10.4.7 Stable and working but now i want to go to 10.4.8

crossbones

3 posts in this topic

So what's happened so far is that I've got everything working for the most part flawlessy on 10.4.7, I had even upgraded to 10.4.8 (earlier patch from Jas) and then it was still fine. Had everything with all the bells and whistles. Then I upgraded to the combo patch, Jas's combo patch. Then the problems started. I couldn't figure out how to do anything. I'm so unfamilar with Mac OSX that I don't know the ins and outs like windows. I follow directions well, but I'm not sure what went wrong. I booted up and i got garbled graphics, a black screen with a cursor and some graphics at the bottom. I tried that thing with the R2D2.kext but that didn't fix any

thing.

Then the problems started. I installed and removed OSX 10.4.6 9 or 10 times, each time I upgraded to 10.4.8 with the older 10.4.8 patch from Jas. It would update, but I wouldn't be able to open Safari or open MacUpdate or network to my Windows machines. Oy! Then there was patches to be able to do, but it messed up and I wasn't able to get my updates for final cut or use safari.

Here is my setup Shutle Reflexion, Pentium 4 Prescott with HT Sse3 and 2GB of Corsair XMS 3200, my video card is the 9800 pro. I'm fine on 10.4.7 for now but i would really like to go back to 10.4.8 working.

Any help on getting that latest patch to work would be awesome.

BTW, is there an easy way, either by backing up my OSX partition to an image some how to restore my entire operating system in the best state it was in before experimenting to update to the next OSX?

LAstly I want to get a core Duo2 system? Any problems you guys know of regarding that chip.

Then I upgraded to the combo patch, Jas's combo patch. Then the problems started. I couldn't figure out how to do anything. I'm so unfamilar with Mac OSX that I don't know the ins and outs like windows. I follow directions well, but I'm not sure what went wrong. I booted up and i got garbled graphics, a black screen with a cursor and some graphics at the bottom. I tried that thing with the R2D2.kext but that didn't fix any

thing.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=214435