conmac7

SATA internal Drives appear as external

5 posts in this topic

Hello my configuration is this:

Asus P8z77-M
8GB DDR3 (Corsair 1600)
Nvidia 560SE 1536MB RAM
Seagate 250GB SATA3 (ST3250318AS)

I had a problem with USB not working inside installer but i solved it with this:

<key>Patches</key>			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change EHC1 to EH01</string>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>RUhDMQ==</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>RUgwMQ==</data>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>Comment</key>
					<string>change EHC2 to EH02</string>
					<key>Find</key>
					<data>RUhDMg==</data>
					<key>Replace</key>
					<data>RUgwMg==</data>
				</dict>
</array> 

Now remain the other problem with my disks. i have internal sata disk seagate 250GB but it appear as external in disk utility at el capitans installer. i tryed this:

<dict>				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
</dict> 

but with this, no longer start the installer. it stuck at some point. When i remove this code from config.plist, i can go to installer but again the drive appear as external. I tryed also other disks but all internal drives appear as external.

Any solution?
Im reffering ofcourse for El Capitan installation

Advertisement

it seems the right one, 

is it correctly inserted under kext to patch?

it should be like this

<key>KextsToPatch</key>

<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
RXh0ZXJuYWw=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SW50ZXJuYWw=
</data>
</dict>
</array>

@JahStorie yes exactly this is the one i use.

@carbo178 with no patch, as i say internal drives appear as external inside el capitans installer.

i will post soon (10-15 minutes) the log at el capitans boot when freeze. Maybee you know from the log whats the problem and freezes

Ok. I didnt repond because i wanted to try something else.

I downloaded AHCIPortInjector.kext and i put it inside kexts/10.11 and to kexts/other and it seems to be working now. I will try it one more time to be sure and i will inform you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By valueimagery
      Okay So I have two PCIe controller cards, both 3rd party, unbranded from eBay.

1st runs off the Marvell 88SE92xx chipset.  4 Internal Ports.
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PCI-E-PCI-Express-to-SATA3-0-4Port-SATA-III-6G-Expansion-Controller-Card-Adapter/264029216955?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&amp;_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2nd runs off the ASMedia ASM1061 chipset. 2 Internal/ 2 External Ports (selectable by jumpers)
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PCI-E-To-SATA3-PCI-E-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-the-SSD-Asmedia-Chip-Expansion-Card-ASM1061/191572577652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&amp;_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The hack is running stable no issues on 10.4.2 with an i7 8700k ASUS Maximus X Code as iMac 18,3

However, I wanted to add eSATA ports for some older drive enclosures I own, and some extra internal SATA ports as I've used all the SATA ports on the Motherboard.
      The 1st Marvell actually works OOB in Mac OSX.  No kexts needed.  Speeds seem good (350R/400W on an SSD 80R/W on a 5400 HDD)

However, a few things don't seem perfect.
      1) the AHCI version is 1.0.  I imagine this could and should be a newer version? 1.2 or 1.31? If it should be updated, is this something only able to be flashed from a Windows OS?
      2) It can't be used as a boot option.  the Maximus doesn't recognise it as a startup option.  Is this a possible AHCI version firmware issue?  Is booting ever possible from these controllers? 
      3) TRIM was disabled in system profile. I know it automatically worked OOB for my NVME2 drives connected to the motherboard,  But to enable Trim on an SSD 860 EVO I needed to submit the terminal command:
      sudo trimforce enable

Now the second ASMedia controller I haven't been able to get to work.  I've switched the jumpers (not sure which position is the 1,2,3) so I've made it so that one internal and one external will operate to test the card.

System profiler sees the card like all the others as a "Generic AHCI Controller" with AHCI version 1.20 supported.
      However, I cannot get any drive to be recognised in the eSATA ports.  I haven't tested the internal ports as I don't need these.

I've attempted using two kexts (attached) AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext
      When I use AHCIPortInjector.kext the SATA device is recognised in system profiler as an ASM1062.  However no drive works with this kext.  And reading the chip itself on the card it says ASM1061.  So not sure why it's preferring the 1062 entry over the 1061 since both are present in the kext.

When I use AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext that SATA device is not recognised at all in the system profiler.  It disappears.

I'm not using a custom DSDT for this motherboard and I've attached my config.plist if anyone has some insight on either cards.

Cheers,
      Shark

config-NOSN.plist
      AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext.zip
      AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip
    • By b31k
      Hello
      My system is
      Asus Z170-P Motherboard
      i5 6600K Processor
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB
      Be-quiet 500W PSU
      Crucial 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

BIOS:

xHCI Handoff enable
      Serial Port disable
      SATA AHCI mode
      IOAPIC 24-119 Entries (enable y disable) two mode stuck

I can not build a robust and stable system, The system Sierra is already installed but when I restart or shut down, I get the error Still waiting for root device error, but after too many reboot ( from 2 times to 9) start correctly or other times leave too minutes, with prohibited symbol and finally starts.
      Once started recognised correctly HDD.
      Also I tried with a new  EVO860 nvme SSD , but I have the same problem.

I dont know because sometimes yes sometimes no, the system stuck in this error
      I add some information files and logs.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
        thank you.

Solution by Rehabman;

Extracting my native/clean DSDT using Clover F4.
      and check with diff DSDT file.

My SystemMemory addresses in DSDT are mismatched:

SPEEDY-NUCatched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
      < OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xC74EC000, 0x06D5)
      > OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xC74FE000, 0x06D5)
      < OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xC6CC0F98, 0x10)
      > OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xC6CD2F98, 0x10)

and other mistake in OperationRegion(PNVA,SystemMemory,PNVB,PNVL)

< Name (PNVB, 0xC74F1018)
      > Name(PNVB,0xC7503018)

My system after too many month , keep stable the still waiting error no appear again, it seems that the problem was with the memory addresses in my DSDT.
    • By Dallastyle
      Hello Insanelymac,
      I've successfully installed Mac OS X Sierra on 2 32gb flash drives with them as a JBOD Raid. I can only get into the hackintosh if I use another USB flash drive with Clover installed on it. I've tried using a clover installer however that just installs on my Raid Disk. I've also noticed that when I open clover configurator, there are 2 EFI partitions but both of them were empty. I've tried moving the contents of the EFI on my Raid disk that clover installed but my BIOS does not detect it. Also when I use the other flash drive to boot into clover, there is another volume called "BOOT OS X" right next to my Raid Disk Volume that I use to boot from. I just want to install and boot off of my Raid usb flash drives. Really running out of options, Thanks guys.
    • By BauerMac
      Hey,

I want to use 7 drives on my ASUS X Hero MB.
      The MB supports up to 6 SATA drives, and also has 2 M.2 slots, so I thought it was possible to run at least 7 drives.
      Apparently, it isn´t that easy.

I have a Samsung 850 EVO MZ-N5E500BW M.2 drive that I use as boot drive. It´s a SATA drive, and from what I can read, using a SATA drive in the M.2 slot will either disable one or two of the other SATA slots, depending on which type of M.2 setup you choose.
      So now I can only use a total of SIX slots in the machine for storage, which is a huge bummer, since I need the extra SSD drive.
        I can of course connect the extra SSD drive via an adapter and use an external USB port, but that´s a very impractical solution.   QUESTION:
      Can anyone tell me if it´s possible to somehow connect 7 drives to my ASUS X Hero MB?
      (Buying a new PCIE M.2 drive is not an option, since the M.2 drive I have is the boot drive, and I don´t wanna F around with cloning, replacing etc)   Thanks in advance!  
    • By Tristana
      Hey all!

The Macbook Pro I used as my main computer is on its last legs, so I decided to cobble together some components I had from other builds into a “new” Windows machine. Thing is, even with some settings modifications and tools like RocketDock, I still miss the behaviors and aesthetic of my Mac ;c

So, I’ve decided to pursue grabbing a new cpu/mobo/ram combo and building a Hackintosh/Windows hybrid machine. I had a couple questions regarding my boot drive, though.

1. If the motherboard I select supports booting from an NVMe/PCIe M.2 SSD, can I boot macOS High Sierra from it? Will it necessitate a tool like Clover to do so? (I'm currently eyeing the ASRock Z270M Pro4, if that's relevant)

2. If I partition this drive into two parts, can I format them separately for each OS- e.g. HFS+ on one half for macOS, NTFS or exFAT for Windows on the other? If not, can macOS be installed on an exFAT drive?