Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shmexytaco

Unlimited Google Drive Storage Loophole

4 posts in this topic

Note: This thread could belong under the Applescript section, but it's more of a stand alone app than a script for anything.

This is beta software. I am not responsible for any issues you make encounter!

Hey guys,

About two days ago, an idea popped into my head: files are just groups of 1's and 0's put together, and I can read them as raw data and output them as text with XXD. Then I remembered that Google Docs files within Google Drive don't count against your storage... And then I remembered there was a command-line interface for Google Drive.

With the news of OneDrive changing their storage limits, it reminded me of how much stuff I actually store in the cloud, and how impractical it would be to keep paying for more and more space. Sure, there are some gimmicky tricks using shared folders and multiple accounts, but that's just too complicated. I suppose you could argue that this project is a bit gimmicky as well, but I digress...

So a few days and a few all nighters later, I present to you FullSpeed for drive: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ymc218mx8opmdcc/FullSpeed.tar?dl=0 I'm still updating it very frequently, which is why I linked to it rather than uploading them with this post.

Normal files can coexist peacefully with FullSpeed files, as long as there aren't any instances of the phrase "FullSpeed" in any of the file names except ones uploaded by FullSpeed.

Anyway, I'd love your feedback! I'm still working on updates for it, so check back regularly for new versions!

Advertisement

Hi,

could you please elaborate your idea and your code? Your plan is to change files in my google drive / one drive folder so that goole thinks those files are like google docs and do not count against my free storage?

The files just get renamed with 'FullSpeed' but are accessible as before?

thanks

Will definitely be giving this a try! Thanks for your great loophole realisation and further work. I'll test soon and report back. Too busy with work atm

Hi,

could you please elaborate your idea and your code? Your plan is to change files in my google drive / one drive folder so that goole thinks those files are like google docs and do not count against my free storage?

The files just get renamed with 'FullSpeed' but are accessible as before?

thanks

You can check out the code at the link I posted... But yes. Basically, any files you upload with FullSpeed will be converted to hex data and then uploaded into a Google Doc. Google Docs do not count against your storage. When you wish to retrieve your file, use FullSpeed to download it and reassemble it. Every file uploaded with FullSpeed with have a "FullSpeed" prefix in front of it for the application to know what files need to be reassembled.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dan_oninho
      Fala pessoal

Tenho as seguintes configurações:

CPU: FX 8300
      Mobo: M5A78BL-MPlus/usb3
      Memoria: 8GB
      Placa de Video: GT 1030

Quero fazer hackintosh nele, mas não sei qual versão de SO melhor para instalar e também sei que AMD não vai sem modificação, então preciso de uma grande ajuda vinda de vocês

Obs: Vou mudar depois do GT 1030 pra GTX 770
      Obs: Tenho só 1 HD, queria fazer um dualboot com Windows, sei que vai dar trabalho, mas seria possivel?

• By Mr.Darkwraith
      Is it possible to install/run Android TV/x86 on the 1st generation Apple TV?
    • By Tom2998
      Ciao Ragazzi,
      Apro questo nuovo topic per chiedervi dei consigli, entro poco sostituirò il mio amatissimo "cassone" del 2011 con, finalmente, un pc per il verso. il mio più grande pensiero riguarda la compatibilità della scheda madre per cui mi affido totalmente a voi nella scelta. vi elenco il resto dei componenti suddivise anche per ordine di acquisto dato che comunque procederò in acquisti successivi e non tutto insieme
      Prima parte:
      cpu: intel i7-6700k ( oppure i7-7700k se la scheda integrata funziona)
      mobo: pensavo ad una  gaming da circa 200€, se con led ancora meglio  
      ram: corsair  vengeance ddr4 3000 MHz
      ssd: samsung 960 evo 250 gb ( windows + programmi) + ssd crucial 500gb (mac os x + programmi)
      hdd: trasferiti dal vecchio pc per i dati 2tb
      alimentatore: cooler master v750 (750W)
      case: cooler master mastercase maker 5

seconda parte:
      gpu: ancora da decidere ma dalla 1070 in su, vorrei utilizzare il cosiddetto "2k" tranquillamente
      raffreddamento: AIO ma devo ancora decidere quale.

Non sono stato a mettere il costo di tutti i componenti ma comunque si accettano consigli su tutti i pezzi per avere la compatibilità migliore possibile .
      grazie in anticipo a tutti
    • By midi-sama
      Hi, I'm back again with another tool. As you may have seen in my thread, there is a Automator + AppleScript (thanks to @thanh) to make the reinstall/fix for UPDD, so I decided to make one application for everything with no hassle, however, since I'm not a programer, I'm just using AppleScript (for its fairly easy use and scripting).
      I want you to help me out to fix (also optimize and clean) this script to make it better.

Here is the script:
      -- Start with a welcome screen + password set pwd to text returned of (display dialog ¬ "Hello there This is an AppleScript utility that will help you fix UPDD. First I need your password to continue working of this:" with title ¬ "UPDD Fix Script" with icon note ¬ default answer ¬ "" buttons {"Nope", "Continue ..."} ¬ default button 2 cancel button 1 ¬ with hidden answer) -- Now show dialog for choice set choice to (display dialog ¬ "Hello there, what do you wanna do?" buttons {"Reinstall UPDD", "Start UPDD with time fix", "Exit"} ¬ with title "What do you want to do?" cancel button 3) -- Choice selection if choice = {button returned:"Reinstall UPDD"} then -- Reinscall UPDD case display dialog ¬ "Are you sure you want to reinstall UPDD?" buttons {"No", "Sure"} ¬ default button 2 cancel button 1 set sure_inst to button returned of result -- Starting the install -- TODO: If Nope is selected, loop back to the dialog of choices if sure_inst = "Sure" then -- Install UPDD -- TODO: Add a "Working..." window WHILE it's installing set install_result to do shell script "installer -pkg /Library/UPDD_*.pkg -target /" password pwd with administrator privileges -- Show Install results + updd fix prompt display dialog install_result with title "Install Results" buttons {"OK, now UPDD fix", "OK, I'm done here"} cancel button 2 default button 1 -- UPDD Fix -- TODO: Same as the previous one tell application "UPDD Gestures" to quit saving no do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime off " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '04:05:15'" password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 tell application "UPDD Gestures" activate end tell delay 2 -- ERROR: for some reason, it may give an error. do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '10:12:16' " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on " password pwd with administrator privileges display notification "We're done." with title "We're all set." end if -- Done with UPPD Reinstall -- TODO: loop back to the choice menu else if choice = {button returned:"Start UPDD with time fix"} then -- UPDD Fix display dialog ¬ "This will bring back your maching clock back in 2015 then back to the actual internet time, this will momentally break some apps/connections (like synergy and maybe even some websites), make sure there are no active time-sensitive apps running if this can damage it or ruin your work" buttons {"Nope, stop", "OK, continue..."} default button 2 cancel button 1 with title "UPDD Rewind" set reupdd to button returned of result if reupdd = "OK, continue..." then -- TODO: Show a "Working..." window tell application "UPDD Gestures" to quit saving no do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime off " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '04:05:15'" password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 tell application "UPDD Gestures" activate end tell delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setdate '10:12:16' " password pwd with administrator privileges delay 2 do shell script "/usr/sbin/systemsetup -setusingnetworktime on " password pwd with administrator privileges display notification "We're done." with title "We're all set." -- TODO: loop back to the choice menu end if end if display dialog "Thank you for using this utility, please check insanleymac.com for more goodies!" buttons {"Thanks", "Get me to InsanelyMac"} with title "Thank you. We're done here." default button 1 cancel button 1 set done to button returned of result if done = "Get me to InsanelyMac" then open location "http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/" delay 1 end if Thanks for any help and feedback
    • By dadal75
      potreste gentilmente dirmi, se vi metto un link, se risulta compatibile e soprattutto il più possibile nativo?

http://shop.wmepoint.com/shop/051/pc-intel-core-i5/5792-pc-intel-core-i5-quad-core-ram-4gb-hd-320gb-dvdrw-desktop-assemblato-completo.html

grazie