Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q885

1 post in this topic

I've managed to worked out almost all hardware, so I'll list everything (for someone else having issues with hardware I managed to fix) and what I'm having some issues and perhaps someone are able to help.

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M - 1 GB GDDR5 SDRAM
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT215M [GeForce GTS 360M] (rev a2)

Problem: Slower than the Intel HD 5000 from my Macbook Air (it's way faster with any other OS). I have some configurations on my clover, I'll attach the config.plist for further verification. 
Tried: Native Driver and Web Driver, same situation. Both drivers are working fine but, for example, this motherboard are able to run world of warcraft with good configuration under wine on linux, in OSX using native world of warcraft client only minimum doesn't have lag.
Solved: Partially.
152616-bd3d5d0de81e148320a6f367cd58b772.

NVIDIA Audio HD Controller

01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
Problem: Audio via hdmi doesn't work, only external microphones works (I don't care right now, perhaps I'll try fix in the future). 
Solved: Latest VoodooHDA works fine

Wireless Realtek RTL8191SEvB

0a:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller (rev 10)

Problem: Doesn't work at all. 
Tried: Old kexts and even the official realtek ones. Perhaps I need to modify something else?

Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR8131
0b:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR8131 Gigabit Ethernet (rev c0)
Solved: #####

O2 Micro MMC/SD Controller
07:00.1 SD Host controller: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MMC/SD Controller (rev 01)
Problem: Doesn't works, and I didn't tried to fix (yet).

Battery
Problem: ACPIBatteryManager.kext worked as expected giving me the icon on the bar, nothing else. I've tried almost all the tutorials about notebook batteries in this forum without any luck. For sure I'm missing something, but I didn't find it. Perhaps I need an extra patch, I don't know. I mess up more than 5 hours with this so I'll gave up for a while. I'll attach my unmodified DSDT for revision (dumped using patchmatic -extractall).

Internal Keyboard and Synaptics Touchpad
Solved: VoodooPS2

Extra hardware: NEC UPD720202 v2 USB3 ExpressCard
Solved: It was the UGLIEST solution. FakePCIID+FakePCIID_XHCIMux+USBInjectAll. Without this, I had the USB3 hub on System Information, was able to access the external hds but slower than USB1. Now the hub doesn't appear in System Information, but I'm able to connect and eject normally (External Drives, Pendrives and even the Express Card). The disks shows up in Disk Utility but the device just disappeared from System Information (disregard the icon to eject the card, very strange). Btw, I can only use one port at time (if I try to use the two ports, it just disconnects the card), but isn't a big deal.

dsdt.zip

config.plist.zip