Asus Z10PE-D8 WS • 2x XEON E5-2680 v3 • Clover • El Capitan • System lags / freezes :(

analogo

62 posts in this topic

Congrats Kuleone, very inspiring you've gotten this far! I'm working on a c612 build as well, and have been stuck at the nVidia drivers for a while. Was HT the culprit in preventing them from loading?

Thank you, trust me many sleepless nights in the process. Once I got the system to boot, I went thru all the unknown options in my BIOS Googled exactly there functions. Whatever applied to the server part of Windows was turned off. Likewise, in Clover anything that wasn't necessary was turned off in the config.plist. First thing I did when I got a stable boot was to let TimeMachine do a couple of Backups of the drive just in case something went wrong. Trust me things went wrong but I never had to start from a fresh install. Similarly, apply the same to the BIOS I would write down the last options I either turned on or off. The Z10PE-D16 WS lets you save different profiles, use them to your advantage. Like e.g "Mac Boot W/HT" "Mac Boot VD-T" so you don't have to lost your Original Profile. For the Nvidia drivers make sure you download the latest AGDP Fix. Do you have the same MotherBoard?

Never mind I see that you have the Supermicro motherboard.

I'm using a Supermicro X10DRG-Q, although it is quite similar in terms of specs so I'm hoping maybe some of these fixes correlated. I've tried the latest AGDP fix, as well just about every graphics related kext/DSDT patch. I'll try disabling HT tonight, never would have thought it would be related.

Don't mean to hijack this thread. I have received no response when I've started threads about this issue in the past, I'm guessing since it seems I'm one of only a few attempting a build with this config so it is leading to some somewhat unique issues.

Did you download the latest Nvidia drivers? Only asking because none of the previous drivers worked, well at least with my video card (GTX760) and make sure the video card PCI slot is accessing the first CPU. I'll try and upload a copy of my config.plist.

I have 4 16 gig Samsung 2133 DDR4 2133

Yes all are detected, I can boot with Hypertheading on but no network working and sometimes it causes some weird things with Logic Pro. I can see all cores in Logic.

Network on the board is 210 it's natively supported.

How many acpicpu do you see on the boot?

Network on the board is 210 it's natively supported.

How many acpicpu do you see on the boot?

All cpu are seen during booting, I had -v option during all testing.

To re-cap the only things not working are

1:- 2 USB ports not working.

2:- HT not fully working.

3:-System Profile not displaying hardware correctly. (I was able to final load MacPro 6,1)

These are the only issues I have now.

Did you download the latest Nvidia drivers? Only asking because none of the previous drivers worked, well at least with my video card (GTX760) and make sure the video card PCI slot is accessing the first CPU. I'll try and upload a copy of my config.plist.

I'm using 346.03.15f02, and the latest AGDP fix. Tried disabling HT and playing with a few other BIOS options with no progress. primary GPU is definitely on CPU-1. Going to start a new thread so I don't hijack this one, I'd appreciate any help you can provide!

• 6 months later...

I had been meaning to post my config list here, in case no one found my thread on my box.

Like you mentioned, system for me can be laggy between apps or when there is lots to compute in Houdini.

Getting lots of crashes, but Houdini usually will quit badly when trying to exit.

I wonder if it is graphic card related.

For the life of me, I cannot get the Nvidia Control Panel installation to stick. It crashes after launch. Everything seems fine, but I wonder if that has some of the blame for lag and some app crashing....

Anyway, attached is my config. I compared it to some others, and I guess someone with more brains than I can see if I have anything messed up in there. In which case, I thank you in advance!!!

System

Z10PE-D16

32Gram

Nvidia 980ti

with E5-2640 v4 10 cores (2)

I could not get v3 8 cores to work in this mobo. I fought it. Once I had the v4's, the install went as it should.

Running 10.12.3 (16D32)

Apparently, I cannot upload. Or it wont let me.
I will see about it. Im an idiot. Figured it out ZIP IT, ZIP IT IN THE BUD!

But if anyone has any comments on my setup.... Im listening.

configZ10PE-D16.plist.zip

Edited by mxbill

• 4 weeks later...

@Kuleone

Could you please upload you EFI folder or config.plist

and if anyone has already success with Z10PE-D16-WS and 2x XEON E5-26xx v3 ​please upload here your EFI folder and Bios Setup

thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, analogo said:

Many thanks! Is this an edited and optimized DSDT and what has been optimized?

After a long time I'm back and want to try again.. ;)

extract a full dump and post here, i edit for u

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 5/28/2018 at 7:08 AM, MaLd0n said:

extract a full dump and post here, i edit for u

Dear @MaLd0n - would you please help me. I almost have eaten my head. Asus Z10PA-D8, very similar.
Ventura here, working like charm, BESIDES SLEEP. Tried everything, now the last resort: will try replanting S3 routines from your DSDT above into mine...

In case you agree to help, attached is my runme result. Thank you!!

Send me newbillys-iMac-Pro.zip