[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) FX Kernel Task Force

spakk

1,227 posts in this topic

Maybe you have not repaired the permissions after replace of the driver. try to boot with -v -f npci=0x3000 ....
it is only a test. Maybe must be selected another Bin patch for glitchy icons. This patch is designed to prevent the glitchy start screen during boot. as far as I understood.
I have tried to change the sourcecode, unfortunately I get various errors.

IOGraphics-497.1.tar.gz

I hope that Andy will provide us a workable solution. I am hopefull.

Ok well I don't think that's the issue. That was the IOGraphicsFamily.kext from 10.10.5

Edit: Can someone test with the SMBios set to MacPro3,1 That shouldn't support Metal hence shouldn't use it.

Edit 2: Run the attached app in terminal.

MetalInfo.zip

• Like 2

Ok well I don't think that's the issue. That was the IOGraphicsFamily.kext from 10.10.5

Edit: Can someone test with the SMBios set to MacPro3,1 That shouldn't support Metal hence shouldn't use it.

Edit 2: Run the attached app in terminal.

MetalInfo!
Metal Device Name:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Lower Power Device: No
Headless Device:    No
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

• Like 1

Look, on no active window it's problem with logo and arrow ">". And on active windows, See Logo Apple and Icon this arrow > without graphics problem. What's is happen? 

I have logic theory... it's look like on another application. So on desktop normal this must be off something like acceleration  i have idea. How to test this situation to fix this problem. It's easy. 

post-1628593-0-15514300-1469920846_thumb.png

post-1628593-0-03066700-1469920856_thumb.png

• Like 1

Not rly, can you explain ?

Just reboot the system. The icon cache may need cleared. The command is in the thread somewhere. I'm not at my pc now so can't post it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nothing happen.

Try this in terminal,

sudo find /private/var/folders/ -name com.apple.dock.iconcache -exec rm {} \;

sudo find /private/var/folders/ -name com.apple.iconservices -exec rm -rf {} \;

sudo mv /Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store com.apple.ic

Try this in terminal,

sudo find /private/var/folders/ -name com.apple.dock.iconcache -exec rm {} \;

sudo find /private/var/folders/ -name com.apple.iconservices -exec rm -rf {} \;

sudo mv /Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store com.apple.ic

No changes

31/07/2016 01:22:51.046 iconservicesagent[14872]: -[iSGenerateImageOp generateImageWithCompletion:] Failed to composit image for descriptor <ISBindingImageDescriptor: 0x7fb7d950abc0>.

31/07/2016 01:22:51.060 quicklookd[14878]: Error returned from iconservicesagent: (null)

After Login to Desktop.

and i find in process this but not used cpu anyway.

/
/System/Library/CoreServices/iconservicesagent
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/CoreServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/ApplicationServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Versions/A/CoreFoundation
/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Versions/C/Foundation
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib
/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/57072462-2549-BADE-CE02-88DD48EA8969.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/CF01A25E-B3FD-68E6-EBF5-5532A35BCDC9.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/0027989B-EDD8-3DA1-F8D8-12AB5A874BCB.isdata
/System/Library/Frameworks/CFNetwork.framework/Versions/A/CFNetwork
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/FSEvents.framework/Versions/A/FSEvents
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/BB232166-E8FC-A3AB-4884-6677F19C5A92.isdata
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonCore.framework/Versions/A/CarbonCore
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/9EC7B558-F07F-71E4-373D-A98F6AB499CB.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/D9C8431A-2ED5-D2AB-5C8B-4D59D352DCC3.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/145727FA-1BB1-83FA-F9A1-E96978A5DC84.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/D56027F0-52EB-18C0-35E3-2FED67F58E7E.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/E9FF93F3-65C3-6B35-0DC1-D6042006BCCF.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/0DE06FC7-6E4A-32B9-218C-E4C63E0EEB27.isdata
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/Metadata.framework/Versions/A/Metadata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/8F54B085-A090-7289-2B62-75D715B1199D.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/627E0281-B77D-E075-61C0-A1BDF0A90267.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/A798076E-2363-05DC-6076-DD9A7F269586.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/EED3CE17-279C-2C19-40CA-73A012B33264.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/90A7F4EB-8999-9AD6-B9DA-5B0E8A7F73B3.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/31175EE3-B38A-51C8-C192-6DC7EACE1D86.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/BCEDF23F-FD96-DE37-FF57-9417D5018266.isdata
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/OSServices.framework/Versions/A/OSServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SearchKit.framework/Versions/A/SearchKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/AE.framework/Versions/A/AE
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/DictionaryServices.framework/Versions/A/DictionaryServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SharedFileList.framework/Versions/A/SharedFileList
/usr/lib/libauto.dylib
/usr/lib/libbsm.0.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit
/System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/Versions/A/SystemConfiguration
/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/Security
/usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib
/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib
/usr/lib/libDiagnosticMessagesClient.dylib
/usr/lib/libc++abi.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libcache.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libcommonCrypto.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libcompiler_rt.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libcopyfile.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libcorecrypto.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libkeymgr.dylib
/usr/lib/system/liblaunch.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libmacho.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libquarantine.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libremovefile.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_asl.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_blocks.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_c.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_configuration.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_coreservices.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_coretls.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_dnssd.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_info.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_m.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_malloc.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_network.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_networkextension.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_notify.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_pthread.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_sandbox.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_secinit.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libsystem_trace.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libunc.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libunwind.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libxpc.dylib
/usr/lib/libenergytrace.dylib
/usr/lib/system/libkxld.dylib
/usr/lib/libxar.1.dylib
/usr/lib/libpam.2.dylib
/usr/lib/libOpenScriptingUtil.dylib
/usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration
/System/Library/Frameworks/NetFS.framework/Versions/A/NetFS
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/NetAuth.framework/Versions/A/NetAuth
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/login.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/loginsupport.framework/Versions/A/loginsupport
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TCC.framework/Versions/A/TCC
/usr/lib/libmecabra.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/CoreGraphics
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreText.framework/Versions/A/CoreText
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/ImageIO
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/ATS
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ColorSync.framework/Versions/A/ColorSync
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/HIServices
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LangAnalysis.framework/Versions/A/LangAnalysis
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/PrintCore.framework/Versions/A/PrintCore
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QD.framework/Versions/A/QD
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/SpeechSynthesis.framework/Versions/A/SpeechSynthesis
/System/Library/Frameworks/IOSurface.framework/Versions/A/IOSurface
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Accelerate
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MultitouchSupport.framework/Versions/A/MultitouchSupport
/System/Library/Frameworks/Metal.framework/Versions/A/Metal
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vImage.framework/Versions/A/vImage
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/vecLib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvDSP.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libvMisc.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLAPACK.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libLinearAlgebra.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libSparseBLAS.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GPUCompiler.framework/libmetal_timestamp.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreFSCache.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IOAccelerator.framework/Versions/A/IOAccelerator
/usr/lib/libextension.dylib
/usr/lib/libarchive.2.dylib
/usr/lib/liblangid.dylib
/usr/lib/libCRFSuite.dylib
/usr/lib/liblzma.5.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libFontParser.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ATS.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libFontRegistry.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleVPA.framework/Versions/A/AppleVPA
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleJPEG.framework/Versions/A/AppleJPEG
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJPEG.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libTIFF.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libGIF.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libJP2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRadiance.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreVideo.framework/Versions/A/CoreVideo
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGFXShared.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGL.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLImage.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCVMSPluginSupport.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libCoreVMClient.dylib
/usr/lib/libcompression.dylib
/usr/lib/libcups.2.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kerberos.framework/Versions/A/Kerberos
/System/Library/Frameworks/GSS.framework/Versions/A/GSS
/usr/lib/libresolv.9.dylib
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Heimdal.framework/Versions/A/Heimdal
/usr/lib/libheimdal-asn1.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/OpenDirectory
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CommonAuth.framework/Versions/A/CommonAuth
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CFOpenDirectory.framework/Versions/A/CFOpenDirectory
/System/Library/Frameworks/SecurityFoundation.framework/Versions/A/SecurityFoundation
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudio.framework/Versions/A/CoreAudio
/System/Library/Frameworks/AudioToolbox.framework/Versions/A/AudioToolbox
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/LanguageModeling.framework/Versions/A/LanguageModeling
/usr/lib/libmarisa.dylib
/usr/lib/libChineseTokenizer.dylib
/usr/lib/libcmph.dylib
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Versions/A/CoreData
/System/Library/Frameworks/ServiceManagement.framework/Versions/A/ServiceManagement
/usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IconServices.framework/Versions/A/IconServices
/private/var/folders/30/frx0840d7zb2klv3qzxpwnxc0000gn/C/com.apple.iconservices/store.index
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libRIP.A.dylib
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/C5D7170E-9A59-0A57-7C29-F6927F0E6579.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/8D9BCA78-FFDD-336E-A5BD-895F264A1D84.isdata
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreServicesInternal.framework/Versions/A/CoreServicesInternal
/usr/share/icu/icudt55l.dat
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/4E2AD9E1-EF7C-7324-37C4-CCA47A7F9410.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/FD2A1F72-E5E6-C6BF-1578-2CA150B63482.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/18736E85-E582-B31C-CB56-89CE5A4C0ECB.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/2574340A-7961-7E89-D43B-EB13ACFB9401.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/38212647-2811-67EB-3F63-83E3043E6BCB.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/5DD3E439-5767-59F3-4E61-D3DF4AC5A6AC.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/1A2A2C74-B40A-9E9F-3040-93597365D838.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/15D1A59E-43A3-A024-F8A1-9F3982C81892.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/4ECD53FE-8383-CBD2-3178-791A4B0C06BC.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/81D7F1BF-1DA9-802B-4F82-0010977E3322.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/D1B5DA58-A961-57E5-147A-2B8D1C63C490.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/3D8746E2-D29D-675F-74AE-5612F7AD988A.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/B7EAFE37-88FD-6DAD-6AE3-C4FAC55A5957.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/D71706A8-10E8-65F4-0195-861DDD9C80D5.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/B35BC224-DE7F-4B3A-831F-9F4BB473FF8F.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/A0744EE2-236F-9AA5-0EEE-1FD765FF3ED7.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/3F159FB4-6B21-D542-5919-9D244A7A9DD6.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/C9375CE1-A9D1-F02D-CD6B-20D4713E40F8.isdata
/Library/Caches/com.apple.iconservices.store/5D4273D4-CBB9-8879-1A99-1F05BBAD4CA2.isdata
/private/var/folders/30/frx0840d7zb2klv3qzxpwnxc0000gn/0/com.apple.LaunchServices-134501.csstore
/usr/lib/dyld
/dev/null
/dev/null
/dev/null
count=2, state=0x12

New ScreenShot With Icons. Working Still HERE!

My theory is like... Someone applications have self icons loader or have correct config about loading icon. Correct display icons. Or Acceleration enable when run app.

This still running icons from system so one things we know... they still here and correct display on graphics and kernel. problem is no with basic .. only with correct display on loading system and still the same after restart ServerUI refresh. So problem is in loading on start system. In other situation i have example.. like on apps they work normally why? so we to fix this must explain why they loading on external apps. It's basic. Sorry my english is very poor ;D 

*Icons still here.

*icons loading even if before see graphics problem.

*Loading on someone apps. (even normaly don't see apple logo and see bug graphics on icon).

So it's no incorrect graphics problem display.. it's must be something in loading system. I think maybe it's memory or cache storage.  Answer is in correct application icon display. And i can solve this problem. 

Untitled.tiff

New ScreenShot With Icons. Working Still HERE!

My theory is like... Someone applications have self icons loader or have correct config about loading icon. Correct display icons. Or Acceleration enable when run app.

This still running icons from system so one things we know... they still here and correct display on graphics and kernel. problem is no with basic .. only with correct display on loading system and still the same after restart ServerUI refresh. So problem is in loading on start system. In other situation i have example.. like on apps they work normally why? so we to fix this must explain why they loading on external apps. It's basic. Sorry my english is very poor ;D 

*Icons still here.

*icons loading even if before see graphics problem.

*Loading on someone apps. (even normaly don't see apple logo and see bug graphics on icon).

So it's no incorrect graphics problem display.. it's must be something in loading system. I think maybe it's memory or cache storage.  Answer is in correct application icon display. And i can solve this problem. 

So if you boot the system the icons are glitchy but if you restart the SystemUIServer it sorts it with my modified Metal Framework?

i don't use before you framework. Only IOGraphicsFamilly.Kext i can check now when i put framework and back to classic kext

Which IOGraphicsFamily.kext? The one I uploaded or Spakk?

• Like 1

Now i have still you. Before i have spakk but nothing change. Now i back to classic. 5m  and i back.

Ok so to clarify. You used the IOGraphicsFamily.kext I uploaded which is from Yosemite 10.10.5 and once the SystemUIServer was restarted the icons displayed fine? If that's correct then thats a huge positive.

• Like 1