New AppleSearch Service

sHARD>>

4 posts in this topic

I always hate to roll out an unfinished product, but after Google very recently announced their new Google Co-Op system, I had to give it a try. What resulted? A new test service of ours I like to call "AppleSearch", searching the best Apple-related material on the web. It's an impressive tool which allows you to find information both from common sites you trust as well as alternative sites you'd never expect.

Here today, gone tomorrow? Who knows. Give it a try and tell us what you think. Just go to our main page and look for the AppleSearch box on the right side. We're interested to know if we should develop this service past the ugly page and mashed out graphics. With a bit of tweaking (and it surely could use some), it may become quite the service. And heck, it might just be able to replace our terrible slightly sub-par search system.

Seems promising. Note taken.(I will consider implementing it on my new project) Thank you for the info, by the way. ;)

Heh I remember using this Google service when my site was new. It's by no means complex at all. There are better services that are free that help you implement Google's powerful engine while still keeping your own layout design, and it lets you customize the way results are displayed. Maybe Google has since improved this co-op system, but it doesn't seem much different.

Not exactly "state of the art," but it's the thought that counts...

I did the same search twice. For the 1st, I used the "web" option on InsanelyMac search box. For the 2nd, I just opened a window and went directly to Google. The results for the search were exactly the same. I thought they were supposed to be geared more to Apple-related content.