• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
vit9696

Shiki — protected video playback support on recent hardware

203 posts in this topic

After some time of iTunes testing with the latest betas, we came up with a conclusion that iTunes patching is still required for 10.13.4. It just happens that iTunes crashes got much rarer, and a lot of people believed they are gone. I committed a change that reenables iTunes crashfix autodetect:

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/commit/1b8677744aa6631cc9a9304da494a7636f53d786

To avoid making a rush of the releases we will wait till 10.13.4 is out. Those affected may compile themselves.

HTML5 DRM video on NetFlix and similar requires hardware DRM support. Unless your discrete GPU implements it, you are doomed, because Intel support is broken. You may still use other browsers, which do not rely on FairPlay. 

2 hours ago, vit9696 said:

After some time of iTunes testing with the latest betas, we came up with a conclusion that iTunes patching is still required for 10.13.4. It just happens that iTunes crashes got much rarer, and a lot of people believed they are gone. I committed a change that reenables iTunes crashfix autodetect:

https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/commit/1b8677744aa6631cc9a9304da494a7636f53d786

To avoid making a rush of the releases we will wait till 10.13.4 is out. Those affected may compile themselves.

HTML5 DRM video on NetFlix and similar requires hardware DRM support. Unless your discrete GPU implements it, you are doomed, because Intel support is broken. You may still use other browsers, which do not rely on FairPlay. 

Thank you for the reply, so without a discrete GPU, there is no way to achieve hardware DRM support to watch Netflix on Safari? If that's the case, can Shiki's ability to fake the device board ID to AppleGVA allow me to fake my device as one that does not support hardware DRM, so that I can use silverlight with Netflix?

In addition, is hardware DRM something that could be faked in the same way FakeSMC emulates the SMC chip?

Can this work on a Skylake-X 7900 - with SMBIOS of ImacPro1,1 and only a discreet Pascal NVIDIA GTX1080 ?