia needs to do a lot of work to get the 10 series going still.

This most likely less to do directly with Pascal support and more to do with winning back Apple business. Apple is pushing its own standards of OpenCL (instead of CUDA) and Metal (over OpenGL). To get design wins again it will need to work on these two technologies and their support without going back to saying just use CUDA/OpenGL. As a side effect we would see Pascal support, but it's not the main goal and thus not a "Coming Soon" thing.

Has anyone had success with this driver and having both a Maxwell and a Pascal card? I'd like to use the Maxwell card in macOS and the Pascal card in Windows.

For multiple display adapters; you would need to disable one and prioritize the other or just point OS X at a new default PCIe address. Neither of these I have seen working other than the early days when you sometimes needed to override the default bus to 0 or 1. Not sure if this would work for an arbitrary PCIe bus.

I have the 970 in pcie0 and the 1070 in pcie1. Works great, didn't have to do anything to get it working (apart from disabling the 970 in windows device manager and connecting both to the displays). i can see win loading on the 970 and when entering the user password i have to switch the monitor input...

good luck !

still it would be great to have a NVDAGP100HalWeb.kext :D

EDIT: I just forgot one problem: system can't wake from sleep anymore...

Got the driver working, reset and shutdown stopped working, any fix for that I am missing ?

SOLVED

Hi Experts,

Any chance I can get 10.12.1 Nvidia web driver here? I forgot to check this site first before upgrading to 10.12.1. The graphic is now painfully horrific. 

Hi Experts,

Any chance I can get 10.12.1 Nvidia web driver here? I forgot to check this site first before upgrading to 10.12.1. The graphic is now painfully horrific. 

You can follow what @wastez said unless you removed the webdriver?

@savageAUS,

Follow wastez, NVDASTartupWeb.kext info.plist corrected. Repair permission + cache restarted. Unfortunately, graphic problem same as before. Any other method I can try. FYI, I also used Nvidia Webupdater way but same graphic problem remain. 

@savageAUS,

Follow wastez, NVDASTartupWeb.kext info.plist corrected. Repair permission + cache restarted. Unfortunately, graphic problem same as before. Any other method I can try. FYI, I also used Nvidia Webupdater way but same graphic problem remain. 

If you didn't remove your old driver before upgrading to a beta, tweaking the kext will just let you activate it in preferences.  Otherwise trying to install a new one like WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01 will stall on the system compatibility check.  I changed my plist for b01 to support the beta, but recently reverted back to the stock Sierra driver since there were way too many artifacts.  Think I'll wait till NVIDIA updates their drivers.  Nothing really stable yet, unfortunately.

Hello, what driver should I install for my GTX 750 TI by Gigabyte?

I tried 10.12.0 Nvidia Driver Web - 367.15.10.05f01 -> Build 16A323 (thanks to phi777) New!
  but it does not work.
thank you

Hello, what driver should I install for my GTX 750 TI by Gigabyte?

I tried 10.12.0 Nvidia Driver Web - 367.15.10.05f01 -> Build 16A323 (thanks to phi777) New!
  but it does not work.
thank you

Have you modified the plist for /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist and change NVDARequiredOS to this 

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>
<string>16B</string>

and are you using NvidiaWeb=true

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/info.plist

And look for the nvdarequiredos and change it to 16b

i found it 

<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>

<string>16A323</string>

<key>NVDAType</key>

as I correct??

are you using NvidiaWeb=false why in true my system don't boot.

I'm booting the PC with pen drive, yet not I install clover on ssd, I'll do it when it's all ok. is a problem.

sorry for may bad English.

Thanks for your help

You won't get your system ok just by booting from pen drive. You need to install close er to your hard drive. And yes you are correct with the NVDARequiredOS, Instead of 16A323 change it to 16B.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I did a fresh install of Sierra, after having some problems with GTX 960 on El Capitan (everything worked well with Nvidia web drivers set on "OS X drivers"). When I installed the latest version of Clover and the latest web drivers, it went to no signal after the white apple.

So, going to Sierra, everything works fine, but GPU. I just installed the latest Sierra web drivers and flagged Nvidia web drivers on config.plist. The result is the same as in El Capitan: no signal after white apple... :-(