Jump to content
vit9696

AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

4,241 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, headkaze said:

Do you know where the Address value stored in a Voodoo dump? In Linux dump it's the second line called "Address: " but I can't find anything equivalent. Also what does the "Headphone Mic Boost Volume" entry look like in Voodoo?

this address?

Linux

Codec: Realtek ALC3266
Address: 0

 

Voodoo

Probing codec #0...
 HDA Codec #0: Analog Devices AD1988B

 

I did not see Headphone Mic in Voodoo

maybe there isnt

I think Voodoo uses Mic + HP out instead of Combo headset
 

Edited by Rodion2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

Hello dear @vit9696 , @Andres ZeroCross , @headkaze and @vandroiy2012

 

I have three Codec Dumps :) Could you add in the AppleALC please???

 

1) Creative Sound Blaster Z

2) IDT 92HD73E1X5 (Motherboard)

3) NVIDIA GPU 84 HDMI-DP (GTX 1060)

 

Thanks a lot, have a wonderful day :D !!!

 

Codecs Dump (BlackPilot).zip

 

HP Formosa Motherboard (https://support.hp.com/lt-en/document/c03132942)

macOS 10.13.6

 

Edited by BlackPilot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rodion2010 said:

are you sure it is a good idea?

it makes no difference in most cases

but vendor defined codec configuration seems more reasonable than "looks good"

 

more

the second value (P) is used in multichannel configurations to detect speakers

10 front or stereo

11 center and subwoofer

12 surround

14 surround for 7.1

i am not sure if it is really used by Apple in Audio/Midi multiSpeakers Setup

but there is no reason to delete it by default fro all users

 

PS to previous comment

maybe it will be good solution for all

two separate buttons

"Apply Fix"

and

"Rearrange Groups to 1 2 3 4 5 6 for those who want this"

yes i have ALC887 with me no difference notice but guide all over says it must be in 1,2,3,4, order 

 

Quote

the second value (P) is used in multichannel configurations to detect speakers

correct, P is always 0 

Edited by insanelyDeepak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wern apfel said:

I've  never really taken care of the pin configuration, in most cases it works with the default config, even the external microphone has been working here for years. See here and here.

Just for fun, add the CA0132 pin config from the AppleALC resources to the PinConfigurator and se the result.:o

 

Also see some optical glitches on HiDPI mode.

 

 

probably Realtek Codec are exception , i never had luck like that always have override pincofig + pathmaps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi. all

 

i have replaced my old GeForce 9500GT with GTX 650 for installing Mojave. My rig info is in my signature.

 

Installed Mojave and it runs cool but audio through HDMI does not work when connecting to TV. Same with High Sierra.

Old card was working and it had a cable connecting the card to S/PDIF out header on mainboard.

new card does not have such a thing. So i guess it is made to work without that S/PDIF cable.

 

i have read somewhere that WhateverGreen.kext should fix HDMI audio problem and downloaded and installed it into /Library/Extension/ then fixed permission with Kext Utility.

 

Rebooted and see  WhateverGreen.kext is loaded. still no audio through HDMI.

   17    2 0xffffff7f80f7d000 0x22000    0x22000    as.vit9696.Lilu (1.3.1) 2BA44B2C-289E-39B7-A92B-C28291D5FC26 <8 6 5 3 2 1>
   18    0 0xffffff7f80f9f000 0x64000    0x64000    as.vit9696.WhateverGreen (1.2.6) 073AC103-5807-3374-8D23-F98A0975D391 <17 13 8 6 5 3 2 1>
   19    0 0xffffff7f81016000 0xea000    0xea000    as.vit9696.AppleALC (1.3.4) 5A1678E9-EEB8-3646-9244-5B589288D960 <17 13 8 6 5 3 2 1>

 

i'm using Lilu + AppleALC and my audio is working except HDMI.

Please find attached file includes screenshots of sound output settings, system information audio and ioreg file and config.plist of clover.

Help me please.

 

thanks.

 

 

attachment.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, headkaze said:

Do you know where the Address value stored in a Voodoo dump? In Linux dump it's the second line called "Address: " but I can't find anything equivalent. Also what does the "Headphone Mic Boost Volume" entry look like in Voodoo?

voodoo didn't recognize it yet 

 

VoodooHDAdump.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 10:00 AM, Deki said:

Can't understand the language ther sir, used translator but the language is confusing, all i get from that link is to remove realtek driver in windows and use microsoft driver, but if i do that the sound is really bad and distorted, i hope anyone here have a solution for me :)

Сheck this AppleALC after windows. AppleALC.kext.zip layout 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with CX8200 chipset was solved with the help of Andres ZeroCross, by changing the layout-id to 21.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @Rodion2010 @insanelyDeepak and others. I have made significant progress with Pin Configurator. Currently you can import from IORegistry and import/export to PinConfigs.kext.

 

@ctich has given me info on how I can automate the process some more. I'm looking for the source code to GetDumpXML. From what I understand it's written by @Alejandro. It would be nice to integrate it directly rather than calling the utility externally.

 

EDIT @ctich is going to contact @Alejandro and get back to me :)

PinConfigImportIOReg.png

PinConfigImportPinConfigsKext.png

Edited by headkaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pin Configurator v2.0.3 Released

- Added Import / Export PinConfigs.kext
- Added Import IORegistry pin configuration
- Added Export verbs.txt

 

Download from here

 

You now use the File menu to Open / Import / Export files. Please give feedback on the progress so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 5:41 AM, insanelyDeepak said:

also you add option to export text file like verbs.txt , so it will easy compare if app fails sometimes

Added Export verbs.txt as per your request, although slightly different format to verbit

 

Eg.

Verbs from Linux Codec Dump File: Rodion2010.txt

Codec: Realtek ALC861   Address: 2   DevID: 283904097 (0x10ec0861)

Nid       PinDefault     Device             Location    Port               Connector           Color     G  P  EAPD  Original Verbs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 (0x0b) 01014010   Out Line Out           Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Green     1  0  -     20b71c10 20b71d40 20b71e01 20b71f01
12 (0x0c) 01813430   In  Line In            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      3  0  -     20c71c30 20c71d34 20c71e81 20c71f01
13 (0x0d) 01a19c3e   In  Microphone         Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Pink      3  14 -     20d71c3e 20d71d9c 20d71ea1 20d71f01
14 (0x0e) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     20e71cf0 20e71d11 20e71e11 20e71f41
15 (0x0f) 02013420   Out Line Out           Front       Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      2  0  -     20f71c20 20f71d34 20f71e01 20f71f02
16 (0x10) 02a19c40   In  Microphone         Front       Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Pink      4  0  -     21071c40 21071d9c 21071ea1 21071f02
17 (0x11) 99330150   Out CD                 Internal    Internal + Jack    ATAPI               Unknown   5  0  -     21171c50 21171d01 21171e33 21171f99
18 (0x12) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     21271cf0 21271d11 21271e11 21271f41
31 (0x1f) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     21f71cf0 21f71d11 21f71e11 21f71f41
32 (0x20) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     22071cf0 22071d11 22071e11 22071f41
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Nid       PinDefault     Device             Location    Port               Connector           Color     G  P  EAPD  Modified Verbs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 (0x0b) 01114010   Out Speaker            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Green     1  0  -     20b71c10 20b71d40 20b71e11 20b71f01
12 (0x0c) 01813030   In  Line In            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      3  0  -     20c71c30 20c71d30 20c71e81 20c71f01
13 (0x0d) 91a09050   In  Microphone         Rear        Internal + Jack    Unknown             Pink      5  0  -     20d71c50 20d71d90 20d71ea0 20d71f91
15 (0x0f) 01113020   Out Speaker            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      2  0  -     20f71c20 20f71d30 20f71e11 20f71f01
16 (0x10) 01809040   In  Line In            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      Unknown             Pink      4  0  -     21071c40 21071d90 21071e80 21071f01
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, headkaze said:

Added Export verbs.txt as per your request, although slightly different format to verbit

 

Eg.

 


Verbs from Linux Codec Dump File: Rodion2010.txt

Codec: Realtek ALC861   Address: 2   DevID: 283904097 (0x10ec0861)

Nid       PinDefault     Device             Location    Port               Connector           Color     G  P  EAPD  Original Verbs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 (0x0b) 01014010   Out Line Out           Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Green     1  0  -     20b71c10 20b71d40 20b71e01 20b71f01
12 (0x0c) 01813430   In  Line In            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      3  0  -     20c71c30 20c71d34 20c71e81 20c71f01
13 (0x0d) 01a19c3e   In  Microphone         Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Pink      3  14 -     20d71c3e 20d71d9c 20d71ea1 20d71f01
14 (0x0e) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     20e71cf0 20e71d11 20e71e11 20e71f41
15 (0x0f) 02013420   Out Line Out           Front       Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      2  0  -     20f71c20 20f71d34 20f71e01 20f71f02
16 (0x10) 02a19c40   In  Microphone         Front       Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Pink      4  0  -     21071c40 21071d9c 21071ea1 21071f02
17 (0x11) 99330150   Out CD                 Internal    Internal + Jack    ATAPI               Unknown   5  0  -     21171c50 21171d01 21171e33 21171f99
18 (0x12) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     21271cf0 21271d11 21271e11 21271f41
31 (0x1f) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     21f71cf0 21f71d11 21f71e11 21f71f41
32 (0x20) 411111f0   Out Speaker            Rear        Unknown[4]         1/8" Stereo/Mono    Black     15 0  -     22071cf0 22071d11 22071e11 22071f41
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Nid       PinDefault     Device             Location    Port               Connector           Color     G  P  EAPD  Modified Verbs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 (0x0b) 01114010   Out Speaker            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Green     1  0  -     20b71c10 20b71d40 20b71e11 20b71f01
12 (0x0c) 01813030   In  Line In            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      3  0  -     20c71c30 20c71d30 20c71e81 20c71f01
13 (0x0d) 91a09050   In  Microphone         Rear        Internal + Jack    Unknown             Pink      5  0  -     20d71c50 20d71d90 20d71ea0 20d71f91
15 (0x0f) 01113020   Out Speaker            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      1/8" Stereo/Mono    Blue      2  0  -     20f71c20 20f71d30 20f71e11 20f71f01
16 (0x10) 01809040   In  Line In            Rear        Jack or ATAPI      Unknown             Pink      4  0  -     21071c40 21071d90 21071e80 21071f01
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

looks better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Andres ZeroCross

 

Hello,

 

My specs:

 

Acer Aspire V3 772G

Realtek ALC282

Layouts tested : 3, 4, 13, 27, 28, 29, 76, 86, 127

Currently, 28 gives best results but not perfect

 

I don't know for sure but since I'm using 10.14.4 beta, I'm loosing audio after sleep. Everything worked fine before and I never had to use CodecCommander nor SSDT. So I tried using CodecCommander in L/E w/o success. I suspect something changed but I can't tell if it's the OS or AppleALC ALC282 resources.

 

Anyway, mic is not working well, there's noise when it's used. I don't use it often and that's why I didn't paid attention to it until now and this annoying sleep issue. Maybe there's something wrong…

 

Could you please have a look on this?

 

Thanks

 

Files

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, polyzargone said:

@Andres ZeroCross

 

Hello,

 

My specs:

 

Acer Aspire V3 772G

Realtek ALC282

Layouts tested : 3, 4, 13, 27, 28, 29, 76, 86, 127

Currently, 28 gives best results but not perfect

 

I don't know for sure but since I'm using 10.14.4 beta, I'm loosing audio after sleep. Everything worked fine before and I never had to use CodecCommander nor SSDT. So I tried using CodecCommander in L/E w/o success. I suspect something changed but I can't tell if it's the OS or AppleALC ALC282 resources.

 

Anyway, mic is not working well, there's noise when it's used. I don't use it often and that's why I didn't paid attention to it until now and this annoying sleep issue. Maybe there's something wrong…

 

Could you please have a look on this?

 

Thanks

 

Files

there is no such patch in your resources 73352071_2019-02-152_04_11.thumb.png.35e9e7f2afa84cc25659ace5d7cebb12.png

check kext. 

AppleALC.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, insanelyDeepak said:

hmmm , i don't know anything about it 

 

@Rodion2010 knows enough , is it really good ? 

 

It builds working Platforms.xml automatically

some tuning is required for autodetect, multiple speakers, multiple inputs

but it does the biggest part of job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tyufhl said:

Realtek ALC282

Layouts tested : 3, 4, 13, 27, 28, 29, 76, 86, 127

Currently, 28 gives best results but not perfect

 

I don't know for sure but since I'm using 10.14.4 beta, I'm loosing audio after sleep. Everything worked fine before and I never had to use CodecCommander nor SSDT.

 

Fixed in master.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tyufhl

 

That's a lot better!

 

Still a little background noise so if you think you can improve it again that would be great. Otherwise, it will be sufficient enough for me ;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×