So I've successfully built my rig and installed Mac os
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi Intel Core i7 9700k Ballistix Sport 32gb Samsung evo 500gb nv Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse Corsair h60 The thing is that I got it running perfectly, even performed some heavy video renderings with no problem but sometimes it just restarts on its own, sometimes when I'm using Chrome, sometimes when I'm editing or whatever other task. Last time it happened I got the forbidden sign on the screen so I tried to boot up again using the -v flag and I got the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" message, which is very strange because I had no problems in booting up the system after I made my configurations in the config.plist
Please someone give me some help with this problem, I'm completly stucked!!
Lenovo T460 macOS with Clover Guide
Latest Release on GitHub (February 2020) Updated to Clover r5104 Updated Lilu based kexts - Lilu, ALC, WEG Updated acidanthera VoodooPS2 kext v2.1.1 the older 1.9 to the Misc Folder as an option.
Various Tweaks over Last months The zip file is a complete Clover ESP (/EFI) bundle and kext pack for the Lenovo T460. The current file bundle is tested on Sierra.
Note: I never got the GFX fully working on El Capitan.
Full Clover file set - config.plist etc. Includes all custom kexts Includes custom DSDT/SSDT scripts and patches Utility scripts The zip bundles are posted to GitHub: https://github.com/tluck/Lenovo-T460-Clover/releases
Caveat: The T460 systems used here was configured with: i5-6300U, Intel HD Graphics 520, 1920x1080 touch screen. If you have a different system model, then extract the ACPI files and use the included scripts to create a set of files consistent with your system type and BIOS version. See below for details.
Credits: RehabMan, Shmilee, vusun123, TimeWalker, Mieze from which, much of their work and help is/was was used to get the T460 to this point.
Devices and aspects working:
Ethernet - Intel I219LM is enabled via IntelMausiEthernext.kext WiFi/BT - substitute the Intel WiFi/BT with a compatible Broadcom or Atheros chip Audio - ALC293 codec implemented via AppleALC.kext (the old AppleHDA_ALC293 and CodecCommander kexts are not needed) PS2 - ClickPad + TrackPoint + all 3 buttons - using a modified VoodooPS2Controller to support new layouts - and added some custom Fn key maps based on 440/450 dsdt USB - implemented via custom SSDT + USBInjectAll kext. All USB3/USB2 ports are intel-based and work - 3 external USB and internal Camera, BT, etc Sleep/Wake - the sleepwatcher package and custom sleep/wake scripts are used to help with sleep/wake for BT and PS2 devices. Note: have not tried to implement the SD card reader - no driver found.
New Installation - Steps and Details
Part 1 - OS Installation
Part 2- Post OS Installation and Setup
Notes on Custom Kexts
Im having similar issue with my HS setup, dell latitute 3480, i5-7200U
Once the hdmi plugged in, the laptop display went blank, only could see the external tv
But, when i put my laptop to sleep & wake up again, both screen got display (hdmi still connected)
Even the hdmi could be plugged off & in (after sleep), the laptop display is fine
What could be the culprit?
Dell’s MacBook Pro IORegistry.zip
Hi, I'm trying to install Mac Os Catalina on a HP 550-132NL.
The system has:
RAM 12 GB
LAN Realtek RTL8161
It passes the verbose phase but after the Apple logo goes away, it gets stuck on a grey screen and I can only move the pointer.
Can I try to boot with the iGPU?
I have put together this simple little guide for anybody wanting to use a Patched DSDT EFI with the same configuration as me.
This is also a thread to discuss everything Z390 Master and try and help where we can and maybe make things a little better for you.
A huge massive thank you to @glasgood @MaLd0n @larabee These three guys have helped me and talked me so much and are as helpful as you could ever get, Without them I wouldn't have a perfect working build like I do or be putting up this Guide & Discussion Thread sharing the hard work and countless hours that we have all put in to this.
This EFI and Patched DSDT have been created to work with a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master using bios revision F11c, 9900k with a 5700 XT but has also been tested and verified fully working with the following Hardware
8600K, 8700, 8700K, 9600K, 9700K, 9900K, 9900KS
RX 560, 570, 580, 590, Vega 56, Vega 64, Radion VII, 5700, 5700 XT
(If you have success with any different CPU or GPU's then please do let me know)
@glasgood Has kindly put together a new simple Catalina install guide so Just Follow He's Guide For a Perfect Install. (glasgood put the guide together for the Z390 Pro but the two boards are so alike that you can follow this guide with no problems at all using the Z390 Master)
• Intel I9 9900k @5.2Ghz
• Gigabyte AORUS Z390 MASTER
• Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT ( connected to monitor with DisplayPort )
• Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB @3600mhz (2 x 16GB)
• Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit
• EK Custom Liquid Cooling Loop
• Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD macOS Catalina 10.15.3
• Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD (2.5) Windows 10 Pro
• ABWB BCM943602CS 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E)
• Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic ATX Case
• Ethernet Port
• SSD Trim
• USB 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Open Natively)
• Hardware Acceleration
• Sleep & Wake
• Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
• Netflix on Safari browser
• Sidecar (only works using the iMac19,1 EFI and with your igpu Enabled)
CLOVER EFI FOLDERS
please note - You must flash your Z390 MASTER bios to revision F11c to use any of these EFI's, The DSDT is not designed for any other Bios revision
mb_bios_z390-aorus-master_f11c.zip - Aorus Z390 Master Bios F11c
Use this folder with fully patched DSDT
EFI Update - 04/02/2020 - Use with Bios revision F11c Only or Replace with the older F10 DSDT if you don't want to update the bios
AG Clover Z390 Master Navi Vega EFI.zip - Vega, Navi (5700, 5700XT), Radeon VII DSDT EFI
AG Clover Z390 Master Polaris EFI.zip - RX5XX Polaris DSDT EFI
CFG Unlock (MSR) F11c BIOS Profile - The Easy Way
Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU
ADDITIONAL DSDT's & Older EFI’s (A big thanks to @MaLd0n for compiling these DSDT's)
Alternative EFI - OpenCore No DSDT and Done the way OpenCore intended it (04/02/2020)
Alternative EFI 2 - N-D-K Fork of OpenCore (04/02/2020)
To Create Your Own Patched DSDT Message @MaLd0n using the link bellow
(If you want a perfect setup then getting your own patched DSDT made would be the best thing to do, Mine will work perfectly fine but different hardware no matter how small a change it is can tend to have some sort of effect on the DSDT and your setup)
If Your Not Using File Vault Then Please Disable Hibernate
BroadcomFix.zip (Use these kexts if your Broadcom bluetooth/Wifi isn't working properly)
Native Display Brightness with MonitorControl
BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11C)
• Enter BIOS → Press Delete → Enter Setup
• Save & Exit → Load Optimized Defaults
• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled
• Save & Exit → Save & Exit Setup