nkleeman

Mac Pro 1,1 Need help with HD 5450

7 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a Mac Pro 1,1 and got OS X El Capitan running on it. Only issue I have run into, and could not fix with hours a googling is getting my Sapphire HD 5450 to work. As you can see in the picture it says no kext installed, Just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I an a noobie to Mac(for the most part). I have tried following guides for adding device ID and cannot get it working for me.

post-557952-0-38737000-1449615285_thumb.png

post-557952-0-07157000-1449615293_thumb.png

Advertisement

You need a different video card as that one is the stock one that came with it.  I have a GT-630 PC card so no boot screen.  I amazed that you are getting anything. Are you using Piker-Alpha Boot_EFI.  I have a small SSD drive for boot plus a mechanical one so I change the Boot_EFI in terminal after anOS grade. I have used mine for at least a year; it was my traveling computer to teach Basic DSLR, Lightroom and PSE but it was getting heavy just move it up a flight of stairs. I was going to get a Mac-Mini but was horrified when they came with soldered RAM. After I chose what I needed I could buy a laptop. So I got a 2012 13" MacBook Pro 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD drive and put the original drive in the cd slot with OWC Data Doubler.  Plus my main on is an 27" iMac and the old Gigabyte board that was a "Hackintosh" is now running Mint 17.x.

If you are not concern about the boot screen (no single user) a PC card would be fine. Otherwise you will need to burn the card for mac OS X.  Not sure how much you want to put into it btw at 16GB FB RAM the SSD drive boots as fast as either my laptop or iMac.

Lou Cioccio

You need a different video card as that one is the stock one that came with it.  I have a GT-630 PC card so no boot screen.  I amazed that you are getting anything. Are you using Piker-Alpha Boot_EFI.  I have a small SSD drive for boot plus a mechanical one so I change the Boot_EFI in terminal after anOS grade. I have used mine for at least a year; it was my traveling computer to teach Basic DSLR, Lightroom and PSE but it was getting heavy just move it up a flight of stairs. I was going to get a Mac-Mini but was horrified when they came with soldered RAM. After I chose what I needed I could buy a laptop. So I got a 2012 13" MacBook Pro 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD drive and put the original drive in the cd slot with OWC Data Doubler.  Plus my main on is an 27" iMac and the old Gigabyte board that was a "Hackintosh" is now running Mint 17.x.

If you are not concern about the boot screen (no single user) a PC card would be fine. Otherwise you will need to burn the card for mac OS X.  Not sure how much you want to put into it btw at 16GB FB RAM the SSD drive boots as fast as either my laptop or iMac.

Lou Cioccio

Yeah I am using Pikers Boot. I don't mind the no boot gui, as i am keeping my original card for troubleshooting. I am just having trouble getting it to run the kexts for it. I have read multiple success stories some are even a Mac Pro 1,1 running an anti 5450. Just trying to find someone that knows what I am doing wrong. Also would a Nvidia 9800 GT work better? may be able to get one for cheap.

For me with Clover, i need to fake device-id: 0x68E01002 to load the AMD5000Controller & use Eulemur framebuffer. I hope you find the way to implement it with macosxbootloader

Are you on a Hackintosh? Also could you guide me through faking the device-id and could i get eulemur frame buffer?

Got it fixed...Went and traded the graphics card at a computer resale shop. It now has the Nvidia Quadro FX580 Native Support. Now to check about Flashing it for boot up support.