164 posts in this topic

Got it working now. Had to use the Radeon framebuffer driver instead of Baladi. So important lessons for me were:

- make sure to have a UEFI vbios on the graphics card (use the dual bios toggle so you can easily swap between UEFI and Legacy vbios when necessary, the Z170X uefi setup menu doesn't always work with the UEFI vbios)

- disable the networking stack in the UEFI settings, as well as IOAPIC and CSM

- enable XHC Hand Off

- don't use fakeid and use the correct framebuffer

Now only problem is that sleep doesn't work; the screen goes black but the computer doesn't go to sleep and just stops responding entirely.

Advertisement

I moded your dsdt, deleted wireless adaptor and graphic card information.

The audio still does not work.

I install the attached AppleHDA.kext into S\L\E, put the Creative-CA0132.kext into EFL\Clover\kexts\10.11\

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks!

I moded your dsdt, deleted wireless adaptor and graphic card information.

The audio still does not work.

I install the attached AppleHDA.kext into S\L\E, put the Creative-CA0132.kext into EFL\Clover\kexts\10.11\

Is there anything I missed?

Thanks!

Only DSDT?? Did you use my config.plist too??

Only DSDT?? Did you use my config.plist too??

Yes, I use your config.plist as well, but with a few modification.

The config.plist is as attached.

config.plist.zip

Yes, I use your config.plist as well, but with a few modification.

The config.plist is as attached.

Can you upload image of DPCIManager.app. Run it, and take a screenshot :D

Can you upload image of DPCIManager.app. Run it, and take a screenshot :D

I will do that on next Monday, the computer is in my office.

Were you ever able to get sound working with soft volume control? I'm running the same motherboard with an i5-6600K and have the following issues still:

1) no soft-volume control

2) CPU seems to only drop to ~1600 MHz

3) Can't run Intel Power Gadget (crashes when launched)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Your post was instrumental in me getting this running in the first place so THANK YOU!

I have a Z170X GAMING 7 motherboard and I wasn't able to make sound work after the 10.11.4 update.

I tried a bunch of methods and no success. I was using the original method (posted on page 1) before the update.

Anything that I am missing?

Thanks.

I got audio working after a few tries mixing the ACPI folder from the OP and the config.plist I already had working.. The problem is that randomly I got no sound after a while it was playing.. anyone else had the same issue?

I got audio working after a few tries mixing the ACPI folder from the OP and the config.plist I already had working.. The problem is that randomly I got no sound after a while it was playing.. anyone else had the same issue?

Yes, I have the same issue. When my sound is gone randomly, I should boot with windows OS then check sound in Windows. If working in windows, your mac will recognize sound as well,.

I have no idea why it is working like that. I am regretting buying gaming7, not 5.

Yes, I have the same issue. When my sound is gone randomly, I should boot with windows OS then check sound in Windows. If working in windows, your mac will recognize sound as well,.

I have no idea why it is working like that. I am regretting buying gaming7, not 5.

I just reboot into osx and it works, but I have to reboot :S

UPDATE: I just discovered unplugging and plugging back in the jack makes the sound work again

Hello everyone,

I have a very similar setup - except I can't my GPU to remain selected with the NVIDIA Webdriver after reboot - also shutdown doesn't work (just reboots to clover bootloader).

I've tried various things, but finally got a stable system (after quite a few attempts and re-installations) and thus I have lived with it :)

However if any of you would know how I can fix these 2 issues (shutdown issue and webdriver) then I'd be super grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Hi people,

Just to let you know. I found a new "on the fly patch for the sound card CA0132. It's from the coder vit9696 with the valuable help of vandroiy2012.

It's the better driver choice than a patched AppleHDA. Cause even if there is a new system update from apple, the sound will be working without any modification.  

You can test it and post results here :

http://www.insanelym...hing/?p=2237829

Cheers

Anyone experience their system being super slow after waking from sleep? I used the general settings zip from the first post.

Yes it works but no volume control. BTW, you should use iasl to modify ssdt-0 ssdt-7 and no error.

Modify them how?

download iasl from rehabman, put iasl and dsdt.aml ssdt-0 etc in same directory.  open terminal and cd into that directory and run ./iasl -da -dl *.aml. you can use your own ssdt file, from ssdt-0 to ssdt-6. Then no error in ssdt 

Hello everyone,

I have a very similar setup - except I can't my GPU to remain selected with the NVIDIA Webdriver after reboot - also shutdown doesn't work (just reboots to clover bootloader).

I've tried various things, but finally got a stable system (after quite a few attempts and re-installations) and thus I have lived with it :)

However if any of you would know how I can fix these 2 issues (shutdown issue and webdriver) then I'd be super grateful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Anyone know where I should start to solve this?

Hello, pretty great guide.

Problem is once I get into disk utility through clover on my PC it doesn't display any of my hard drives, just the usb stick and two 'External Apple' drives of 2 and 4 gb.

I have three drives in my system

1 2tb data drive in GPT with 1 NTFS partition

1 250gb SSD in MBR with a NTFS partition for games and exFat partition where I want to install hackintosh

1 500gb ssd that is my windows install in MBR.

As I said none of these properly show up in disk utility.

My system:

Motherboard: Gigabyth z170x Gaming 7 (obv)

CPU: I5 6600k

RAM: G.SKILL 16gb 2400

VGA: GTX980TI

As I said I'm able to get into clover no problem at all but once I load install osx and choose disk manager it doesn't show my drives.

Hi, We're you able to get iMessage, thunderbolt, USB c and USB superSpeed (red port) working?

Please help.

Hi Guys, i upgraded my motherboard from Z170-HD3 to Z170X-Gaming 7 :)

System Specifications :

Processor : Intel Core i7 6700 SkyLake 

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z170X - Gaming 7 (I need more onboard Sata Ports)

VGA : Palit Jetstream GTX960 4GB DDR5

Memory : Dual Channel Team Extreem Dark 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 3000Mhz OC

Storages : 6 Storages (120GB SSD Natno For Windows 10 Enterprise, 120GB Fujitsu for OS X El Capitan, 2TB For Data Multimedia / Program, 2TB for Master Game Installer, 500GB For Data OS X, 500GB for Game Live Installed)

Optical Drive : Asus DVD-RW Box

LAN : Dual LAN - Killer LAN E2400 dan Intel I219V

Wifi Card : TP-Link TL-WDN4800

Camera : A4Tech PK-920H WebCam

Monitor : 2X Asus VN248H @24" Full HD Supported

Audio Codec : Creative CA0132

Clover version : 3330

OS X Version : El Capitan 10.11.2 Beta Build 15C48a

Boot Mode : UEFI with CSM Disabled

Working : 

1. QE/CI Full Support with Nvdia

2. Camera Webcam OOB

3. Sleep, Restart, Shutdown 

4. I use Voodoo HDA version 2.8.8 for my Creative CA0132

5. HDMI Audio from Nvidia Card

6. Power Management, Multiplier dan Turbo Boost with SSDTPrGen from Pike R. Alpha

7. iMessages (Inject MLB and ROM from Real MacBookPro)

8. LAN Killer E2400

9. Etc

Not Working : 

1. Can'nt use AppleHDA :( Update : we can use AppleHDA for Creative CA0132. See here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309441-new-applehda-patcher/?p=2194865

2. Not supported Ethernet I219V yet Work with new kext see here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/205771-appleintele1000ekext-for-108107106105/page-38?do=findComment&comment=2195842credit to @alreadystarted

3. Intel HD 7000 Integrated

4. Super Speed USB 3.0 not function at 10.11.2 Beta version. But, with 10.11.1 Public releas it's working nicely. Bug i thought. Update : with 10.11.2 Build 15C50 all USB are Working, use my "Z170X-Gaming-7-USB3.0-Injection.kext" and SMBios 17.1 Credit to Rehabman

I just need to flash bios into beta version then Go to BIOS Setup and "disable IOAPIC Entry" :) , then dumping your DSDT with Clover and check about all of your XHC device port and make USBInjection.kext from Clover :)

This is my Files

1. This is for Z170X-Gaming 7 + Palit Jetstream Nvidia GTX960 + TL-WDN4800. So if your system build is not same to my sytem then you need to modify DSDT File. Click>>Z170X-Gaming 7 Conifguration Tested by Me<<< to download files

2. Universal Setting Clover. Try to use this one if you have different Graphics Card, Processor and PCI-E Device. If you want to use Integrated Graphics and Discrette Graphics Card then set into BIOS for Primary Graphics from IGFX then just boot and it should active your integrated first and discrette graphics output few later. If you just want to boot with Discrette Graphics then set at bios primary graphics is PCI-E. Click>>>General Setting Without Graphic Injection for Z170X-Gaming 7<< to download files

3. AppleHDA Creative CA0132 Work without Volume Control. Click >>AppleHDA Files<< to download files. After extract you will get Creative-CA0132.kext, Layout1.zml.zlib, Platform.zml.zlib and Patch-OTF.plist.

Tutorial for AppleHDA (First you need to remove VooDooHDA.kext + HDADisabler.kext + HDAEnabler.kext if you used it before)

3a. LayoutID has been set "1" with DSDT. So you don't need to set it again with HDAEnabler or Clover Injection.

3b. Extract the files and you will find "Creative-CA0132.kext" copy this to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11

3c. Open your config.plist with Clover Configurator and add this to "Kernel and Kext Patches->KextToPatch" section (you can see this patch at "Patch-OTF.plist")

Name : AppleHDA

Find : 786d6c2e7a6c

Replace : 7a6d6c2e7a6c

Comment : Change Path XML to ZML

Name : AppleHDA

Find :  0088ec1a

Replace : 11000211

Comment : Rename Codec 1

Name :  AppleHDA

Find : 7419ad15

Replace : 00000000

Comment : Reset Codec

3d. Copy your original AppleHDA.kext from System/Library/Extensions to Desktop. Then copy "layout1.zml.zlib" and "Platform.zml.zlib" to this kext with path "AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources". And reinstall the kext with Kext Utility.  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim: . Credit to Wern Apfel, Mirone and Abxite for XML to ZML method

Special Note : If you have already use my DSDT and Config.plist then you can skip step 3a. 3b and 3c

Another Screenshots

hi

thx for this post

but i follow the tuto

and control volume dosen't work

how to reactive control volume please,,,,,

smbios actually is iMac 17.1

thx by advance

hi

thx for this post

but i follow the tuto

and control volume dosen't work

how to reactive control volume please,,,,,

smbios actually is iMac 17.1

thx by advance

check this out: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?p=2221652

I'm running a Gigabyte Z179X-Gaming 7 with AppleALC, Layout-ID 4 and it works almost perfectly (with volume control)