Denicio

[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

425 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

my hackintosh reboot when wake, how to fix it ?

Thanks.

I personally have disabled sleep from System Preferences -> Power, because there is no known fix to sleep the integrated Intel HD 530 Graphics.

Advertisement

Hi, after succesfully following your tutorial and after three months of flawless use, yesterday I switched on the pc and I got this panic error:

process 1 exec of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 8"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.21.3/bsd/kern/kern_exec.c:4991

I have of course ASRock h170m, Intel i3-6100, Nvidia Geforce GTX950, Samsung SSD and Windows on a different HD.

Thank you for any help you can provide.IMG_5830.jpg

Hi, after succesfully following your tutorial and after three months of flawless use, yesterday I switched on the pc and I got this panic error:

process 1 exec of /sbin/launchd failed, errno 8"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3789.21.3/bsd/kern/kern_exec.c:4991

I have of course ASRock h170m, Intel i3-6100, Nvidia Geforce GTX950, Samsung SSD and Windows on a different HD.

Thank you for any help you can provide.IMG_5830.jpg

Are you aware of any updates you did, or software you have installed before the last reboot? One thing I can notice beforehand is that it is reporting iMac 14,1 whilst it should have been iMac 17,1 in our case (Skylake architecture).

Are you aware of any updates you did, or software you have installed before the last reboot? One thing I can notice beforehand is that it is reporting iMac 14,1 whilst it should have been iMac 17,1 in our case (Skylake architecture).

It is a disk failure. I Tried to fix it with Diks Utility, but unfortunately without success. It is an "old" OCZ Vertex ssd from 2012. I have to reinstall on a new one. Thank you anyway.

hi Denicio,

i buy a new monitor using dvi port, but it show "no signal" at boot, how to fix it ?
thanks.

if i remove hdmi port and reboot , nothing change.

(seem DVI port not work)

hi Denicio,

i buy a new monitor using dvi port, but it show "no signal" at boot, how to fix it ?

thanks.

if i remove hdmi port and reboot , nothing change.

(seem DVI port not work)

I've heard about the DVI problem before, I am not sure because I do not own a DVI port. Isn't there any way for you to use HDMI motherboard port? Even buy a convertor.

I've heard about the DVI problem before, I am not sure because I do not own a DVI port. Isn't there any way for you to use HDMI motherboard port? Even buy a convertor.

my motherboard is H170 Pro4/ Hyper ; it have 1 HDMI/ 1 DVI ; but DVI not work :(

I've heard about the DVI problem before, I am not sure because I do not own a DVI port.

I have the ASRock H170M-ITX/ac with hdmi and DVi and I can assure you DVi not working. For me this not not a big issue, I have a monitor with both connections so I use the hdmi.

BIOS v7.00?

On http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/H170M-ITXac/?cat=Download&os=BIOS I found version 7.00 of the bios.

(strange numbering they have, the last version was 2.00...)

Does anyone tried this bios?

See/change settings in Clover -> unable to boot

When I start the computer Clover shows me see two icons, one for Apple and one for my windows10 installation on the second hdd. I disabled the count-down so I have to choose something.
I press space bar to see the settings, choose 'return' at the bottom or hit <escape> (so not changing anything), I return to the main screen with the two icons.
When I hit return, I get a message 'asked for SMC=4D535463', booting is very slow, after a while I get a scrambled screen and booting stops. Sometimes I get the 'hidden' sign, it seems that the hdd is not found?
I have to hard-reset the computer and when I don't use space bar, booting works perfect again.

In short: I'm unable to choose for example verbose or single user! I hit the space bar, select the option and go to 'return' at the bottom. Hit return to boot and I get a message "asked for SMC" or a 'hidden' sign.

See/change settings in Clover -> unable to boot

When I start the computer Clover shows me see two icons, one for Apple and one for my windows10 installation on the second hdd. I disabled the count-down so I have to choose something.
I press space bar to see the settings, choose 'return' at the bottom or hit <escape> (so not changing anything), I return to the main screen with the two icons.
When I hit return, I get a message 'asked for SMC=4D535463' (see picture), booting is very slow, after a while I get a scrambled screen and booting stops. Sometimes I get the 'hidden' sign, it seems that the hdd is not found?
I have to hard-reset the computer and when I don't use space bar, booting works perfect again.

In short: I'm unable to choose for example verbose or single user! I hit the space bar, select the option and go to 'return' at the bottom. Hit return to boot and I get a message "asked for SMC" or a 'hidden' sign.

Something must be messed up on EFI/Clover, care to share it?

Of course, I'm very happy you want to help me.

As attachment my complete EFI folder from the boot partition.

OK checked it. I have installed BIOS v7.00 as well. Personally I "Reset to UEFI defaults" from BIOS, then I only set XHCI Handoff to "On", Disable IOAPIC Tables option, and set my fan speed to "Silent". What is different from my config, is that I have installed a newer Clover UEFI version, that contains the "10.12" folder in kexts, so I use this one. And also I have HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI instead of VBox-Hfs.efi. What is your hardware config?

EDIT: Also try to run csrutil -status and report back with output.

What is different from my config, is that I have installed a newer Clover UEFI version, that contains the "10.12" folder in kexts, so I use this one. And also I have HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI instead of VBox-Hfs.efi.

I installed the latest Clover and the folder structure is somewhat different then the earlier version. I also placed HFSPlus.efi in de the drivers64EUFI-folder.

And everything seems to work now. I can toggle the -v switch without problems. Thank you very much!

Output of "csrutil status" is "System Integrity Protection status: enabled"

UPDATE: I had problems starting "Disk Utility [patched]" and I added 0x3 in Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig to disable SIP. Rebooted and now "Disk Utility [patched]" is working.

Output of "csrutil status":

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
       Apple Internal: disabled
       Kext Signing: disabled
       Filesystem Protections: disabled
       Debugging Restrictions: enabled
       DTrace Restrictions: enabled
       NVRAM Protections: enabled
       BaseSystem Verification: enabled

Is this correct?

I installed the latest Clover and the folder structure is somewhat different then the earlier version. I also placed HFSPlus.efi in de the drivers64EUFI-folder.

And everything seems to work now. I can toggle the -v switch without problems. Thank you very much!

Output of "csrutil status" is "System Integrity Protection status: enabled"

UPDATE: I had problems starting "Disk Utility [patched]" and I added 0x3 in Clover Configurator > Rt Variables > BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig to disable SIP. Rebooted and now "Disk Utility [patched]" is working.

Output of "csrutil status":

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
       Apple Internal: disabled
       Kext Signing: disabled
       Filesystem Protections: disabled
       Debugging Restrictions: enabled
       DTrace Restrictions: enabled
       NVRAM Protections: enabled
       BaseSystem Verification: enabled

Is this correct?

Yes totally, you're good to go :) I'm glad it was solved.

Changelog:

- Updated "config.plist" with SIP disable values, because new Clover UEFI versions don't seem to disable it by default.

- Cleaned up the tutorial, removed all strikeout comments etc. New users will find it easier to follow.

Hey there!

Thanks for the thread.

I was wondering if anything would change for the Z170M-ITX/ac version of this motherboard by ASRock. Any idea?

Also @denicio your personal website link appears to be down.

Hi Denicio,

I tried to install on the H170M-itx/AC with i5-6600, BIOS version 7 and Clover 3944 (Christmas version ?). I installed the kexts from your v9 file in the 10.12 folder, config.plist in EFI/CLOVER and SSDT-2.aml in ACPI/patched.

Clover boots, I added '-v' to the 'dart=0' option, and the system stops after OsxAptioFix2drv with "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on the platform!" Reason: Mac-F42008DC8, which seems to suggest a MacPRO 1,1?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tom

Hey there!

Thanks for the thread.

I was wondering if anything would change for the Z170M-ITX/ac version of this motherboard by ASRock. Any idea?

Also @denicio your personal website link appears to be down.

Hello! The only thing that would change (maybe) is the USB ports layout. How many USB ports you have in total?

Hi Denicio,

I tried to install on the H170M-itx/AC with i5-6600, BIOS version 7 and Clover 3944 (Christmas version ?). I installed the kexts from your v9 file in the 10.12 folder, config.plist in EFI/CLOVER and SSDT-2.aml in ACPI/patched.

Clover boots, I added '-v' to the 'dart=0' option, and the system stops after OsxAptioFix2drv with "This version of Mac OS X is not supported on the platform!" Reason: Mac-F42008DC8, which seems to suggest a MacPRO 1,1?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Tom

Indeed seems like a Mac Pro's SMBIOS. But why? Before booting to your Mac partition, go to Clover's options and check the suggested SMBIOS. What does it say?

Hello! The only thing that would change (maybe) is the USB ports layout. How many USB ports you have in total?

Indeed seems like a Mac Pro's SMBIOS. But why? Before booting to your Mac partition, go to Clover's options and check the suggested SMBIOS. What does it say?

Product Name: iMac17,1

Board ID: Mac-F4208DC8

Can I just go ahead and change this to a supported version?

Product Name: iMac17,1

Board ID: Mac-F4208DC8

Can I just go ahead and change this to a supported version?

Yes, please add on your "config.plist" this one:

<key>SMBIOS</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Manufacturer</key>
        <string>Apple Inc.</string>
        <key>Family</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac17,1</string>
        <key>SerialNumber</key>
        <string>C02QF000GG7L</string>
        <key>BoardManufacturer</key>
        <key>BoardVersion</key>
        <string>iMac17,1</string>
        <key>Board-ID</key>
        <string>Mac-DB15BD556843C820</string>
        <key>BoardType</key>
        <integer>10</integer>
        <key>BoardAssetTag</key>
        <string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>
        <key>#BoardSerialNumber</key>
        <string>C0200000000000000</string>
        <key>BiosVendor</key>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM171.88Z.0105.B00.1509221819</string>
        <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
        <string>09/22/2015</string>
        <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
        <key>ChassisType</key>
        <string>13</string>
        <key>LocationInChassis</key>
        <string>Part Component</string>
        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
        <string></string>
        <key>FirmwareVendor</key>
        <key>SmcRevision</key>
        <string>2.33f9</string>
        <key>Version</key>
        <string>1.0</string>
    </dict>

Hi Denicio,

That got me a bit further, thanks! The system now boots a long way, then the screen blanks, but the system keeps running. Last thing I see on the screen is "setMulticastMode() <===". The screen then blanks, but I see data being transferred from the USB stick. After a while the system quiets down, but if I hit a key, the fan starts purring again, so it's not completely stopped. Any suggestions?

Tom

Yes, please add on your "config.plist" this one:

<key>SMBIOS</key>    <dict>        <key>Manufacturer</key>        <string>Apple Inc.</string>        <key>Family</key>        <string>iMac</string>        <key>ProductName</key>        <string>iMac17,1</string>        <key>SerialNumber</key>        <string>C02QF000GG7L</string>        <key>BoardManufacturer</key>        <string>Apple Inc.</string>        <key>BoardVersion</key>        <string>iMac17,1</string>        <key>Board-ID</key>        <string>Mac-DB15BD556843C820</string>        <key>BoardType</key>        <integer>10</integer>        <key>BoardAssetTag</key>        <string>Base Board Asset Tag#</string>        <key>#BoardSerialNumber</key>        <string>C0200000000000000</string>        <key>BiosVendor</key>        <string>Apple Inc.</string>        <key>BiosVersion</key>        <string>IM171.88Z.0105.B00.1509221819</string>        <key>BiosReleaseDate</key>        <string>09/22/2015</string>        <key>ChassisManufacturer</key>        <string>Apple Inc.</string>        <key>ChassisType</key>        <string>13</string>        <key>LocationInChassis</key>        <string>Part Component</string>        <key>ChassisAssetTag</key>        <string></string>        <key>FirmwareVendor</key>        <string>Apple Inc.</string>        <key>SmcRevision</key>        <string>2.33f9</string>        <key>Version</key>        <string>1.0</string>    </dict>

Hi Denicio,

That got me a bit further, thanks! The system now boots a long way, then the screen blanks, but the system keeps running. Last thing I see on the screen is "setMulticastMode() <===". The screen then blanks, but I see data being transferred from the USB stick. After a while the system quiets down, but if I hit a key, the fan starts purring again, so it's not completely stopped. Any suggestions?

Tom

That's good to hear! I think you are suffering from the same problem as everyone with a DVI port connection. Can you switch to HDMI port connection?

Hi Denicio,

Tom

if you use dvi cable try this patch :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>t2-10.11.4-SKL-1912000-Port_0x5-DP2HDM</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgQKAAAEAACHAQAA</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AwYKAAACAACHAQAA</data>
</dict>
</plist>

That's good to hear! I think you are suffering from the same problem as everyone with a DVI port connection. Can you switch to HDMI port connection?

Switching to HDMI worked, system is now installing. I may want to try the DVI patch later on, but I'm fine now. Thanks againi, Denicio!

Switching to HDMI worked, system is now installing. I may want to try the DVI patch later on, but I'm fine now. Thanks againi, Denicio!

No problem, use viethoavnm's description above for DVI :)