Problem battery on hp dv7 pavilion

Joya

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a problem with the battery. I have included these files

• ACPIBatteryManager.kext on EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 & /Other
  • DSDT.aml on EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched

and it does not work. Will show the battery icon with an x in the middle and battery not included.

Thanks for your help.

ACPI.zip

I ask for help to patch the dsdt.

I applied the patch "battery_HP-Pavilion-n012tx.txt" to correct dsdt error and does not work.

post-1653260-0-18365200-1454922001_thumb.png

Saturday morning i inserted the battery and the icon had become white with the current icon and charging time 00:00 minutes. After a while i had to restart and, at boot, appeared this written

ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from 2688, to 0

Can anyone help me to do function the battery?

Thanks

EFI.zip

MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip

Hi,

That patch does not make any changes.

44 Patches, 0 changes, 0 rejects

edit:

between friday and saturday i tried all the patch and the only patch that i have seen an improvement, is that of the post #2

it works :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: , thankssss a lot :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

post-1653260-0-54684600-1454938808_thumb.png

At a guess i think that you download and loads more quickly than on Windows. Tomorrow morning i do a charge / discharge with Windows 10 and after a charge / discharge cycle with os x cycle and will post the results.

Hi Artur_pt

The battery will not last for long time. While starting out this error

Primary Internal Battery 601

...I wanted to ask if you can change some parameters of the battery

from 5100mAh to 4860mAh (value written on the battery)

and the full charge capacity

post-1653260-0-67093700-1455033090_thumb.png

I wanted to ask if it is normal that the CPU temperature is around 62°C

post-1653260-0-10142700-1455033380_thumb.png

Thanks

hello

like i say before .. u are using wrong smbios ...

have u cpupowermanagement working ?

about the bat only thing i do is apply the patch to transform 16 32 64 bit to 8 bit B1B2

good hack

Hi Artur_pt

I set SMBIOS of MacBookPro6,1 as per your suggestion. Since I changed SMBIOS, the CPU frequency changes value and instead they remain fixed before.

If you're referring to NullCpuPowerManagement, no I have not the kext.

When the temperature rises above 65°C it goes from 7.00 to 12.00 and oscillates between these two values until it drops.

Thanks

Hi Artur_pt
I tried the temperature with Windows 10 and it is perfect. At rest, the temperature, is around 30/33 degrees. Measured with hwinfo64.

On os x, instead, it is higher than 20/23 degrees; 50/53 degrees at rest. Measured with istat menus.

Meanwhile I inserted NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and the temperature is a little decreased and is around 50 degrees with either firefox open or closed.

It does not go into sleep / hibernate. It seems that goes into sleep / hibernate but it is as if you restart and, by moving the mouse, the screen turns on in seconds.

Thanks

Hi Artur_pt,

I'm using some fan underneath the notebook to reduce the temperature. With open firefox, the temperature is around these values

post-1653260-0-46485900-1456044256_thumb.png

Over time and with the increase of the RAM usage, the temperature rises up to about 57/62 degrees.
I would like to ask if the frequency and values 13.00 they are normal.

At boot appears several times this phrase:

Feb 21 09:51:45 MacBook-Pro-di-******** kernel[0] <Notice>: ACPIBatteryManager: WARNING! fCurrentCapacity > fMaxCapacity. adjusted fCurrentCapacity from 3076, to 3072

Much thanks

hello

if it change the values in cpu frequency should be ok

about the msg in boot i have it also .. it come from the kext .. try another version.. with time rehabman maybe clean that msg

TJUNCTION 100°C

http://ark.intel.com/products/43122/Intel-Core-i7-720QM-Processor-6M-Cache-1_60-GHz

the maximum is 100 º then the cpu is off

with the frequency is normal the raise of temperature and can reach 70 and 80 º .. then should cool off

maybe it came also from the graphics

good hack

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arthur_pt,

These days I tested the notebook and the temperature is fairly stable. Also opening photoshop halls around 60/63°C and i'm satisfied.

I wanted to ask you this: When will the version 10.11.4, must redo all that work for battery or just use the DSDT i use now?

Thanks for the reply