Jump to content
jalavoui

Atheros wireless driver OS X 10.11/12 for unsupported cards

612 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Advertisement

I have a Dell DW1703 which has the AR9485 and oddly whilst in general I only see a max Tx rate of 11Mbps when connected to all other routers I've tried so far, when I connect my home router (which is an old BT Home Hub 3.0) it's actually showing a Tx Rate of up to 72Mbps and comparatively the transfer speeds are faster (hitting 20-30Mbps from a 60-70Mbps connection) rather than the 1-5Mbps I would get when connected to other WiFi routers.

 

Not sure why or what my hub is doing differently to get these increased speeds, but I thought I'd mention that it would appear the 11Mbps Tx 'limit' on the AR9485 can be broken somehow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, amoxitine said:

I have a Dell DW1703 which has the AR9485 and oddly whilst in general I only see a max Tx rate of 11Mbps when connected to all other routers I've tried so far, when I connect my home router (which is an old BT Home Hub 3.0) it's actually showing a Tx Rate of up to 72Mbps and comparatively the transfer speeds are faster (hitting 20-30Mbps from a 60-70Mbps connection) rather than the 1-5Mbps I would get when connected to other WiFi routers.

 

Not sure why or what my hub is doing differently to get these increased speeds, but I thought I'd mention that it would appear the 11Mbps Tx 'limit' on the AR9485 can be broken somehow. 

 

I have personally never had any speed issues with my AR9485. Speed tests show speeds of up to 50Mbps (limit of my ISP plan).

 

I'm using a patched Airport kext (without Lilu, Injectors, or Fixup).

 

What are you using to get your card to work? (What kexts, where installed, DSDT or Clover patches). I really wanna switch to ath9kFixup but could never get it to work.

 

Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, athlonreg said:

Hi everyone here,  today i driver my ar9565 wireless adaptor in macOS Mojave successfully, and i has commit the pull requests, https://github.com/chunnann/ATH9KFixup/pull/6

and there are the drivers i am usingATH9K-10.14.zip

You can install atherosairport40 to /system/library/extensions/io80211family.kext/contents/plugins,install lilu and ath9kfixup to clover, good luck for you

463f706e754bec57.thumb.jpg.8a77c18a672906c3bac04357de94bb95.jpg

 

Thanks for help me, it work very well in mojave !!

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 16.42.43.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dr. Hurt said:

 

I have personally never had any speed issues with my AR9485. Speed tests show speeds of up to 50Mbps (limit of my ISP plan).

 

I'm using a patched Airport kext (without Lilu, Injectors, or Fixup).

 

What are you using to get your card to work? (What kexts, where installed, DSDT or Clover patches). I really wanna switch to ath9kFixup but could never get it to work.

 

Thanks in advance!!

 

Hi Doc,

 

I'm using a combo of the patched Airport kext, with Lilu and the ath9k/Inject/Fixup kexts installed in Clover / Other and then using the -ath9485 boot param in config. No DSDT patches in relation to that AFAIK, but where I've had help from other people over the last month, a patch might have snuck in there but probably unlikely.

 

Would really like to crank the speed up so I'm curious as to why you're getting better transfer speeds and I'm not, perhaps it's where I am using the arth9k stuff that is actually causing the speed issues? Might try disabling that to see if that does indeed work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, amoxitine said:

 

Hi Doc,

 

I'm using a combo of the patched Airport kext, with Lilu and the ath9k/Inject/Fixup kexts installed in Clover / Other and then using the -ath9485 boot param in config. No DSDT patches in relation to that AFAIK, but where I've had help from other people over the last month, a patch might have snuck in there but probably unlikely.

 

Would really like to crank the speed up so I'm curious as to why you're getting better transfer speeds and I'm not, perhaps it's where I am using the arth9k stuff that is actually causing the speed issues? Might try disabling that to see if that does indeed work.

 

Attached is the kext I'm using. It works without any additional patches whatsoever... 

 

Backup, then install inside IO80211 kext plugins folder.

 

Also, remove all additional patches/kexts you have. (ath9k kext, -ath9485 boot flag, other injector kexts or clover injections). 

 

That aside, I wish I could use ath9k and lilu to be able to use latest untouched apple kexts. And to avoid installing patched kexts to system partition. But sadly, I never managed to get it to work...

 

 

9485.zip

Edited by Dr. Hurt
upload file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 7:51 AM, amoxitine said:

I have a Dell DW1703 which has the AR9485 and oddly whilst in general I only see a max Tx rate of 11Mbps when connected to all other routers I've tried so far, when I connect my home router (which is an old BT Home Hub 3.0) it's actually showing a Tx Rate of up to 72Mbps and comparatively the transfer speeds are faster (hitting 20-30Mbps from a 60-70Mbps connection) rather than the 1-5Mbps I would get when connected to other WiFi routers.

 

Not sure why or what my hub is doing differently to get these increased speeds, but I thought I'd mention that it would appear the 11Mbps Tx 'limit' on the AR9485 can be broken somehow. 

My AR9565 will also encounter the same problem, that is, when connecting to some routers, the Tx rate is only 11Mbps. But some routers are normal again, with a Tx rate of 72Mbps. There may be some problems with the NIC driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/15/2018 at 5:12 AM, zainanjum100 said:

Hi . Doc , 

Would you please help me fix my wifi (AR9565)

i tried so many things but nothing seems to work it shows "Looking for Networks"

I'm using Mojave 10.14 and have same problem "still looking for networks"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi to all i have issue to use ar9462 on Mojave...System not recognise wifi card...

All work perfect in High Sierra...

Someone can helpme to make work in Mojave??

Thank in advance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 12:00 PM, chunnann said:

Here are the v21. It's a patched version so please don't use it with KextsToPatch because it might not work...

 

For AR9485 & AR9565, Tx Rate is still limited to 11Mbps maximum...

 
Patched kexts: (10.13.x only)
AR946X.10.13.v21.zip (AR9462 & AR9463)

 

Patched kexts: (10.12.x only)

AR946X.10.12.v21.zip (AR9462 & AR9463)

 

Patched kexts: (10.11.x only)

AR946X.10.11.v21.zip (AR9462 & AR9463)

 

Patched kexts: (10.10.x only)

AR946X.10.10.v21.zip (AR9462 & AR9463)

 

Patched kexts: (10.9.x only)

AR946X.10.9.v21.zip (AR9462 & AR9463)

AR9485.10.9.v21.zip

AR9565.10.9.v21.zip

 

ATH9KFixup: (source code only)
ATH9KFixup-1.1.0.zip (Added High Sierra compatibility)

Could you please update for Mojave? my card is DW1707 (QCA9565/AR9565) pci168c:0036

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2018 at 1:57 AM, oopsgeneration88 said:

Use This

 

https://github.com/black-dragon74/ATH9KFixup/releases

 

Remove patched kexts & kextstopatch & also fakeid in clover config & it will work from sierra to mojave

unfortunately something is not correct.

I have installed this kexts and nothing happened. 

 

which airportatheros40.kext should I have to install?

 

other problem... this lilu.kext unabled my intel hd graphics 520

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AirportAther40 has been removed in 10.14 (and more)

The injector nor the patched kext will work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kylon said:

AirportAther40 has been removed in 10.14 (and more)

The injector nor the patched kext will work
 

i have heard that a kext fallback to the high sierra  10.13.4 version of IO80211Family will make it to work on moajve with also the addiction of the patched atheros40 kext for unsupported cards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ve just tried to revert io80211 to 10.13.6 (i don t have 13.4) and it is still not working

The patched kext is too old, the injector will work if it can find the kext to patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kylon said:

I ve just tried to revert io80211 to 10.13.6 (i don t have 13.4) and it is still not working

The patched kext is too old, the injector will work if it can find the kext to patch.

 

the opatched kexts works up to 10.13.4 if i remeber correcly, maybe i have it somewhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok bro! my atheros 9462 has worked in mojave final release. But sometimes my mac is hang, on touchpad double click identified by single click.. Whats wrong in my laptop? BTW, when i replace card to 9485 it work perfect even speed as not like 9462.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ATH9KFixup was updated to work with Mojave (check github).

 

Some people working on it so maybe ask them to post the base kexts they are using to apply the patch + working dependencies.

 

The code found in kern_ath9xxx.h might be updated on linux sources (rx/tx issues, etc).

 

Glad to see this old driver still alive :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 12:48 AM, ReddestDream said:

 

OS X 10.11.5 (15F34)

 

That's what it's been tested on . . .

How I install the kext for Atheros 9485?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 10:36 PM, black.dragon74 said:

Your setup is a mess.

SMBIOS is not generated properly.

You are using both patched AirportAtheros40 and ATH9KFixup 

No ATH9KInjector in kextcache output.

Tons of ACPI errors related to incorrect DSDT for ACPIBatteryManager. (We will fix these later)

 

Here is what you need to do:-

 

Remove AirPortAtheros40.kext from wherever you installed.

 

Remove WhateverGreen.kext (Needed only in ATI/Radeon. Your's is a laptop. Definitely not needed.)

 

Install ATH9KInjector.kext (You can download from my repo) to /System/Library/Extensions

 

Why are you using both AppleHDA and VoodooHDA (Remove either one)

 

Replace your config.plist in EFI/CLOVER with the one I am attaching. I have fixed your SMBIOS and added stuffs needed for ATH9KFixup.

 

After doing all of the above, rebuild caches and reboot.

 

Also, your ACPI tables are a mess. You might consider patching them manually. Let's first fix you Wi-Fi issue and then I'll help you tune up your hack

 

P.S: Also tell me your system configuration. Does it have a discrete GPU? (If not, there are a lot of stuffs that could be removed)

 

Regards

 

Here are your patched ACPI files (Battery information will show up now)

 

I need to know your System's spec in order to carry on further with the patches.

 

Tell me full specs (If you could provide a link to your Laptop's product page, that would be best)

 

Download the attached zip file and place it in CLOVER/ACPI/patched

 

 

config.plist.zip

ACPI_Nancy1.zip

Hello I Have Dell Inspiron 15 7579 ATHEROS AR9565 I TRIED TO GET IT WORKING AND THE ONLY WAY I GET IT TO WORK IS THAT I USED ACPI_Nancy1.zip but In that time keyboard and mouse are not working I'll attach my dsdt and config.plist

https://www.dell.com/support/home/iq/en/iqbsdt1/product-support/product/inspiron-15-7579-2-in-1-laptop/manuals

please help me 

Regards.....

ACPI.zip

config.plist.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×