vit9696

AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

4,711 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I don't ask about internal microphone,, my question above is about Internal Speaker, Headphone and External mic.

Did your notebook use combol jack or separate jack for External Mic and Headphone???

What do you mean by Volume Control not working? Where? There is no volume control or something else? WRite it in detail

I'm sorry, my laptop uses combol jack for External Mic and Headphone. I tried it with apple headphones from iphone which have volume control buttons. Sound from headphones works, microphone does not.

Advertisement

@vit9696 Is it possible AppleALC add new feature like CodecCommander.kext??? Some codec need SET_COEF_INDEX and SET_PROC_COEF, and to set this we need CodecCommander.kext in L/E and set custom command from DSDT/SSDT or edit plist of CodecCommander.kext

New Asus Laptop with ALC294 need COEF_INDEX and PROC_COEF to activate internal speaker. It will be great if AppleALC.kext can merge CodecCommander.kext feature to AppleALC.kext.

Posted (edited)
On 8/13/2019 at 2:10 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

@vit9696 Is it possible AppleALC add new feature like CodecCommander.kext??? Some codec need SET_COEF_INDEX and SET_PROC_COEF, and to set this we need CodecCommander.kext in L/E and set custom command from DSDT/SSDT or edit plist of CodecCommander.kext

New Asus Laptop with ALC294 need COEF_INDEX and PROC_COEF to activate internal speaker. It will be great if AppleALC.kext can merge CodecCommander.kext feature to AppleALC.kext.

I want to know this too. I have been working with @insanelyDeepak in seeing of a way to incorporate COEF values to make Line In to work on external headset when plugged into the combo jack, but haven't found a way yet. Yes there is the combo jack application, but preferably if things can be integrated without having to use another application, it will help in future updates if combo jack stops being maintained and will be more cleaner. Here is my laptops Realtek ALC256 codec_dump in case anything helps. If people need what values the ALC256 uses for the COEF, the Combojack source has it, same with the Linux source of the Realtek Tables. I know codecs without needing CodecCommander can do this so it should be possible, I just am not any good in coding to figure it out.

codec_dump.txt

Edited by Andrw0380

Dell Inspiron 5370, ALC3254 (aka ALC295). Layout id 13,15,28,77 working. Unfortunately the combojack is not working as expected. I can't hear anything or I hear the sound like as distorted. Is there any fix? I've tried to use CodecCommander + hda-verb but if I don't use "hda-verb 0x19 0x707 0x20" I can't fix the combojack. Can it be fixed?

Hello there!

I seem to be unable to get my ALC256 to work reliably under OSX 10.14.6
My laptop is a 2018 Huawei MateBook D 15.6" (I know there was a fix before, but layout ID 22 doesn't do anything for me, sound breaks completely.)

It seems like layout-id 13 works best on my machine, even though pretty much all of them work, except 56 and 57.

The issue i keep having is:
After sleep, if i had sound on, it resumes playing until i stop it. And no sound after i stop that. Sound just completely breaks after sleep. Tried with codeccommander to set the powerstates or read them, always just get 0xfffffffff back.
Also already tried the ALC256 SSDT, sadly doesnt help either. I cant get sound to work after sleep.

Any idea?
Ill attach the IOReg and a Codec dump.

Thanks in advance.

codec.dmp

Nevonesss MacBook Pro.ioreg

Posted (edited)

Hi, when I insert the jack after having started the sound from the speakers you can hear them well in the headphones but when I remove the jack you can hear the crackling sound from the speakers, even though I have changed the audio layout.

My codec audio is ALC294

I try to install the kext codeccommander in L/E and hda-verb in usr/bin and i try in terminal this procedure

hda-verb 0x12 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x13 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x14 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x15 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x16 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x17 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x18 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x19 0x707 0x20
hda-verb 0x1A 0x707 0x00
hda-verb 0x1B 0x707 0x20
hda-verb 0x1D 0x707 0x20
hda-verb 0x1E 0x707 0x40
hda-verb 0x1F 0x707 0x20
hda-verb 0x21 0x707 0x00

I put the earphones back on every command I put in the terminal to see if it was grainy in the speakers but I didn't solve it

please see my codec dump and tell me what are the hda-verb commands to launch

misc.zip

EFI.zip

Edited by Emanuele-1998

Posted (edited)

Hi, I've got a lenovo yoga c930 which uses alc298.  The sound is all tinny and crappy.  I've tried all the layout-id's with no improvement.  Under linux it was the same.  Using hda_analyzer.py I was able to get it working by doing this:

hda-verb 0x14 SET_CONNECT_SEL 0x0c <-- I've tried this from within osx via codec commander and it doesn't help.. guessing I need the amp turned on and the gain turned up maybe but I tried that as well with no success

hda-verb 0x02 SET_AMP_GAIN_MUTE 0x907f

hda-verb 0x02 SET_AMP_GAIN_MUTE 0xa07f

I've tried all the different ALC298 layout id's without success with AppleALC 1.4.0

Here's my ioreg dump:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e58f8xku2kjbu6b/ioreg.ioreg?dl=0

And I've attached my codec dump from within linux.

codec

Edited by elvisior
making sure the codec is the right file

Posted (edited)

Hi Guys,

I recently read @InsanelyDeepak's guide on patching the combo jack on laptops ...

https://osxlatitude.com/forums/topic/11316-how-to-fix-static-noisedistortioncrackling-sound-and-combo-jack-on-laptops/

Its a great guide and one of the best I've seen so far on the topic.

Towards the end of the guide he states the hollowing :-

latest version of AppleALC has feature to send command to codecs like CodecCommander , you can modify AppleALC info.plist to stop using CodecCommander

I've looked at the AppleALC documentation and can find no mention of this feature and can't find any examples of it on-line.

In his guide he gives the following as an example of a custom command (using hda-verb terminal command or via codec-commander)

hda-verb 0x1a SET_PIN_WIDGET_CONTROL 0x20

How would one do this via AppleALC ?

I did ask the same question on that forum/thread but no answer so far ....

Cheers

Jay

Edited by jaymonkey

Hello!

I am unable to see HDMI audio output from my mackintosh to my Nvidia 1070ti driven display with AppleALC, and WhateverGreen and Lilu.

I have generated and attached the debug zip required and would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

debug_28806.zip

Hi,

I'm also interested by ALC215 using HP x360 830 G5. I can do some testing too.

Thanks & Regards,

fboutevi

All working perfectly ! Thanks @vit9696 - laptop's never sounded so good 

I'm guessing that to get HDMI Sound working this AppleALC isn't what I need to use, right?

Just for the record:

218779609_Screenshot2019-09-07at13_36_51.png.1d5499782d5f0423351021aacc6e9edc.png