vit9696

AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

4,448 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2019 at 6:23 PM, Shasoosh said:

Hey, using Mojave 10.14.4 & ALC1220-VB (Z390 Aorus Ultra)

my headphones connected to the front audio jack and speakers connected to the back audio jack.

My headphones and Internal speakers use the same output when opening the Audio menubar.

If my headphones are connected sounds works only through the headphones using the "Headphones" output. If I remove the headphones connector, the headphones output is changing to "Internal speakers". Selecting it will output audio through the speakers.

I'd like to be able to switch between outputs without removing the headphones connector.

On previous setup I managed to do so by changing the layout-id. With this board, I tried all these ids: 1,2,5,7,11,13,15,16,27

And none of them helped.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Anyone can help with compiling a version that supports this?

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

@Shasoosh

layout-id 16 is for Gigabyte Z390 and ASRock Z390
does this work with you in the SwitchMode (outputs) and the inputs too???
If so, then I can configure you ManualMode.

@DoZe

please make codec dump with LinuxLive (for example Ubuntu)

Terminal command:

cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c/\/*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f//\//-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump
Edited by MacPeet

20 hours ago, MacPeet said:

@Shasoosh

layout-id 16 is for Gigabyte Z390 and ASRock Z390
does this work with you in the SwitchMode (outputs) and the inputs too???
If so, then I can configure you ManualMode.

Thanks for the reply. 16 shows Headphones regardless if headphones are connected and if selected, will always play sound through the speakers. Also, Mic doesn't work with 16.

Posted (edited)

So @vit9696, et al....

With a Radeon VII, the latest AppleALC, Lilu and WhateverGreen on an Asus X299 Prime Deluxe, I am getting crackling audio.  Audio is almost completely unusable in ProTools (stops, starts, stops, etc, etc).  I tried all of the available device ids (1,2,5,7 and some others, just to experiment).  When the Radeon VII (Sapphire) is replaced with a Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64, no issues.  Clover is 4924.    The audio chip on this motherboard is a Realtek S1220A.

Any thoughts?  Anyone else report this to you?

Edited by meaganmargaret

On 4/27/2019 at 12:39 PM, osamazhar said:

Hi,

I am facing the same problem with Audio. Audio is not detected sometimes (actually com.apple.driver.AppleHDA and com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController are loaded all the times but not com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver). While if I use AppleALC 1.3.4, audio comes all the times "on a successful boot". The problem with AppleALC 1.3.4 is that sometimes my boot hangs (I couldn't see any specific error in verbose mode) and then I have to force shutdown the laptop and boot OSX again. Sometimes it is booted in one go, and sometimes two go. Version above AppleALC 1.3.4 (that include all 1.3.5, 6 and 7) the system boots all the times but then audio is not detected sometimes. 

Currently I have AppleALC 1.3.4 and Lilu latest. I have built, AppleALC, AirportBrcmFixup and Whatevergreen from source using Lilu 1.3.5 (the latest one). I tried using Lilu official built, and tried building Lilu also from source. Same results. I attach herewith the debug files from my computer. Please help.

debug_26817.zip

Can somebody help me with this? I have moved to VirtualSMC (and its sensors, thought may be it is related to ACPI battery kext because I suspect that boot hanged when charging state was changed (from plugged-in to on battery)) but boot is now hanging more frequently. I am using VoodooI2C for my trackpad. With VirtualSMC I see the trackpad works better than with FakeSMC and its kexts. But this audio problem and boot hangs is really bothering. 

Posted (edited)

@Shasoosh

I can not give the changed ID 1 to the release. The original ID 1 in SwitchMode is not developed by me. This was just a try.
I can bring a new ID to the release.

Try this with ID28:

trial2_AppleALC.kext_ID28.zip

If it works, then I can release LayoutID 28 - ALC1220 for Z390 Aorus Ultra - Output SP/HP manual mode.

Edited by MacPeet

Hi everyone! I'm new to this and quite confused. I have a ASUS VIVOBOOK N580VD and I'm not sure what codec it used or which files I need.

I read: An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-in's but I guess I'm too much of an idiot haha. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be highly appreciated!

Motherboard:X580VD
CPU: i7-7700HQ (Kaby Lake FCBGA-1440)
GPU: Intel HD630 / GTX1050 (2GB)
RAM: 16GB (Samsung M47A1K43CB1-CRC DDR4 2x8GB PC4 2400T SA1-11)
SSD: 256GB Micron 1100 M.2 (MTFDDAV256TBM)
SSHD: 2TB FireCuda (ST2000LX001)
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168
WIFI: Intel 8265NGW M.2 (Needs to be replaced)

Built-in Display: B156HAN06.1 (q8-@X,E)

Audio: Haven't figured that out yet.

anyone know what layout-id I should use with AppleALC  for  HD Audio, Realtek® ALC3245 codec   on ThinkPad 460P ?

7 hours ago, Denisuu said:

Hi everyone! I'm new to this and quite confused. I have a ASUS VIVOBOOK N580VD and I'm not sure what codec it used or which files I need.

I read: An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-in's but I guess I'm too much of an idiot haha. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be highly appreciated!

Motherboard:X580VD
CPU: i7-7700HQ (Kaby Lake FCBGA-1440)
GPU: Intel HD630 / GTX1050 (2GB)
RAM: 16GB (Samsung M47A1K43CB1-CRC DDR4 2x8GB PC4 2400T SA1-11)
SSD: 256GB Micron 1100 M.2 (MTFDDAV256TBM)
SSHD: 2TB FireCuda (ST2000LX001)
Ethernet: Realtek RTL8168
WIFI: Intel 8265NGW M.2 (Needs to be replaced)

Built-in Display: B156HAN06.1 (q8-@X,E)

Audio: Haven't figured that out yet.

1 minute ago, bingo_jake said:

anyone know what layout-id I should use with AppleALC  for  HD Audio, Realtek® ALC3245 codec   on ThinkPad 460P ?

Look here: https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9788

hello @vandroiy2012

I have a new codec. (If desired by @Shasoosh a ManualMode version)

ALC1220 - LayoutID 28 (1C) for Z390 Aorus Ultra - Output SP/HP Manualmode

new_Resources.zip

can you please added the new codec?

many thanks

@vit9696 can you add some patch to HDA Controller of WhiskeyLake notebook??? HDEF's device is is 0x9DC8.

I need FakePCIID.kext and Fake_PCIID Intel HDMI.kext to spoof this Controller to work with AppleALC.kext. I attach the IOREG.
image.thumb.png.88a48c385965084d4c210fcf46e1da79.png

Hi @vit9696 and @vandroiy2012 i make commit in here https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/pull/404

I Fix may typo pin config for ALC294, and i add HDA Controller patch for Intel WhiskeyLake Notebook,, device id of HDEF in WhiskeyLake notebook is 0x9DC8. I make controller patch for it. And i test it and working in WhiskeyLake notebook. No Need FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_INTEl HDMI.kext anymore :)

22 hours ago, bingo_jake said:

so if ALC3245 is the same as ALC293 - then I recommend layout id 28 (0x1C) -- check out the guide/group supportr for Lenovo T460/T470 family of laptops in my signature.

Hello, I could get sound on my hacintosh by this great solution.

Recently, i've found an issue.

On my HP EliteBook 2570p with IDT 92HD81B1X5 codec, sound output & input are working,  but when I use line-in or external mic, internal playback sound is also captured.

For example, when I record audio with an external mic and play a song by itunes, the recorded audio will include the sound played by itunes.

I investigated some information about customization of AppleALC and tried to make any custom layout and platform files, but I could not resolve.

During this work, I got a codec dump of my device and found that there is a audio mixer node which will control playback mic and line.
So if I could modify that behavior, I might resolve my issue.

Is there any method to do that? 

Or is there any other solution?

The attached is my codec dump

hp_codec#0.txt

Hello,

I am posting in this thread on toleda's recomandation, i am trying to fix non working sound on my hackintosh build. I have the following error in debug:

2019-04-24 10:10:46.523786+0300  localhost kernel[0]: (Lilu) AppleALC:     alc @ (DBG) failed to find a suitable codec, we have nothing to do

1. Device description:

computer - Asus ET2323 All in One
bios ver - 0604
processor - i5200u
graphics - intel hd graphics 5500

2. Codec name - ALC887

|   "IOHDACodecVendorID" = 0x10ec0887

3. No output devices found, tried Audio Inject 1, 2, 3, 99 with ResetHDA checked.

4. Tried on MacOs 10.14.3 and 10.14.4

5. Cannot download the requested utility as it is not available anymore, I attach here .ioreg, current config.plist together with the debug terminal output.

Kind regards,

Adrian

Archive.zip

On 5/10/2019 at 12:01 PM, adrianmihai83 said:

3. No output devices found, tried Audio Inject 1, 2, 3, 99 with ResetHDA checked.

Layout 3 is not injected in your ioreg

Posted (edited)

I have this weird issue where the audio of the device switches to a single channel (left side or right) when I connect my headphones. Initially the sound will play clear and loud but then it switches (a click sound) to low quality single channel audio. I can hear the music but not the vocals (and vice versa). Reconnecting the headphones do not help. Also, I do not face this issue on my internal speaker and HDMI audio.

Another thing that I noticed is that it tends to work fine when connected to the charger, but on battery it switches. 

I have attached a debug zip with some outputs. Please let me know if I need to attach any other files here.

1. Laptop model: Lenovo B40-70 (i3 - 4005U with 12GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM)
2. Codec: ALC 235 
3. Currently using Layout Id: 28 (layout 3 gives me low audio output)
4. OS X version: Mojave 10.14.4 (Vanilla installation)
5. Autogenerated Info.plist made with the help of this utility. -> Unable to get this utility

Edit: I found a fix for the issue. I had to use ALC Plug Fix.

Edited by Evander
Found a fix for my issue.