installation of the vitaliy kernel

juan_cl

5 posts in this topic

how should we replace the mach_kernel and the kext that come included in the package?

sorry, if you ask this questing you better wait for detailed instructions/install dvd..

you need to apply _official_ 10.4.8 update, then replace kernel and kext with ones from archive

but I don't recommend doing this if you aren't experienced because you can corrupt your system (we all now doing tests with system on another partition before updating our main system)

sorry, if you ask this questing you better wait for detailed instructions/install dvd..

you need to apply _official_ 10.4.8 update, then replace kernel and kext with ones from archive

but I don't recommend doing this if you aren't experienced because you can corrupt your system (we all now doing tests with system on another partition before updating our main system)

I´ve done that in my 10.4.8 (Jas DELTA upgrade) and it worked.

I´ve lost CI and QE (tried to reinstall using Neopheus Installer (3.2 or 3.3) but no luck) and sound (may edit the kext again).

But I noticed everytime I try to get "about this mac" info, the Finder RESTARTS...

No problem, I will do a fresh install when a 10.4.8 full kernel DVD became avaiable.

Congrats once more Vitaliy!!!!!

Congrat's to all who have conquered 10.4.8.

Has anyone updated using Myzar 10.4.4/5 DVD, then updated to Jas .6 then Jas .7 then Jas .8 and now the newest 10.4.8 kernel?

Does updating to the new 10.4.8 kernel need to be done through Jas' DVD only.

I've tested this on multiple partitions using multiple drives and every time I install the raw 10.4.4 from the Myzar DVD, I can't boot to any of the other separate drives or partitions.

I've alsoadded the new 10.4.8 kernel and kext after updating to Jas 10.4.8 and installing the apple 10.4.8 combo over it and I get kext mod errors when it boots up.

any help appreciated

kaos