Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mestiso

ALC269VC on Sony VAIO SVE1512

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm on OSX since 10.5 and 4 laptops to date, but this one is a pain.

I have a sloppy, but working Clover based 10.11.1 on HDD, but since I just bought a SSD drive, I decided to start from scratch, looking for latest solutions.

I found an excellent guide for similar device, but audio does not work.

I do have a semi working patched AppleHDA, v2.5.3 by Mirone (attached), found somewhere years ago, but in the past I had some issues after wake (seems ok now) and audio through HDMI does not work.

Thing is that apparently my ALC269VC is somehow a very rare thing manufactured by Sony, I can't really find any proper solution.

I thought that someone could help me doing this properly once for all, using DummyHDA to persist stuff between updates.

Device info:

CodecCommander: ....CodecVendor Id: 0x10ec0269CodecCommander: ....Codec Address: 0
CodecCommander: ....Subsystem Id: 0x104d6900
CodecCommander: ....PCI Sub Id: 0x104d90ab

Vendor Id: 10ec:0269
Subsystem Id: 104d:6900
Revision Id: 100202
I do believe that this ALSA report here has the same HDA codec information as my device (ctrl+f Realtek ALC269VC).

Any support would be greatly appreciated, with beer donations.

Cheers!

AppleHDA-ALC268VC-2.5.3-Mirone.kext.zip

Sony VAIO SVE1512M1EW - Clover config, DSDT, codec dump and IOReg.zip

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By moman2000
      Hi,

Here it is (attached) for anyone who needs it for patching or restoring!

Taken from macOS 10.14 Beta 1 18A293u

Regards,
      Mohamed
      AppleHDA_282.5.kext.zip
    • By rio2
      How to make AppleHDAController load on Ryzen boards?
      Rename(/add) your audio controller to your DSDT/SSDT as HDEF Add a _DSM method to your HDEF device with layout id 1 Patch the AppleHDAController binary, because it has a static table containing the supported PCI Vendor/DeviceID pairs and it also checks the VendorID against known values. As an example I provide a dif file and patched 10.13.3 binary, but if you want to I can patch the binary for other versions.  
      After AppleHDAController loads to actually get sound working you need to patch AppleHDA.kext for the codec on your board. First I tried to use Lilu+AppleALC for this task, but for some reason it refused to work. (I might look into it later why) But for the time being it was easier to use toleda's cloverALC script for that, but to make it work I had to change(/remove) the specified location of the HDEF device from the script. And for some reason it also required me to mount the EFI partition manually.

Change this:
      if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF@1") != 0 ]]; then Into this:
      if [[ $(cat /tmp/HDEF.txt | grep -c "HDEF") != 0 ]]; then  
      AppleHDAController_Patched10.13.3
      AppleHDAController-10.13.3-AMD.bdiff
    • By frenzycoder
      Hi, 

I try to get a notebook working vanilla. 

I used clover and patched DSDT.aml to get it booting. Now I have power-management issues and sound left. 
      Sound is more important for me at the moment.

My notebook has following hardware: 
      Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Skylake PCH-H 

lspci on ubuntu said: 
      00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio (rev 21)

id: multimedia description:  Audio device product:  Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio vendor:  Intel Corporation physical id:  1f.3 bus info:  pci@0000:00:1f.3 version:  21 width:  64 bits clock:  33MHz capabilities:  pm msi bus_master cap_list configuration: driver = snd_hda_intel latency = 32 resources: irq : 128 memory : df120000-df123fff memory : df100000-df10ffff  
      What would be the best way to install it? 
      Is it possible to do it only with EFI/Clover or do I have to touch /L/E?