[HELP] Serious sleep issue ! AsusX550LD

kosakgroove

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys! Im posting this because there's something really wrong with sleep in el capitan...

I had a very nice install of Mavericks, with everything working, including sleep..
I have made a new fresh install of EL Capitan, and while performance is pretty much better, i have a big issue.
Every time i put the laptop to sleep the screen just goes black, and the lights remain on.
There's no instant wake problem, but the onlyway to get out of the black screen state is forcing the shutdown.
I've been reading RehabMan's post about 10.11 USB changes and solutions, but i am a bit lost.
I have no problem with doing DSDT patching or whatever would be necessary to solve this issue, it's just that there are many alternatives to solve it and I don't wanna mess up the install.
Could anyone kindly guide me to what would be the best procedure to follow?
My DSDT has been freshly patched, and i followed Rehabmans advice to not use multiplex patch, nor GenericUSBXHCI kext. 

Anyone would help?
Thanks in advance

PS: The only USB patch i used for the DSDT was the USB7/8 series patch

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! Im posting this because there's something really wrong with sleep in el capitan...

I had a very nice install of Mavericks, with everything working, including sleep..

I have made a new fresh install of EL Capitan, and while performance is pretty much better, i have a big issue.

Every time i put the laptop to sleep the screen just goes black, and the lights remain on.

There's no instant wake problem, but the onlyway to get out of the black screen state is forcing the shutdown.

I've been reading RehabMan's post about 10.11 USB changes and solutions, but i am a bit lost.

I have no problem with doing DSDT patching or whatever would be necessary to solve this issue, it's just that there are many alternatives to solve it and I don't wanna mess up the install.

Could anyone kindly guide me to what would be the best procedure to follow?

My DSDT has been freshly patched, and i followed Rehabmans advice to not use multiplex patch, nor GenericUSBXHCI kext. 

Anyone would help?

Thanks in advance

PS: The only USB patch i used for the DSDT was the USB7/8 series patch

Try ig-platform-id = 0x16260006 instead of 0x16160002.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot that your laptop is X550LD with Intel HD4400. From what you described, when your laptop woke from sleep state, you got black screen but Mac OS X seemed to work normally, right (you may enable 'feedback sound when volume is changed' in system preferences to check that) ? If that's the case, then changing ig-platform-id may fix the problem.

EDIT2: From the config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist by RehabMan, I saw that he used ig-platform-id = 0x0a260006. You may try it.  :lol: