M.2 native wireless/bt card options?

Ailment

9 posts in this topic

Hey! I'm running a gigabyte z170n Gaming 5 and the included wireless is an Intel m.2 card. I checked the pinned threads but all of the devices that work natively that I could find with those model numbers were mini pcie. Are there any m.2 cards that work natively? I would like to avoid USB if possible and my video card is taking the only other expansion slot. Thanks!

The m.2 wifi/bt cards that use the broadcom 95432 chipset work well, although not OOB. I have a Dell DW1560 card which I use in one of my hacks. Like you, I originially purchase to use in a gigabyte board that had an onboard m.2 wifi slot. I ended up going with another board, but had already purchased the card directly from Dell, so I put it to use via a m.2 to PCIe adapter. The m.2 broadcom cards will work fine if you follow the same instructions as on the PCIe half mini thread.

The m.2 wifi/bt cards that use the broadcom 95432 chipset work well, although not OOB. I have a Dell DW1560 card which I use in one of my hacks. Like you, I originially purchase to use in a gigabyte board that had an onboard m.2 wifi slot. I ended up going with another board, but had already purchased the card directly from Dell, so I put it to use via a m.2 to PCIe adapter. The m.2 broadcom cards will work fine if you follow the same instructions as on the PCIe half mini thread.

Hi golfleep, could you tell me what drivers did you use to make DW1560 work?

I have that card too, and I was using RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Both of the wifi and bluetooth can work, but  they conflict each other heavily, when I was using the wifi to download something, the bluetooth mouse can barely work. 

Thanks!

I have that card too, and I was using RehabMan's BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Both of the wifi and bluetooth can work, but  they conflict each other heavily, when I was using the wifi to download something, the bluetooth mouse can barely work. 

Thanks!

Use DW1510 instead :)

Thanks!

I used the same kexts for bluetooth, as well as the Broadcom Fake PCIID, and the four kext patches in Clover. Works without any conflicts or problems under Clover and 10.10.5

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! I have the same motherboard (Gigabyte Z170N Gaming 5) but I can't seem to get past the "Installing on Macintosh HD About 12 minutes remaining" screen.

Did you follow any specific guides?  Sorry I'm a bit of a hackintosh noob so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!