nguyenlc1993

[GUIDE] Installing macOS on ASUS K501L

92 posts in this topic

Hi there !
First of all, I want to thank you for your awesome guide, it helped me a lot :D

Then I got a few questions about this hackintosh.

Before I ask you those questions, here's my computer's configuration : 
Asus K501LX with an i5 5200U, GTX 950M, 1TB HDD and 12Gigs of RAM. My bundled wifi isn't working so I ordered the one you took in the guide.

The first minor issue is about the screen right after booting. My screen is "striated" and unusable... until I close the laptop and open it after about 10sec. Yup, that's strange. When connected to HDMI, the integrated screen is "striated" but the external looks normal. It did this during the installation too. So I wondered if you had this problem and maybe how to solve it. (Iv'e attached a picture of the phenomenon during the OS X installation process)

The second question is about updating to Sierra. I know you tried and then got back to El Capitan because mouse and Keyboard aren't fully supported, but I don't really care about this kind of details. Anyway, so I wanted to update to Sierra but Clover doesn't find the "Install macOS" option. So I updated Clover to the lastest version available, I installed it properly but when I hit enter, either on the "Install macOS" option or on the El Capitan partition, it won't boot.
To be more precise, It shows the Apple logo, no loading bar appears, and then it quickly reboots, that's really strange. I tried almost everything, editing the config.plist, updating the Kexts etc... none of those solutions works.

Then I got one last question about the touchpad : every gesture is working, even with 3 fingers for the launchpad etc... But I can't scroll with two fingers. The option is ticked in "System Preferences > Trackpad" and other two fingers gesture like the right click are working. I'm pretty sure that the Kext are installed properly.

Hope we can get those little things working,

Arkisto

post-1699558-0-94186700-1479227051_thumb.png

Advertisement

Hello Im happy to see your guide... good work :thumbsup_anim:

I have an ASUS k751l  with  i7 broadwell u cpu and Intel HD graphics 5500

Does following your tutorial would work for me?

thanks..

Look at the first post. I already stated that any model other than K501LX/K501LB should use this guide as reference only.

Hi there !

First of all, I want to thank you for your awesome guide, it helped me a lot :D

Then I got a few questions about this hackintosh.

Before I ask you those questions, here's my computer's configuration : 

Asus K501LX with an i5 5200U, GTX 950M, 1TB HDD and 12Gigs of RAM. My bundled wifi isn't working so I ordered the one you took in the guide.

The first minor issue is about the screen right after booting. My screen is "striated" and unusable... until I close the laptop and open it after about 10sec. Yup, that's strange. When connected to HDMI, the integrated screen is "striated" but the external looks normal. It did this during the installation too. So I wondered if you had this problem and maybe how to solve it. (Iv'e attached a picture of the phenomenon during the OS X installation process)

The second question is about updating to Sierra. I know you tried and then got back to El Capitan because mouse and Keyboard aren't fully supported, but I don't really care about this kind of details. Anyway, so I wanted to update to Sierra but Clover doesn't find the "Install macOS" option. So I updated Clover to the lastest version available, I installed it properly but when I hit enter, either on the "Install macOS" option or on the El Capitan partition, it won't boot.

To be more precise, It shows the Apple logo, no loading bar appears, and then it quickly reboots, that's really strange. I tried almost everything, editing the config.plist, updating the Kexts etc... none of those solutions works.

Then I got one last question about the touchpad : every gesture is working, even with 3 fingers for the launchpad etc... But I can't scroll with two fingers. The option is ticked in "System Preferences > Trackpad" and other two fingers gesture like the right click are working. I'm pretty sure that the Kext are installed properly.

Hope we can get those little things working,

Arkisto

- About the first issue, try to enable CSM in BIOS settings.

- I don't recommend upgrade to Sierra yet, as some of the hardware/functions are not working well on Sierra. You are responsible for your own actions.

- For the last issue, you can try to change the scrolling speed, untick and retick two finger scrolling and see if it worked.

ASUS k751LB 

i7 broadwell u intel HD 5500

nvidia 940m (disable)

SSD 500 GB windows 10 + 1TB HDD MAC OS X sierra

hello again

I would like to thank you for this wonderful guide i used as reference but with os x sierra USB INSTALER

Laptop works great  :yes:

Except for two problems I could not find a solution for them
1- open display preferences  [preferences not load displays preference pane] Hd 5500 work and backlight is work

2- trakpad work but no click and no preferences 
Any possible solutions ???? :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

post-1708650-0-38439800-1479255292_thumb.png

post-1708650-0-80010200-1479255297_thumb.png

post-1708650-0-20674300-1479255304_thumb.png

Thank you, no more startup graphic bug and no more scroll problem.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful guide i used as reference but with os x sierra USB INSTALER

Oh nice, I haven't tried Sierra with this method, I tried with a [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] stick but I had graphical issues (no blur effect and bad resolution)...
May I ask you which kexts you used for your installation ? The ones in this guide or the lastests versions downloaded somewhere ?

Thank you, no more startup graphic bug and no more scroll problem.

Oh nice, I haven't tried Sierra with this method, I tried with a ##### stick but I had graphical issues (no blur effect and bad resolution)...

May I ask you which kexts you used for your installation ? The ones in this guide or the lastests versions downloaded somewhere ?

Glad to hear this Success installation

1- Update clover bootloader to last version to make USB Sierra installation after instal copy past the clover partition from Usb to efi partition on disk

2- remove all Kext number keep other kext only in usb and efi partition after install

3-Change Pre-DVMT Allocated to 64/128MB in BIOS settings.

4-Use SwitchResX if you want to switch to custom HiDPI resolution3

use this
to FixEDID  

post-1708650-0-02895900-1479565363_thumb.png

Glad to hear this Success installation

1- Update clover bootloader to last version to make USB Sierra installation after instal copy past the clover partition from Usb to efi partition on disk

2- remove all Kext number keep other kext only in usb and efi partition after install

3-Change Pre-DVMT Allocated to 64/128MB in BIOS settings.

I made the Sierra USB without problems, but sometimes it won't show the sierra installation option and when it shows, le computer reboots on the Apple logo (verbose mode just shows a line of "+" symbols.

Looks like it's a config.plist problem, Ive tried some fixes but it doesn't work. Can you upload yours ?

I made the Sierra USB without problems, but sometimes it won't show the sierra installation option and when it shows, le computer reboots on the Apple logo (verbose mode just shows a line of "+" symbols.

Looks like it's a config.plist problem, Ive tried some fixes but it doesn't work. Can you upload yours ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-yQovbVGQuVDJSQXFjNzY5bHc/view?usp=sharing

ok try this and post the result 

Mmmmh...
For some reason when booting from the USB, It doesn't show any Mac OS system, neither my internal El Capitan HDD or the macOS Sierra install. I'm searching around internet for a solution.

Oh, and btw, just received my new Wi-Fi chip, and it works like a charm, that's awesome.

If you have any suggestion, I'll take it :D

EDIT : Got one last problem to get a really perfect installation : the sleep mode. When the computer enter the sleep mode, the LED won't turn off and there's no way to get out of sleep, I need to force the shutdown with the power button.

Edited by Arkist0

Okay guys, glad to announce that I'm actually posting from Sierra. Everything works great except some minor issues that I'm working on. 
If someone wonders what was the solution to my problems, it was only one file missing in my clover installation : "HFSPlus.efi". So I just downloaded it and put the file in EFI/Clover/drivers64efi

Thanks everyone for the help and good luck !

Hi, i've just installed macOS Sierra on my ASUS K501LB-DM127D

Everything work great except the internal microphone. In the System Information, it said that my internal microphone had been connected. But I couldn't see the Internal Microphone in the Sound section of the System Preferences. 

Here's the screenshot of my System Information and System Preferences: http://imgur.com/jwrlmRq

ASUS K501LB - DM127D / Intel Core i3 - 5010u / 4GB Ram/ 500GB HDD / Realtek ALC233 / Intel HD 5500 + GT 940M / macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Hi, i've just installed macOS Sierra on my ASUS K501LB-DM127D

Everything work great except the internal microphone. In the System Information, it said that my internal microphone had been connected. But I couldn't see the Internal Microphone in the Sound section of the System Preferences. 

Here's the screenshot of my System Information and System Preferences: http://imgur.com/jwrlmRq

ASUS K501LB - DM127D / Intel Core i3 - 5010u / 4GB Ram/ 500GB HDD / Realtek ALC233 / Intel HD 5500 + GT 940M / macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Could you send me your codec dump? (Please read here to know how to get codec dump from Linux).

Btw I haven't installed & tested Sierra on my own laptop yet so there could be updates to AppleHDA that broke the dummy kext.

I'm to buy a Asus k501ux

in your opinion, it is compatible with this guide ???

With some modifications this is possible

Not some, but quite a bunch of modifications in kext & config.plist, since k501ux uses Skylake CPU, not Broadwell. So I will say it is incompatible with this guide, but you can use it as a reference source.  :no:

I'm going to update the installation pack to version 2.0, together with guide and videos. There are many things to be edited, so it may take a week to complete.

Notable changes:

- Hotpatch will become the official method of ACPI patching.

- macOS Sierra will be officially supported.

- K501LB model will receive the same support as K501LX.

Due to these changes, the GitHub repository will be renamed to mac-os-k501l. The repository, together with wiki is being updated.  :lol:

Also the version naming scheme is modified: As this version contains breaking changes, so I named it v2.0 instead of v1.1. v1.0.1 will be changed to v1.1, and from now on every version will have the format of major.minor:rofl:

Cheers,

Le Cao Nguyen

Hello guys! First time posting here, but not completely new to building a hackintosh.

I tried installing MacOS on my laptop, and after a day I got most of it running. I run a Asus-k501lx. I only have some problems:

- Ethernet is not working, except in static mode. When just booting the system while having DHCP selected, the ethernet connection says that there is no connection and no IP-address. However ifconfig reports that it has an IP address. After some minutes (2-3), the network preference pane will report that it has an IP address, a DNS etcetera. But I still can't connect to the internet. I can't even ping the router, so it is not a DNS problem. I tried to install Realtek drivers, but it still has the same behaviour.

- The fn buttons for brightness do not work.

- Can I change the trackpad settings? I want to disable edge scrolling and enable two finger scrolling, also tap to click does not work.

Can somebody give me some directions, after I couldn't find more information after a day of searching.

I found the ethernet problem, I was using an access point in client mode to provide internet. Normally, you can disable the DHCP server to use the DHCP server of the router (it does work on Linux, Windows or on my other hackintosh). Apparently, that doesn't work with the kext. So I enabled the dhcp server of the access point and it seems to be working now.

If you are remaking the guide, I would also add that you should enable CSM, otherwise you screen sometimes glitches and you get random crashes.

Hello guys! First time posting here, but not completely new to building a hackintosh.

I tried installing MacOS on my laptop, and after a day I got most of it running. I run a Asus-k501lx. I only have some problems:

- Ethernet is not working, except in static mode. When just booting the system while having DHCP selected, the ethernet connection says that there is no connection and no IP-address. However ifconfig reports that it has an IP address. After some minutes (2-3), the network preference pane will report that it has an IP address, a DNS etcetera. But I still can't connect to the internet. I can't even ping the router, so it is not a DNS problem. I tried to install Realtek drivers, but it still has the same behaviour.

- The fn buttons for brightness do not work.

- Can I change the trackpad settings? I want to disable edge scrolling and enable two finger scrolling, also tap to click does not work.

Can somebody give me some directions, after I couldn't find more information after a day of searching.

Are you using macOS Sierra? If so, then install ApplePS2SmartTouchpad v4.7 beta 5.

I found the ethernet problem, I was using an access point in client mode to provide internet. Normally, you can disable the DHCP server to use the DHCP server of the router (it does work on Linux, Windows or on my other hackintosh). Apparently, that doesn't work with the kext. So I enabled the dhcp server of the access point and it seems to be working now.

If you are remaking the guide, I would also add that you should enable CSM, otherwise you screen sometimes glitches and you get random crashes.

Yes, I will note about enabling CSM in my updated guide, thank you.  ^_^

I'm going to update the installation pack to version 2.0, together with guide and videos. There are many things to be edited, so it may take a week to complete.

Notable changes:

- Hotpatch will become the official method of ACPI patching.

- macOS Sierra will be officially supported.

- K501LB model will receive the same support as K501LX.

Due to these changes, the GitHub repository will be renamed to mac-os-k501l. The repository, together with wiki is being updated.  :lol:

Also the version naming scheme is modified: As this version contains breaking changes, so I named it v2.0 instead of v1.1. v1.0.1 will be changed to v1.1, and from now on every version will have the format of major.minor:rofl:

Cheers,

Le Cao Nguyen

It's good news.. I am waiting for release :)

During the previous weeks I was busy with tests and projects at my university, so I did not have time to work with the next release. Now the semester has finished, I will resume my work ASAP.  ^_^

Btw, what is the problem with backlight in macOS 10.12.4? Can someone give me some info about this?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By AudioGod
      I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
      This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you. 

A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.   

This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F11c, 9900k with a 5700 XT but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware

CPU's
      8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS

GPU's
      RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
      (If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)

@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)

HARDWARE USED
      • Intel I9 9900k @5.2Ghz
      • Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
      • Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3600mhz (2 x 16GB)
      • Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
      • EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
      • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
      • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)   
      • Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case

WORKING
      • Sound 
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Sleep & Wake
      • Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
      • Handoff
      • Netflix on Safari browser
      • Continuity
      • Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)

CLOVER EFI FOLDERS  
      please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F11c to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c 

Use this folder with fully patched DSDT
      Current EFI 
      Updated 04/02/2020
      EFI Update - 04/02/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios
      AG Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
      AG Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 
      Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

ADDITIONAL DSDT's & Older EFI’s (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)

Alternative EFI - OpenCore No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it (04/02/2020)

Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore (04/02/2020)

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
      https://www.olarila.com/forum/17-dsdt-patch-requests/
      (If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
      disablehibernate.command

ADDITONAL DOWNLOADS
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f10
      Clover
      Clover Configurator
      Kext Updater
      RepairPermissions

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS
      BroadcomFix.zip   (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
      Hackintool
      IORegistryExplorer
      Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)

• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
      • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
      • Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
      • Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration ->  XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup

SCREENSHOTS

• By AudioGod
      I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
      This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Pro and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you. 

A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.   

This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro, 9900k with a Vega 56 but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware using Catalina 10.15.3

CPU's
      8700k, 9600k, 9700k, 9900k

GPU's
      RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
      (If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)

@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install.

HARDWARE USED
      • Intel I9 9900k 
      • Gigabyte AORUS Z390 PRO
      • Sapphire Nitro+ SE Vega56 (connected to monitor with DisplayPort)
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB @3200mhz (2 x 8GB)
      • Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit. 
      • CoolerMaster MASTERLIQUID ML360R RGB CPU Cooler
      • Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
      • Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
      • ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)   
      • Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case

WORKING
      • Sound 
      • Ethernet Port
      • WiFi
      • SSD Trim
      • USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
      • AirDrop
      • iCloud
      • Hardware Acceleration
      • iMessages
      • Facetime
      • Sleep & Wake
      • Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
      • Handoff
      • Netflix on Safari browser
      • Continuity
      • Sidecar

CLOVER  FOLDER
      Use this folder with fully patched DSDT
      Current EFI 
      Updated 14/02/2020
      Z390 Pro Navi Vega Clover EFI 140220.zip - Use with Bios revision F12d Only (14/02/2020 Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI)
      Z390 Pro Polaris Clover EFI 140220.zip - Use with Bios revision F12d Only (14/02/2020 RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI)
      HD630 Z390 Pro F12d EFI 140220.zip  Use with Bios revision F12d Only (14/02/2020 IGPU Only EFI) SMBIOS MacMini 8,1 

PLEASE NOTE - Please flash your motherboard bios to revision F11 to use my current EFI. It’s a major rework of the bios and vital changes have been made to the layout and power tables. New DSDTs have been created and installed into the new EFI’s but will not work correctly with any other bios revision.

Latest Gigabyte Z390 PRO BIOS (F12d)
      mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro_f12d.zip

CFG Unlock (MSR) F12d BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 
      Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

DSDT's & Older EFI’s (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)

Alternative EFI - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore (16/01/2019)

To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
      https://www.olarila.com/forum/17-dsdt-patch-requests/
      (If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)

If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
      disablehibernate.command

ADDITONAL DOWNLOADS
      Clover
      Clover Configurator
      Kext Updater

OPTIONAL DOWNLOADS
      BroadcomFix.zip   (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
      FakeSMC    (Can be used instead of VirtualSMC)
      Hackintool
      IORegistryExplorer
      Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F12d)
      • Enter BIOS → Press F12 → Enter Setup
      • Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
      • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
      • Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
      • Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
      • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration ->  XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
      • Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup 

SCREENSHOTS

• By ricardos7
      Boa tarde a todos, estou fazendo um hack em um notebook Dell 5557, as configurações estão abaixo.
      Preciso de ajuda para terminar alguns detalhes que nÃo consegui, alguém poderia ajudar?

bem com a minha pasta EFI que pode ser baixada nesse post vc poderá fazer o seu hack mais facilmente nesse modelo,
      pois quase tudo ja esta configurado e pronto pra uso.

ESPECIFICAÇÕES TÉCNICAS
      Processador Intel Core i7 - 6ª Geração Intel Core i7-6500U
      Velocidade: 2.5 GHz até 3.1 GHz com Max Turbo Cache: 4Mb
      Memória RAM Quantidade: 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2X8).
      Armazenamento Capacidade: 240 GB SSD
      Tela Tamanho:15.6” Resolução: FULL HD 1920x1080p Touch
      Webcam integrada de alta definição (720p) com microfone digital
      Gráfico Integrado Intel HD 520
      NVIDIA® GeForce 930M com 4GB DDR3 Dedicada
      Áudio Realteck ALC255

Dell Wireless 1707 WiFi, chip ar9565
      1x  HDMI 1.4ª
      2x USB 3.0
      1x USB 2.0
      1x Ethernet 10/100 RJ-45
      1x Entrada de Cartão 5 em 1 (SD, SD 3.0, SDHC, MS e MS PRO)
      Leitor de Cartão
      Tipo: SD, SDHC, SD3.0, MS, MS Pro
      Alimentação Bivolt 3 células 43Wh

O QUE NÃO FUNCIONA?
      BRILHO DA TELA
      BLUETOOTH
      SONO (Hibernação)
      HDMI (audio) video funciona mais a tela do note fica preta ao conectar o cabo HDMI
      GRAFICOS DEDICADOS NVIDEA 930M (DESATIVADO)

O QUE FUNCIONA?

GRAFICOS INTEL
      WI-FI - a intel original foi substituída pela DELL dw1707 ar9565
      AUDIO
      TECLADO
      TRACKPAD (com gestos)
      TOUCHSCREEN (com alguns gestos)
      TECLAS  DE ATALHO
      PLACA DE REDE RJ45
      GERENCIAMENTO DE ENERGIA

OBS. PARA DESATIVAR OS GRÁFICOS FOI USANDO UMA SSDT EM CONJUNTO COM A DSDT-5 E 7, DEPOIS DE APLICADO ALGUNS PACHES.

A DSDT E AS SSDT
      PACHS BASICOS APLICADOS.
      Aparentemente o gerenciamento de energia está funcionando bem, pelo menos o processador parece esta bem estável.

PASTA OTHER CLOVER (DEPOIS DESSA IMAGEM FOI ADICIONADO MAIS DUAS KEXT QUE NAO ESTAO PRESENTES NA IMAGEM, PARA FUNCIONAR
      O TOUCH E PARA O WIFI CONSEGUIR ENCONTRAR AS REDES.

EFI 

ESTAREI DEIXANDO UM LINK PARA DOWNLOAD DA MINHA PASTA EFI, CASO ALGUEM ESTEJA FAZENDO ESSE MESMO HACK ESSA PASTA PODERÁ AJUDAR.

ATENÇÃO

LEMBRANDO QUE OS ARQUIVOS DSDT E SSDT, SSDT DE 5 A 8 SÃO DO MEU NOTEBOOK, QUEM FOR USAR DEVER EXTRAIR E CONSTRUIR SEUS PRÓPRIOS DSDT E SSDT.
      O SSDT-EC E O SSDT-PNLF PODEM SER USADOS POIS SÃO GENERICOS.

LINK DE DOWNLOAD EFI DELL 5557-P39F PARA COLOCAR NO PENDRIVER DE INSTALAÇÃO.
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nPM2CNgpr7cwOkjwj7UReziqrh9xjtf1
      SE NAO SUBIR COM A Config.plist INICIAL SELECIONE A Config2.plist

LINK DE DOWNLOAD EFI DELL 5557-P39F (EM USO) 14/02/2020
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1US7j-YlufrFTasLihmUZwElyV4jBfHDg

LINK DE DOWNLOAD EFI DELL 5557-P39F (ANTIGA)
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q2tnoqQZ9K44Bv6k2k1yauaHCAop_ZyW

QUEM PUDER AJUDAR A CORRIGIR OS PROBLEMAS RESTANTE EU AGRADEÇO, OBRIGADO.

• By kushwavez
      A really good motherboard with macOS compatible bult-in Wifi & Bluetooth

ASUS Z170-Deluxe (with Wifi)
      BIOS: v3801
      CPU: i7-6700K 4.0 to 4.2 GHz (w/o OC)
      RAM: 1x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 2400 MHz
      GPU: Intel HD 530 (Headless) & ASUS Radeon RX 5700 OC 8 GB
      Audio: ALC 1150
      Ethernet: I219V2, I211-AT
      WiFi & Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94360HMB Half-Mini-PCI-E
      More Specs: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-DELUXE/specifications/

Catalina 10.15.3 - Windows 10
      What is working:
      BCM94360HMB Wifi and Bluetooth AirDrop, Handoff, FaceTime, Messages, App Store, iCloud, etc. Intel HD 530 (QE/CI tested, but now I'm using it in headless) Sleep RX 5700 (QE/CI with 2 1080p monitors connected) Sound USB Ports Two Ethernet ports macOS with a light OC (4.12 GHz - 4.5 Ghz, XMP, ASUS optimal) No problem so far ASUS HyperKit with a KINGSTON NVMe SSD - 250 GB  
      What is not working:
      -  

Not tested:
      VideoProc says that Hardware Decoding\Encoding is fully supported and enabled on both HD 530 and RX 5700 but I didn't test it Thunderbolt (no equipment)  
      Issues:
      None  
      BIOS Settings:
      Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module): Launch CSM: Disabled Boot\Secure Boot: OS type: Other OS Secure Boot State: Disabled Advanced\System agent (sa) Configuration: VT-d: Enabled Graphics Configuration: Primary Display: Auto iGPU Multi-monitor: Enabled RC6(Render Standby): Enabled DVMT Pre-Allocated: 128M Advanced\PCH Storage Configuration: SATA Mode Selection: AHCI HyperKit: Enable (if you have NVMe SSD with ASUS HyperKit) Advanced\CPU Configuration: Intel Virtualization Technology: Enabled CPU- Power Management Control: Intel SpeedStep: Enabled CPU- C-States: Enabled Intel SpeedShift: Enabled  
      Getting ready for installation:
      Download the bootpack (Clover v5098): Click here -> ASUS-Z170_catalina.zip  
      Installation:
      Create an installer with any method you know (- Mac: createinstallmedia - Windows: Transmac, Vmware, Win32diskimager) Copy my Clover folder to the USB's EFI folder Boot with the Installer USB If you have any problem (kp or freeze) boot with config_debug.plist to see what causes the issue  
      Post Installation:
      Download Clover Configurator and generate a new Serial Number for yourself  
      Some pictures:

Catalina & Windows 10 Dual-Boot (clean install, on one drive):
       Boot into your Mac installer, Create 2 partitions in GUID table (1 for Win (I used FAT32 but I think it doesn't matter what you choose), 1 for Mac)
       Install Mac, boot with your USB, mount your EFI partition (use terminal or an EFI mounter app), create an EFI folder (if there is no folder), copy the CLOVER folder I attached to the EFI folder, restart
      Boot into your Win installer, Format the partition you created for Win, install. 
      Now, it's automatically booting into Windows. To use Clover open cmd in administrator, type: 
      bcdedit /set {bootmgr} path \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi  
      You're done! It will booting into Clover when you start the system, and you can select Win or Mac (or another OS if installed on a 3rd partition).

IF YOU GETTING ERRORS DURING WINDOWS INSTALLATION (could not be formatted, etc):
      Make sure you have GPT partitions, and GPT (UEFI) installer, also disconnect all external storage drives (except the installer USB)  
      Mounting EFI from Windows:
      Open cmd in administrator mode and type: mountvol b: /s (This will mount your EFI) Open Total Commander or Explorer++ in administrator mode to manage EFI mountvol b: /d (This will unmount your EFI)  
      Notes:

2020.02.11: Updated to 10.15.3 -> No problem when/after installing
      2020.01.19: Added ASUS HyperKit NVMe SSD to the "What is working" list
      2020.01.12: Tested system with OC, added more informations to BIOS settings
      2020.01.11: Added SmallTreeIntel82576.kext for 2nd Ethernet, Tested Ethernet ports
      2020.01.11: First upload

• By Krani93
      Hi guys,

I'm trying to install Catalina on a Lenovo m720q (i5-8600T with B360).
      After some other issues I'm know stuck at attached screen.
      Im using latest opencore version and have my EFI folder attached.

Can someone help me I've got no clue what to try next :/ 

Cheers!

EFI.7z