vit9696

AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

4,367 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

So what do you want??? Automatic switch between Internal Mic and Internal Microphone???? 

If that is what real Macs do and only if you want and it doesn't cause to much work I'd love it :unsure: :)

Advertisement
2 hours ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

This will make automatic switch of your Internal and External Microphone 

AppleALC.kext.zip

Awesome, thank you very much!

Edited by an3k

10 hours ago, BlackPilot said:

Thanks bro :) But do you mean for example: Install Ubuntu and dump or in the same macOS?? :( Sorry, I don't understand :(

Dump it from Live Linux, you can dump it without install linux. Just use Live Linux

On 1/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

Revert back to your previous ones,, your codec and AlexAMD is same ALC256 but different layoutID. Both of you make me confuse.

Take another day,,, Alex make fast response,, so i will help him first

AppleALC.kext.zip

Can we try again ?

Hi my friends...

I want to use AppleALC in Mojave because my old patch for ALC269VB uses layoutID = 28 and now it does not work. LayoutID=28 has been removed from AppleHDA in Mojave.
I attach my codecdump and my old patch.
Can someone add it to AppleALC with a different LayoutID to work?
Thanks in advance.

Archivo comprimido.zip

It is for MSI CX61 2PC

Edited by kali2000

6 hours ago, kali2000 said:

Hi my friends...

I want to use AppleALC in Mojave because my old patch for ALC269VB uses layoutID = 28 and now it does not work. LayoutID=28 has been removed from AppleHDA in Mojave.
I attach my codecdump and my old patch.
Can someone add it to AppleALC with a different LayoutID to work?
Thanks in advance.

Archivo comprimido.zip

It is for MSI CX61 2PC

It is considered in AppleALC, you can use any layoutID, but inject there will be layoutID 7

Use the last version AppleALC.

Hello everyone! after some trials and errors i've succeded in get audio working wit14.2 mojave with my alc292(thinkpad x240) and layout id 28. everything is working also with sleep and everything. The problem is that audio is far too low to be usefull. Almost half than normal. I imported the code in xcode and i can successfully compile and modify it. Is there any value that can be increased to get a louder audio???? I also should point out that I have CodecCommander installed as well.

Thanks for the attention

Edited by rochi

38 minutes ago, rochi said:

Hello everyone! after some trials and errors i've succeded in get audio working wit14.2 mojave with my alc292(thinkpad x240) and layout id 28. everything is working also with sleep and everything. The problem is that audio is far too low to be usefull. Almost half than normal. I imported the code in xcode and i can successfully compile and modify it. Is there any value that can be increased to get a louder audio???? I also should point out that I have CodecCommander installed as well.

Thanks for the attention

I’m in same boat. Works too low, but no sound in earpad. I’m using VoodooHDA 2.9.0V10 until I can fix it. My is ThinkPad L440, ALC292 too...

Voodoohda to me got right volume but couldn't use audio after sleep. That's why I switched to applealc

Used but BTW headphones wouldn't work..... Is there any way to contact the main developer just to ask if is there any increasable value to boost volume?

3 hours ago, rochi said:

Used but BTW headphones wouldn't work..... Is there any way to contact the main developer just to ask if is there any increasable value to boost volume?

After I talked to you, I did some testing with AppleALC and VoodooHDA:

AppleALC 1.34

- Internal Speaks ok.

- No headphones (internal speaks stops but no sound on headphones).

- Still working after sleep.

- Tried all codecs from ALC292 per Wiki (12, 18 and 28)

VoodooHDA 2.9.1 V12

- Internal Spekas ok, but more low than AppleALC (tried VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix = <true/>, but no success)

- Headphones ok

- Still working after sleep!

- CodecCommander.kext not needed

For me, the best option wihin now is VoodooHDA.

Make try: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Remove AppleALC.kext and put VoodooHDA.kext and "kextcache -i /"

[EDIT]

Fixed low volume! Please test attached Kext. Don't forget to remove AppleALC.kext and CodecCommander.kext (if you have).

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

Edited by ludufre
Added Kext

47 minutes ago, ludufre said:

After I talked to you, I did some testing with AppleALC and VoodooHDA:

AppleALC 1.34

- Internal Speaks ok.

- No headphones (internal speaks stops but no sound on headphones).

- Still working after sleep.

- Tried all codecs from ALC292 per Wiki (12, 18 and 28)

VoodooHDA 2.9.1 V12

- Internal Spekas ok, but more low than AppleALC (tried VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix = <true/>, but no success)

- Headphones ok

- Still working after sleep!

- CodecCommander.kext not needed

For me, the best option wihin now is VoodooHDA.

Make try: https://sourceforge.net/projects/voodoohda/

Remove AppleALC.kext and put VoodooHDA.kext and "kextcache -i /"

[EDIT]

Fixed low volume! Please test attached Kext. Don't forget to remove AppleALC.kext and CodecCommander.kext (if you have).

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

How did you fix that? BTW thanks for the tip! What about hdmi/miniDP audio? Where did you put the kext? Other? SLE? LE?

Edited by rochi

2 minutes ago, rochi said:

How did you fix that? BTW thanks for the tip! What about hdmi/miniDP audio?

Changed the property <PCM>90</PCM> to <PCM>180</PCM> inside VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

About HDMI/miniDP still a mistery! 

1 minute ago, ludufre said:

Changed the property <PCM>90</PCM> to <PCM>180</PCM> inside VoodooHDA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

About HDMI/miniDP still a mistery! 

I spent the last two days to make AppleALC work up to compiling the kext with xcode. Tried voodoohda before with sleep and headphones problem. I'm using now hdmi audio perfectly.... looks like layout id 28 is perfect. Just need to sort out that f****ng volume. Guess it would be a parameter like the one you posted!!! Just waiting someone with more knowledge than me!!!!

1 minute ago, rochi said:

I spent the last two days to make AppleALC work up to compiling the kext with xcode. Tried voodoohda before with sleep and headphones problem. I'm using now hdmi audio perfectly.... looks like layout id 28 is perfect. Just need to sort out that f****ng volume. Guess it would be a parameter like the one you posted!!! Just waiting someone with more knowledge than me!!!!

Can you share the changes you made in the AppleHDA code?

I'd rather have low volume than run out of HDMI/DP.

Your headphones works too?

1 minute ago, ludufre said:

Can you share the changes you made in the AppleHDA code?

I'd rather have low volume than run out of HDMI/DP.

Your headphones works too?

well! Any change I made didn't solve low volume problem. BTW i just set everything up to get for sure layout 28 e.g.: clover plist injected 28, the same in devices properties. It wasnt working and then I understood why!!! To install I followed a guide wich had a compiled aml and there was hardcoded the layout id. Changed this with maciasl everything was working.... except low volume problem.

Hdmi worked because I had preconfigured hdmi audio interface in my files so I just set the address there and that's it. For what it worths i can share with you my various kext, folders and everything, but keep in mind that you can potentially mess everything up.

2 minutes ago, rochi said:

well! Any change I made didn't solve low volume problem. BTW i just set everything up to get for sure layout 28 e.g.: clover plist injected 28, the same in devices properties. It wasnt working and then I understood why!!! To install I followed a guide wich had a compiled aml and there was hardcoded the layout id. Changed this with maciasl everything was working.... except low volume problem.

Hdmi worked because I had preconfigured hdmi audio interface in my files so I just set the address there and that's it. For what it worths i can share with you my various kext, folders and everything, but keep in mind that you can potentially mess everything up.

Ok. I already have hardcoded layout-id to 28 and see it in IOReg too.

I'll use only the HDMI part of you upload.

And you still have not said if the headphones work...

16 minutes ago, ludufre said:

Ok. I already have hardcoded layout-id to 28 and see it in IOReg too.

I'll use only the HDMI part of you upload.

And you still have not said if the headphones work...

Low volume in headphones but they work ( not the mic in the headphones) I'll send you my conf in pm

||edit

pm sent

Edited by rochi

On 1/22/2019 at 8:42 PM, Andres ZeroCross said:

Dump it from Live Linux, you can dump it without install linux. Just use Live Linux

Ok bro :) Thanks, I will do it very soon and I will upload it :) 

I saw that a new version of AppleALC has been released (v1.3.5 preview), so you can add the configuration of my IDT Audio Codec to the future versions (v1.3.6 , v1.3.7 , etc) :) I mean, it will be "forever" supported with AppleALC ??? :)

Hello everyone! I've tried all of layout that is listed in codec supported for alc 269, none of them worked. Layout 27 is the closest to work, because it just sound for a sec and then no sound at all. I injected the id via clover. Would patch AppleHDA manually have possibility to make my audio worked?  Any help would be appreciate, here is my spec:
Acer 4739 i370M
ALC271x
Osx 10.11.6

codec_dump.txt
edited: apparently this also happened with voodoohda, need to change format in midi audio setup, but still it works just for a sec

Edited by sleepynow_x

Hello all!

Thank you for this great kext. It made my laptop ASUS UX330UA i7 6500U 100% OsX compatible.

The only issue I have is that with AppleALC the Volume Function Keys (FN+F10/F11/F12) do not work while in previous versions of OsX (til and including High Sierra) the Volume Function Keys (FN+F10/F11/F12) were working but I used the clover AppleHDA patch method to enable audio (This is no longer an option as Apple decided to remove Layouts :( ).

So anyone can help me with some information on how to fix this issue ?

Best regards

Hi, I need help making the audio work on my Dell Inspiron 14R 5421, using the alc3221 codec (based on alc282) under macOS Mojave (10.14.3). I've tried all layout IDs and all DSDT patches that are available on Clover patches and also used some old audio patches that were made for Mavericks/Yosemite and got the audio devices detected, but not working.