InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
spakk

[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

Advertisement

i wanna try el-capitan on my ryzen. which kernel should i use?

use the pages where Ryzen kernel is treated (here on insaneleymac) then you will find various kernels for Ryzen CPU (by bronya)

Just an fyi in general the latest bronya (el capo ryzen) kernel / Enoch 2877  works also fine with 10.11.6 on my very old AMD 9550  Phenom .

no fakesmc ,no nullcpu , basicly no kexts used except the EHCI Dummy for USB  , sound not tested couldnt be bothered yet ;)  no glitchy icons , artefacts etc .

(my test screen is only an old 15 inch vga therefore screeny is a bit tight ;)  )

YEXYXwm.png

Could you please upload this kernel or give a link? I was able to find only Bronya`s kernel for Sierra/High Sierra.

Prelinked kernel failed, use/install USB-FIX v3 for El Capitan and follow the instructions!

Instruction and download-link: 

www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

Then your system will boot successfully!

Link is dead :( Anybody have a new one?