[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

spakk

1,255 posts in this topic

rebooted in single user -s 

executed this command:

mount -uw /
sudo chown root:admin /
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches
now with the first kernel   Kernel10.11.2_FX.zip boot but same graphics bug "green icon"

amd fx 4xxx ... same for me. green icons bug. spakk kernel never booted for me :S

amd fx 4xxx ... same for me. green icons bug. spakk kernel never booted for me :S

Okay, plz test these test Kernel in post# 654 http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309765-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-33?p=2208647&do=findComment&comment=2208647

One strange that , if i disable sse4_1 , sse4_2 and ssse3 , i load 10.11.2 , i get's blue icons .
If i disable only ssse3 , i get's green icons ... =))) 

Bronya take a look at this, Maybe its the source of the FX error as it caused all the graphical problems in Mavericks,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-199?p=1965111&do=findComment&comment=1965111

• Like 1

I have created El-Capitan 10.11.2 installer following procedure above, this was for AMD PC with FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth rev 1.0 motherboard with Geforce 660 GTX graphics card (Radeon HD 7870 kept giving me white screen issue so I swapped it for an Nvidia card that works OOB).  

It ran through installation Ok except I had no mouse during the install and had to use the keyboard controls to pass through the various install screens.  I had already configured a new SSD for os x, which was just as well as I couldn't access Disk Utility or any other features during the installation.  

I installed using Bronya's Kernel 10.11.2 rc1, but when installation completes and I reboot to usb to load OS from HD I get instant reboot, once devices such as fire wire, ethernet etc. detected. 

Anyone know the likely cause of the instant reboot?  I have tried different and by that I mean additional bootflags to the ones in the extra folder chameleon.plist, but with no change.

try this kernel http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309765-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-kernel-testing-release-for-help-use-the-help-topic/page-32?do=findComment&comment=2208446

for usb problem see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

with added mtrr.c of Sinetek

good luck!

We need someone who tests with Fx CPU :)

okay. ill test  and in couple hours ill give reports :D

good luck!

We need someone who tests with Fx CPU :)

can I try it on A6-5400k ?

I've test it, still same glitch, but little more performance? My El Cap loading fast than before.

• Like 1

good luck!

We need someone who tests with Fx CPU 

System run Faster no crashes s far, a nice addition i say :) icons don't loading :( .You have to realize that icons don't loading at all there are no graphical glitches what we see as green/blue color is just the placeholder for the missing icons, it's nothing like this http://s13.postimg.org/s6g34u247/apple_logo_318_40184.pngthere are no icon behind the green on our bug, we see the placeholder of the icon because the icon not loading.I 've found that the iconcache is stored in /Var/folders/dm/[some gibberish folder]/C/com.apple.iconservices/ there is a store.index there deleting it didn't helped at all because system rebuilds it without the icons because icons are not loaded.

• Like 2

Use clover 3320 ! Gils has written in one post.

Otherwise, check the GraphicsDrivers in to the info.plist, in how far your vendor ID and device ID is registered, if not registered then edit the Info.plist. (if Enoch bootloader is used)

Wait, clover now works now? I don't have that backup anymore (deleted it for storage for graphics, damn)

Yeah I've read that post already. :) I've made all those instructions, but still no result.( But with Enoch and your USB-Fix everything works flawlessly (even with those only 3 IO kexts), I only need to find active USB port for mouse. I have uploaded my clover config file with package, where dsdt is and all other stuff, so you can watch it. If Marius could upload his config file for clover, that would be nice, I would analyze it then and maybe I would found where the problem is. If talking about your patched dsdt for me (big thank you by the way), then it has no affect for my system. I've tried with both bootloaders, clover and enoch, I even tried to turn off any patches for DSDT (including ACPI and PCI patches) in clover config - no success.( Same tricks i've made even with USB-Fix package and the result was the same. Oh and I suppose that my graphics doesn't need to be patched, it is working out of the box on my os x system, or maybe I don't understand something?

I'm getting a headache and my HDD is nearly full of kernels, here a kernel based on my 10.9.5 amd kernel, this was compatible/ worked with FX CPUs and had no problems with graphics glitchy on Mavericks.

>> Now you must to test whether this kernel is compatible with el capo on FX CPUs

10.11.2_fx_Cpu.zip

• Like 3

Yeah I've read that post already. :) I've made all those instructions, but still no result.( But with Enoch and your USB-Fix everything works flawlessly (even with those only 3 IO kexts), I only need to find active USB port for mouse. I have uploaded my clover config file with package, where dsdt is and all other stuff, so you can watch it. If Marius could upload his config file for clover, that would be nice, I would analyze it then and maybe I would found where the problem is. If talking about your patched dsdt for me (big thank you by the way), then it has no affect for my system. I've tried with both bootloaders, clover and enoch, I even tried to turn off any patches for DSDT (including ACPI and PCI patches) in clover config - no success.( Same tricks i've made even with USB-Fix package and the result was the same. Oh and I suppose that my graphics doesn't need to be patched, it is working out of the box on my os x system, or maybe I don't understand something?

contact Marius and ask him to send you his config.plist  :)

ImmortalSouL,  can you test my last kernel, plz

Edited by spakk

Wait, clover now works now? I don't have that backup anymore (deleted it for storage for graphics, damn)

with clover I think you need to write the fake-ID in the config.plist, for your graphics card? I'm not firm with clover.

I'm getting a headache and my HDD is nearly full of kernels, here a kernel based on my 10.9.5 amd kernel, this was compatible/ worked with FX CPUs and had no problems with graphics glitchy on Mavericks.

>> Now you must to test whether this kernel is compatible with el capo on FX CPUs

still same graphic bug, go get some fresh air for a while bro :)

still same graphic bug, go get some fresh air for a while bro :)

how can you write that this kernel makes the same graphics issues, if you have not tested the kernel?  B)

• Like 2

I already am ashamed to say, but the same bugs.

how can you write that this kernel makes the same graphics issues, if you have not tested the kernel?   B)

Kernel download only me.

• Like 1

it's crazy, then everything will not display correctly on insaneleymac, crazy, not just a spook on FX CPU but also on insaneleymac.com  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

download.png

it's crazy, then everything will not display correctly on insaneleymac, crazy, not just a spook on FX CPU but also on insaneleymac.com  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

yup, when I click it not count, maybe I am the ghost in here  :angel_not:

post-1613657-0-34225000-1453390217_thumb.png

• Like 1

contact Marius and ask him to send you his config.plist  :)

ImmortalSouL,  can you test my last kernel, plz

Ok, I'll create test partition, test it and give you my report. ;)

upd. Well I've tried any usb port for my mouse, I even unplugged every USB device, but my mouse was still dead. Only keyboard was working, so I've tried to install os x with only keyboard, but unfortunately it stuck at 16 minutes left, and because of that my mouse is not working there, I couldn't open console to see what problem is. Perhaps I should create new USB installer, not sure.  No problem, I just need more patience. :D Yet I have not much time to test, but I try when it possible.