Dell Dimension e310 & JaS 10.4.7

glaceau

3 posts in this topic

Well I have finally installed JaS 10.4.7 on a Dell Dimension E310. I can only get it to work with SSE2 and not with SSE3 for any version past the Marklar. Updated my BIOS, did nothing to fix that. Settled for the 10.4.7 SSE2 because it works great and everything works (minus the audio.) 10.4.8 update did not work for SSE2, well it did boot but I could not mount any DMG files or open Disk Utility after installing that patch. Just wanted to let other E310 install hopefullees know that it does work great if you use the JaS 10.4.7 Repack, installing with SSE2 and the GMA900 files, X11 and the Combo update, no printers and no languages. I experienced some strange issues with other releases and this one seems to work best. The only issue I am having still is the audio. I am not sure if the E310 has a Sigmatel 9220 or 9223. Does anyone know? And does anyone know how I can get it to work? I read some of the other forums but they all seem to leave steps out or discuss this in a way that I can't understand. Wish someone would make a 9223 patch like the 9220 that comes on the DVD. anyone out there know how to help me? Thanks.

Well I have finally installed JaS 10.4.7 on a Dell Dimension E310. I can only get it to work with SSE2 and not with SSE3 for any version past the Marklar. Updated my BIOS, did nothing to fix that. Settled for the 10.4.7 SSE2 because it works great and everything works (minus the audio.) 10.4.8 update did not work for SSE2, well it did boot but I could not mount any DMG files or open Disk Utility after installing that patch. Just wanted to let other E310 install hopefullees know that it does work great if you use the JaS 10.4.7 Repack, installing with SSE2 and the GMA900 files, X11 and the Combo update, no printers and no languages. I experienced some strange issues with other releases and this one seems to work best. The only issue I am having still is the audio. I am not sure if the E310 has a Sigmatel 9220 or 9223. Does anyone know? And does anyone know how I can get it to work? I read some of the other forums but they all seem to leave steps out or discuss this in a way that I can't understand. Wish someone would make a 9223 patch like the 9220 that comes on the DVD. anyone out there know how to help me? Thanks.

I'll add that to the list for my next release :)

Is there anything I can do about this in the meantime. I have read the other threads but found them kind of confusing... Im dying to get the audio sorted out, then im not going to touch my install again :) too many days of reinstalling various OSxes for me to deal with. Your repack works great JaS. Im not going to eff with the 10.4.8 for now. Can someone post any detailed instructions for the 9223 audio? some say disable this extension or that one and then go to the terminal... i dont know how to do any of that :)