InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Sign in to follow this  
subnormalfever

Service exited with abnormal code: 255 - DELL Inspiron 15R 5537

Hey guys, I'm new to this ans this is my first post... I have never had to post anything before, I always found the solution myself. But this time, I seriously need some help.

My cousin has a Macbook Pro 2015 running El Capitan on it. So we were following step by step every single thing we saw in this youtube video :

We got to the point where we had to boot from the USB. Everything was working perfectly. I had the apple logo, progress bar was going smoothly until it filled completely. And then I waited... And waited... And waited... nothing.

Decided to try verbose mode. Got this : "com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.117) 《Warning》: Service exited with abnormal code: 255"

So... started doing what I do best.. Googling! I found SO MANY THINGS. Tried moving my kexts, tried putting some stuff in the boot args, so many things... now I'm just lost.

It's an intel i5 processor, 8GB RAM, intel HD graphics, so basically all intel... Should work, no?

Advertisement

I have also got this launchd 255 error. Tried the things that are mentioned everywhere. Putting the kexts into the others folder and so on.

Did not change a thing.

Now I tried updating Clover to the newest version, and everything changed. Now launchd puts out many many errors (something with code signing), and is repeadetly starting over loading stuff. This goes on forever.

So maybe this is the same error but with more detailed information...