KyleGP

Airdrop - iOS devices won't see mac, worked previously - 10.11.3

6 posts in this topic

I have a problem with Airdrop in 10.11.3

I have the Broadcom BCM94360CD in my hack (which I believe is the card used in the official iMac) and everything works except my iOS devices just will not see the computer in Airdrop. It worked previously for me in 10.11.1 and I think 10.11.2.

I have Airdrop set to "everyone" in Finder, I've tried toggling and restarting both devices, I've tried removing plists related to bluetooth then restarting. I've tried restoring iOS fresh. Nothing works.

Airdrop from my iOS device finds real macs just fine.

Airdrop Hackintosh to Hackintosh/Real Mac works fine.

It's just the iOS devices won't see the Hack and vise versa.

Running iOS 9.2.1

So what did Apple change here?!

What else can I try? Airdrop and handoff says its supported in system report and the card is working normally for Wifi but Airdrop just seems to be an issue with Hackintosh now.

Advertisement

I have nearly the same issue.

Airdrop is not working but Handoff and Continuity is working. I'm not sure why Airdrop is not working between iOS and my Hackintosh.

My Hack (iMac 14,1) is running on El Capitan 10.11.4 and my iOS device (iPhone 6) is running on 9.3.

Bluetooth and WiFi is ON on both devices. Both are logged on the same WiFi. Airdrop on both devices is configured to see "everyone".

Airdrop between iOS devices (iPhone 5S and 6 or iPad) is working, but no one of this device can see my Hackintosh in Airdrop.

Any Idea?

post-800043-0-74013400-1458773878.png

post-800043-0-73351200-1458774082_thumb.png

post-800043-0-29207600-1458774390_thumb.png

I have noticed that whenever I try to send/receive something with airdrop, there is a repeating error in console: airportd[64]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=22. This happened after I tried a "solution" which involved deleting my contact from the contacts app, as well as unlinking my Apple ID from the users menu in system preferences.

I have probably found a somewhat solution to our problems. I replaced the IO80211Family.kext with the one from Yosemite and deleted the following from the Library/Preferences/System Configuration: com.apple.airport.preferences.plist com.apple.network.identification.plist NetworkInterfaces.plist preferences.plist

After a restart AirDrop started working again, though at very slow speeds. Hoping that someone finds a proper fix for this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kromakey
      Hello ,

Just changed my CPU to a E5450 to be able to Run Mojave , but now I can not run not even EL Capitan    (it was working well with CORE2DUO)

I already flashed a modified bios to be able to recognise the CPU.

here some print screens from Verbose :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kqWauSu5GZ9Kogxh7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6kL5YbiFBqLcGyz6

AZUS P5K PRO  - CPU E5450 - NVIDIA 9600GT - 5G RAM 

ANY HELP is APPRECIATED

Thanks/Obrigado

Kromakey 

• By fusion71au
      Clover r4914 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.

Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.

Installation
      1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4914 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4914-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
      2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
      sudo diskutil mount disk0s1   3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
      4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
      5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.

Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
    • By ucif19
      Hi, First of all, sorry for my English.
      I want to buy a WiFi/bt card for my hackintosh. I want a card that have a native support for MacOS because I need to use Handoff and AirDrop. I saw the card in the link below: anyone could tell me if the card have the requirements I mentioned before?

wifi/bt card  Broadcom 94352Z DW1560: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.it%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272204993348

my build
      macos Mojave 10.14.3
      mobo: H170N-WiFi 
      cpu: i5-6500
      gpu: gtx 1060 6gb (not work on Mojave)
      Ram: 16Gb ddr4 2133 MHz
    • By ucif19
      Hi,  I replaced the H170N-WIFI onboard bt card with the ASUS USB BT400 dongle. It works but Handoff and AirDrop won’t work. I install all kexts for fixing Broadcom card, but in System Information, in Bluetooth section I see “Handoff: no”. Anyone can help me? Sorry for my English!

my build
      mobo: H170N-WiFi 
      cpu: i5-6500
      gpu: gtx 1060 6gb (not work on Mojave)
      Ram: 16Gb ddr4 2133 MHz
    • By Hawxxer
      Hi,
      do you know where someone could start getting involved in development for Hackintosh / IOS (jailbreaks etc.) development? I am searching for information about the Kernel development rather than developing apps. 
      I recently finished my bachelor of engineering in electric engineering but the computer science always interested me more. We are being tought about some principles of a operation systems and writing code in c..

Until know I found the apple developer website, and the books from Jonathan Levin (but they are some kind of expensive for my current situation as a student).
      I also think that it would be useful to get started with the structure of the linux kernel.
      Do you have more sources I could learn more? How did you become what you are know in the hackintosh community? 
      Google is not very helpful "Hackintosh development" only brings up how to develop apps with an hackintosh...

I posted it in AMD because I am especially interested in the kernel manipulation to get the XNU Kernel working under AMD. If this is the wrong corner, please move it in the right one. 
      Thank you.

EDIT
      And for sure other sources are the wikis of insanelymac and the other hackintosh websites!