Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kosakgroove

ACPI Renames

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I know by looking at ACPI tabled of many Mac computers and of many regular PCs that the names for devices change a lot.

I am no expert, and thus I am posting here my ACPI files so you can help me rename devices to proper names, to match a MacbookPro 11,2 because I am sure the system will work even better when it reads the ACPI data that it expects, my devices will work better.

Here they go:

ORIGINAL ASUS X550LDV ACPI TABLES

origin.zip

Mac OS X compatible ASUS X550LDV ACPI TABLES (1st laptop in signature is at 99.9% functionality)

patched.zip

I would appreciate if there is any renames that you reccommend asides from GFX0 to IGPU and B0D3 to HDAU.

Any suggestion is more than welcome. I wanna get this to be as vanilla as possible.

Advertisement

I am talking about renames like PIC to IPIC or devices on macs like MATH. 

Can you reccommend any specific renames for my ACPI tables?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kylon
      ACPI and Clover config for Acer Aspire v5-571PG

Tested on Catalina 10.15.1 and Clover EFI 5098 (Should work on MacOS 10.9.x - 10.15.x)

Not Working:
      - sd card reader
      - Atheros AR9462 (use a compatible USB wireless adapter, see below)
      - Touchscreen (MacOS 10.15 only)

Notes:
      Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot. Legacy Mode is recommended.  
      **To reset your BIOS, power on the pc and hold the power button for about 30-40 seconds or you can short G2101 (RAM SLOT 1)**

About the Atheros card:
      You can install ATH9KFixup (you will also need additional patches on 10.14+ to restore Atheros support) to enable this card, however,
      it will break sleep on MacOS 10.14+, it can freeze your OS at any time and it can freeze your network settings.
      Because of its instability it is highly recommended to buy a USB wireless adapter.

You can find a list of working adapters, and the drivers, here.

Additional things you will need:
      Latest Clover config (AcerAspireV5-571pg - CCE Bank) from here CloverEFI (download) or OpenCore (download - Untested) WhateverGreen (download) VoodooPS2 (download) VirtualSMC + SMCBatteryManager (download) AppleALC (download) Lilu (download) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (download)  
      CloverEFI drivers you will need:
      ApfsDriverLoader EmuVariableUefi FSInject DataHubDxe VBoxHfs (if you have hfs partitions)  
      Remember to install BIOS drivers if you enable Legaby Boot.

Feel free to ask for help.
      Please send me a PM if you have fixes or improvements, thanks.
    • By Ethan Jarvis
      Hello,

Here I am looking for the answer of new Mac OS Catalina features and what type of Mac will support this new Os??
    • By JohnOl
      Hi,

I've just upgraded to OSX Catalina from Mojave on my VMWare Workstation 15.5, running on Windows 10.

The Sidecar feature is there, and after connecting my iPad Pro 12.9" 2018 running iPadOS 13.1.2 via USB cable, it is recognized as a display device in the Sidecar preferences.

However, when I enable it, the Sidecar screen on the iPad is completely black / blank. I can't send anything over, and if I mouse over the green + on an app window (i.e. Safari) to move it to the iPad, nothing happens and the screen remains blank. The sidebar will only appear after I turn it off and on again at Catalina's Sidecar preferences. The buttons there actually work. For example, if I move Safari over to iPad, the screen is blank, but if I activate the on-screen virtual keyboard and type there, the text actually goes to the Safari's search bar (the Safari still appears on the desktop).

Is this a compatibility issue with VMWare, where Catalina can't properly recognize the second screen? I've tried changing host VM settings too, i.e. to "host setting" or 2 monitors, enable / disable 3D acceleration, nothing works. the iPad is definitely correctly connected, as I can browse / backup its data at the Finder.

Can anyone please advice on how to enable Sidecar properly in VMWare? Thank you.

Below is a screenshot of how it looks like on my iPad:

• By Majed DH
      Hi everyone. 
      I have HP 15-da0xxx series laptop. i got macos mojave installed on it. but I was trying to get my intel graphics working but i couldn't change dmvt preallocation. 
      So I updated the bios (unfortunately). And since then i could not boot any version of clover. 
      I tried two versions that were working and even an installer that worked before is not working:

I searched alot about the error and found nothing relared to macos or hackintosh..  would it be solved by patching the dsdt? 

Any suggestions people ? 
    • By t0mmenhansen
      I havent used my hackintosh in a while. I wanted to boot to my mac drive. This error comes up when i try to boot. Ive tryed using explorer++ and update the lilu kext and whatevergreen kext, no luck yet. Any ideas?

16GB corsair
      1080 nvidia card
      z370-f mobo
      mac drive is an SSD from kingston
      Display port outpoot