Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sachin7788

El Capitan MBR installer boot Still awaiting for root device

3 posts in this topic

Hi, 

I have prepared the USB installer using 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/426-el-capitan-mbr-patch/

And now when boot using all the combinations of boot flag ( USBBusFix=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v -x -f IGPEnabler=No, GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000) 

Each time it gets stuck at 

Still waiting for the root device

Please help, Does below would help

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

thanks

Sachin 

Advertisement

Hi, 

Thanks for replying. 

There was a USB mouse receiver connected at same time when booted from the USB installer.

When it was removed and booted from USB then it moved further and got stuck at kernel panic at es.Osx86.Driver.EvOreboot

I would close this post.

thanks

Sachin 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheAngryYeti
      First, my build:

Asus ROG Strix H370-I mobo
      i5 8400 cpu
      32gb ddr 4 2133
      1tb samsung evo 860 ssd

Ive finally gotten to the point where the installation of HS loads to the language selection screen, but then i lose all usage of every USB port.

Im at a loss of what to do from here.

According to others, i have the proper files in the kexts/other folder as well as the drivers64UEFI folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do? Im getting kinda desperate as ive been at it for a week now and this is as far as ive gotten.

-Sin

• By TheAngryYeti
      So I FINALLY got my High Sierra thumb drive to boot and once I got to the language selection screen, I noticed I lost all connectivity to my keyboard and mouse.

i tried plugging in both into all of my USB ports (2.0, 3.0, 3.1) to no avail.

i made sure I had the latest USBInject kext and XHCI-Unsupported kext in the Other folder.

i also noticed whilst troubleshooting, the thumb drive will ONLY boot using Verbose and plugged into one of the 2 3.1 ports.

does anyone have ANY suggestions?? I’ve been struggling for a week now on this!!

thanks in advance

-Sin

Build: Asus ROG Strix H370-I, i5 8400, 32Gb ddr 4 2133, 1Tb Samsung EVO 860 ssd
    • By osxone
      Breaks out my shield and gets ready for the flac

I deleted a line out of the root which was associated with my Bluetooth device
      sadly like all things I now realize I shouldn't have done that tried to find the deleted line and well, was not able to.
      I now have no Bluetooth devices even when I plug in different usb Bluetooth dongles.
      so my question to those with more  wisdom is :- is it possible to extract the missing line from the Mojave installer and re install it
      or is it a re install only?
      I am not too concerned if it is a re install, we all learn and even an old git like me still learns. I did try x code Bluetooth to re install that way
      but for some reason it did not work.
      remember go easy you will be an old git one day
      thanks and waits for the stick
      osxone
    • By djamiirr
      Hello Guys. I have macOS High Sierra installed on my Lenovo g50-80 laptop. At the beginning, everything was working fine, but recently, usb ports stops working suddenly sometimes when i replug usb device, wake up from sleep or by himself (no action) and the only solution is to reboot. lsusb shows that device still plugged when i remove it. I have USBInjectAll.kext in /S/L/E. how can i identify the problem? And thanks.
    • By valueimagery
      Hey Everybody,

I was hoping that the recently released BIOS update for the ASUS Maximus X Code (version 1801) would resolve my two remaining issues of sleep/ USB 3.1 drives ejecting from the ASMEDIA controller.

I have a seperate thread here describing the problem in detail:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/337048-almost-successful-asus-maximus-x-code-i7-8700k-amd-rx-580/

As of yet it the update hasn't resolved the issue.  But could someone clarify if a new DSDT.aml file is needed once upgrading a motherboard's BIOS?

I am currently using the one from this thread:

I've already created a working SSDT file for my 15 USB ports, this is more in relation to the ASMEDIA 3.1 ports and sleep not working.

Cheers,
      Shark