Jump to content
vit9696

AppleALC — dynamic AppleHDA patching

4,390 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, an3k said:

Good morning :)

 

No headset connected:

output device -> "Internal Speakers"  -> working

input device -> none -> not working

 

Headset connected:

output device -> "Headphones"  -> working

input device -> none -> not working


Did your mic use combo jack???

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
Just now, Andres ZeroCross said:


Did your mic combo jack???

Yes, it's a single jack which supports either headphones or headset.

 

Headphones:

3.5mm_jack_plug_3_norm_svg.png.5f3d1df12797af1760038882f1c1a60b.png

 

Headset:

3.5mm_jack_plug_4i_svg.png.8cf8f3605ec409b8b8f6b02acbefdb8b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, an3k said:

again, no change. Sorry for having such a weird codec causing so much trouble.

Try this AppleALC.kext.zip

 

19 hours ago, matgeo said:

Wow. 

 

Internal speaker : ok

Internal mic : ok

External speaker : ok , even after sleep.

External mic : there is new option : linein , but not working.

 

3 things :

1) One minor problem , when sleeping there is a little noise from headphones .When waking up noise is lost and audio working ok.

2) Can we make the audio from speakers a little more loud ? If not , it is not a big thing.

 

Conclusion : what a great work you made!!!

 

5570.ioreg.zip

Hi @vandroiy2012 i make new resource of ALC256 for Dell 5570. @matgeo has been tested it.

This is the resources files, and please check this pull request https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/pull/375

 

 

AppleALC.kext.zip

codec_dump.txt

codec_dump.txt.svg

Info.plist

layout21.xml

PinConfigs.kext.zip

Platforms21.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Try this AppleALC.kext.zip

No headset connected:

output device -> "Internal Speakers"  -> working

input device -> "Internal Microphone" -> working

 

Headset connected:

output device -> "Headphones"  -> working

input device -> "Line-In" -> no working

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, an3k said:

No headset connected:

output device -> "Internal Speakers"  -> working

input device -> "Internal Microphone" -> working

 

Headset connected:

output device -> "Headphones"  -> working

input device -> "Line-In" -> no working

 

I just need to verify your Headset has built-in mic. Can you test it in Windows???
 

And i saw your first post about "Audio is too quiet". What's audio? Internal Speaker or Line in??

Edited by Andres ZeroCross

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I just need to verify your Headset has built-in mic. Can you test it in Windows???
 

And i saw your first post about "Audio is too quiet". What's audio? Internal Speaker or Line in??

I verified the headset has a microphone and that it is working. I plugged it into the PS4 and I heard audio in the headset and saw the microphone input level moving as I spoke. I have no other microphone attached.

I also connected the headset to my computer that runs Windows and it works there too.

 

With "Audio is too quiet" I mean the Internal Speaker. However I'm not 100% sure it is louder on Windows (it's a super thin laptop so not much room to generate audio).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, an3k said:

I verified the headset has a microphone and that it is working. I plugged it into the PS4 and I heard audio in the headset and saw the microphone input level moving as I spoke. I have no other microphone attached.

I also connected the headset to my computer that runs Windows and it works there too.

 

With "Audio is too quiet" I mean the Internal Speaker. However I'm not 100% sure it is louder on Windows (it's a super thin laptop so not much room to generate audio).

Please try this, and post the result

AppleALC.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Please try this, and post the result

AppleALC.kext.zip

No headset connected:

output device -> "Internal Speakers"  -> working

input device -> "Internal Microphone" -> working

input device -> "Line-In" -> not working

 

Headset connected:

output device -> "Headphones"  -> working

input device -> "Internal Microphone" -> working

input device -> "Line-In" -> not working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, an3k said:

No headset connected:

output device -> "Internal Speakers"  -> working

input device -> "Internal Microphone" -> working

input device -> "Line-In" -> not working

 

Headset connected:

output device -> "Headphones"  -> working

input device -> "Internal Microphone" -> working

input device -> "Line-In" -> not working

How about this ones?

AppleALC.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, an3k said:

exactly the same.

I think, it's all my capability :D

And i think my layout is better than 3 in AppleALC.kext (Release version). We should wait for other for improvement.

Is it good if i upload the resources files of CX8200 here? and i will upload it to Github,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

I think, it's all my capability :D

And i think my layout is better than 3 in AppleALC.kext (Release version). We should wait for other for improvement.

Is it good if i upload the resources files of CX8200 here? and i will upload it to Github,,

Thank you very much so far. You definitely helped even if it's not 100% perfect. Before the headset jack wasn't working at all. I kept every kext you sent and made notes so I know which one of the working ones is the best :) Again, thank you!

 

I would be absolutely fine with that, if you ask me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, an3k said:

Thank you very much so far. You definitely helped even if it's not 100% perfect. Before the headset jack wasn't working at all. I kept every kext you sent and made notes so I know which one of the working ones is the best :) Again, thank you!

 

I would be absolutely fine with that, if you ask me!

Hi @vandroiy2012 i made new resources of Conexant CX8200 for HP Spectre 13-V130NG. @an3k has tested it
Work : Internal Speaker, Headphone and Internal Mic
LineIn : No Reactions (Maybe must use hda-verb / codec commander to set manual pin widget control, IDK)

These are the resources files, please check this pull request https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/pull/375

AppleALC.kext.zip

codec_dump.txt

codec_dump.txt.svg

Info.plist

layout21.xml

Platforms21.xml

PinConfigs.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, an3k said:

Thank you very much so far. You definitely helped even if it's not 100% perfect. Before the headset jack wasn't working at all. I kept every kext you sent and made notes so I know which one of the working ones is the best :) Again, thank you!

 

I would be absolutely fine with that, if you ask me!

Can you put this SSDT-CX8200.aml to your Clover/ACPI/Patched,, then put CodecCommander.kext in Library/Extensions (NOT System/Library/Extensions). Then rebuilt kextcache and reboot. then check your external mic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Can you put this SSDT-CX8200.aml to your Clover/ACPI/Patched,, then put CodecCommander.kext in Library/Extensions (NOT System/Library/Extensions). Then rebuilt kextcache and reboot. then check your external mic

I re-installed Windows on the Laptop because I wanted to gather some other data (mostly CPU FrequencyVectors) but also to test the headset jack in Windows (it's the only thing we haven't tested for functionality yet). Is there anything I can do to get more data you could need?

I'll reinstall macOS later and test the above. I got all my configs, EFI, etc. so it will be the same system :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello everyone, sorry my English use the translator, 
I have a Huawei matebook D 14 " alc256, but I only hear the tweeters ..
 I tried both with the ssdt posted by you and codecommander in L / E but nothing,
 works with layout-id 5 11 13 and 56 but with all I have the problem mentioned above ....

I attach dump + ioreg + efi ..... thank you all
File huawei 

 

 

Edited by AlexAMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexAMD said:

Hello everyone, sorry my English use the translator, 
I have a Huawei matebook D 14 " alc256, but I only hear the tweeters ..
 I tried both with the ssdt posted by you and codecommander in L / E but nothing,
 works with layout-id 5 11 13 and 56 but with all I have the problem mentioned above ....

I attach dump + ioreg + efi ..... thank you all
File huawei 

 

 

With your Current LayoutID, check
1. Internal Speaker
2. Internal Microphone
3. Headphone/Headset
3. External Mic From Headset/Headphone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

Con il tuo attuale ID di layout, controlla
1. Altoparlante interno
2. Microfono interno
3. Cuffie / Auricolari
3. Microfono esterno da cuffie / cuffie

in the headphones I hear the complete audio while internal speaker only tweets no bass and medium ....

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 14.24.19.png

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 14.24.38.png

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 14.25.46.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlexAMD said:

in the headphones I hear the complete audio while internal speaker only tweets no bass and medium ....

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 14.24.19.png

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 14.24.38.png

Schermata 2019-01-21 alle 14.25.46.png

How about Internal mic dan line in from Headphone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Andres ZeroCross said:

How about Internal mic dan line in from Headphone?

The headphones line works well even if it seems with a bit of light rustling in the background, the microphone I've never used it .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlexAMD said:

The headphones line works well even if it seems with a bit of light rustling in the background, the microphone I've never used it .....

Use this,,, use LayoutID=22.

Post the result (check internal speaker, internal mic, Headphone, and external Mic) and upload your IOREG (use IORegistryExplorer.app)

AppleALC.kext.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×