johnrey

El Capitan UEFI Clover on Sony Vaio S

151 posts in this topic

My old config is working fine.

I had 6go of ram before in my clover config (not just in the config but it was actually the case.) It didn't boot up with the correct config so I choose to simply put the onboard ram and it booted up (with a lot of different change so I've no clue if it was one of the right change for it to boot.)

Using yours it's not working, I've deleted most of the kexts I had in my old clover usb config and the installer is still booting fine!

Also!

If you already have windows on your machine and you booted to it previously, you might need to reboot to windows in order to boot either osx or osx installer. Usually, I simply boot back to windows login screen and shutdown it from there. Now, the installer/osx is able to properly boot.

Edit:

I have succesfully removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext from my usb stick and it's still booting fine!

So now the only thing I have different from your installation is the config.plist file.

I think there's some entry in your config.plist for 1366x768 that are not needed. Also, when I removed xcpm from the boot option, it booted to a kernel panic.

Edit 2 : Here's my working config without useless kexts

post-1613107-0-47569200-1448317232_thumb.png

post-1613107-0-31368500-1448319174_thumb.png

config.plist.zip

Advertisement

My old config is working fine.

I had 6go of ram before in my clover config (not just in the config but it was actually the case.) It didn't boot up with the correct config so I choose to simply put the onboard ram and it booted up (with a lot of different change so I've no clue if it was one of the right change for it to boot.)

Using yours it's not working, I've deleted most of the kexts I had in my old clover usb config and the installer is still booting fine!

Also!

If you already have windows on your machine and you booted to it previously, you might need to reboot to windows in order to boot either osx or osx installer. Usually, I simply boot back to windows login screen and shutdown it from there. Now, the installer/osx is able to properly boot.

Does your config work with El Capitan or Yosemite? There's a big difference.

El capitan is successfully installed on my computer using the following configuration. There is some variation in my configuration to make everything working on my actual installation.. (not in the installer but in the installed os)

Edit:

Okay just backd up my old hdd and restored it to my ssd, everything is booting fine.. Since I'm pretty sure I don't have the best config for my el capitan installation, I will redo everything (gonna start by making your config.plist to work on my system..)

Hi, Ive got a Sony Vaio SVF15212CXW (full specs are here http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-vaio-fit-15e-svf15212cxw-15-5-core-i3-3227u-windows-8-64-bit-4-gb-ram-500-gb-hdd-qwerty/specs/) 

I did everything as you told and got a kernel panic until I deleted the patched folder from the EFI. Screenshots of the verbose bootleg with kernel panic are attached. 

What shall I do with my DSDT and SSDT then?

post-1574312-0-13145600-1449912746_thumb.jpg

post-1574312-0-38692100-1449912759_thumb.jpg

post-1574312-0-48261200-1449912773_thumb.jpg

Post your EFI folder with patched ACPI folder. You could try to do it step-by-step to see where you get kernel panic.

1. Start with DSDT.
  2. Generate SSDT for Power Management.
  3. Patch SSDTs.

Hi everyone. I have tried with Sony Vaio SVE1512C6EW but it stuck in the apple load screen with bar complete. USB 32 gb following this method. When I tried in verbose mode it stuck in:

hfs: set VeryLowDisk: vol:untitled, freeblks:0, dangerlimit:12

I followed the instructions very carefully, but it stucks there. I used the screen resolution 1366x768 config.plist.

Any ideas? 

Thanx in advance.

hello,

my problem is, that after awaking from sleep the fan turns at maximum speed :-( 

Only a reboot solve this problem.

Any Idea?

SVE14A2X1EH

regards and merry christmas

That happens to me too, just leave it for a while, it will spin down, it's not harmful or anything, I've had it on windows too.

@riffrico something weird there is SNB driver (gpu driver for intel 1st gen), either your specs are old (cuz this guide is mostly for 3rd gen cpus) or your config.plist is misleading the os, or your installer is corrupted (remake it as the guide states exactly, if still the same, redownload the installer again).

Other than that, make sure there is no ssdt/dsdt in patched folder

Hi midi, thanx for reply. Specs stuff: Pentium B980 / 2.4 GHz, Graphic Integrated Intel (2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller), network AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter Atheros. Maybe cpu is too old for El Capitan. Anyway, and happy Xmas. 

Gr8, I've redone the guide (after a while without OS X) and everything (didn't test USB yet) is working :)

I have one little problem is the USB DSDT patch from the U430 repo, I used to patch my DSDT with the full patch from the repo, but since Rehabman made the SSDT_HACK.dsl, all USB DSDT patches are gone, the small part that you provided gives me 4 errors. (I'm using clover's ones for now)

Hi midi, thanx for reply. Specs stuff: Pentium B980 / 2.4 GHz, Graphic Integrated Intel (2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller), network AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter Atheros. Maybe cpu is too old for El Capitan. Anyway, and happy Xmas. 

As I expected, Pentium's GPUs wont work on OS X, you have to patch the graphic kexts (donno if there are and donno if it works), or the best thing is to buy a whole new laptop with at lease i3 for a compatible GPU.

:)

ok, I fixed the DSDT issue (it was just a damn it was replaced by and made all that fuss), still, I have an issue that was fixed before, my laptop starts each time I un/plug a usb device! It goes eventually back to sleep but it's annoying because of the usb mouse, each time I move it the computer starts up! When I applied the full U430 USB patch, I didn't have such problem :/

That happens to me too, just leave it for a while, it will spin down, it's not harmful or anything, I've had it on windows too.

Hi,

it sucks me. the fan doesn't spin down after awaking from sleep. At win7 no problem.

Any idea where to begin to solve the bawling fan prob?

regards

Hi,

it sucks me. the fan doesn't spin down after awaking from sleep. At win7 no problem.

Any idea where to begin to solve the bawling fan prob?

regards

Wait you're running in UEFI mode? Cuz I was told to change between AptioFix2 and AptioFix and see if the problem is fixed, for me it happens rarely, and my VAIO came with windows 8 Pro so it's UEFI, I don't know about those who got it with windows 7.

Wait you're running in UEFI mode? Cuz I was told to change between AptioFix2 and AptioFix and see if the problem is fixed, for me it happens rarely, and my VAIO came with windows 8 Pro so it's UEFI, I don't know about those who got it with windows 7.

Hi,

the laptop is running in UEFI Mode. AptioFix is required, otherwise booting stops.

Can't tell you the difference, whether AptioFix2 additionally is loaded or not. In both cases the laptop is running but after awaking the fan spins at maximum.

The only thing i can observe is, that after the screen is available, it takes 3-4 seconds until the fan starts spinning.

My vaio came with W8 too. Do not have this problem with W8 (uefi) and W7 (legacy).

OH! hey, do not put both of them, alternate between them, remove one and try the other, remake your dsdt. If you don't have the latest UEFI FW update, update it, and remake all the SSDTs and DSDT (you must do it if you updated). that's all I can help with :)

thank you very much for the guide it installed osx almost flawlessly. i want to dual boot with windows 10 but im having difficulties. i had yosemite and win8 running on the same drive with midis guide . now I have 2 drives and i used midi's guide as a guide to install each os on each drive but it didn't work. could you help me dualboot with win10 and capt on 2 different drives or the same one if thats easier (i heard it's better to use different drives to avoid corrupting files between the two os's trying to take over). the youtube videos i found were using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] i think but still trying to follow something like that didnt work because after installing windows it would give me this error at boot File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe Error code: 0xc000000e ofcourse this wasy trying to use diskutility and formating the windows drive as ms-dos. When i tried midis way i tried formating the partitions as mac journaled but when i tried to install windows 10 on that partition it wouldn't let me. Any help would be apreciated it

My guide is to install OS X & any other OS (Windows/Linux/OS X) on the same drive I never said 2 drives or anything, it's just you need two partitions! Anyway, I've made a miniguide (a quick one) here about resizing OS X partition and stuff, here I'll quote myself from there:

So you type in terminal:

diskutil list
It will output you drives and volumes, you'll notice (most of the time) that the disk where os x resides in is disk0 (recheck and if not, use the disk number you have like disk1 ...), and the partition of os x is something like "disk0s2" since disk0s1 is EFI (again, if not check the according numbers), type then:
diskutil resizeVolume disk0s1 200G
Wait for it to resize, that will make us a 64GB free space for windows
Then plug a blank usb (4GB at least) and you should have a windows 8 iso (or 8.1 or whatever, but not lesser than 8) with its according version you got the tablet with (either pro or the non pro one, but that's not an issue), open bootcamp, select "make windows 7 or later disk" (just that do not check any other one) then, select your iso then your blank usb and hit next (if it didnt work retry again) and leave it make the usb. Once done, reboot into the usb (Boot the tablet hitting volume down and power, you will get UEFI: <insert your usb drive model here> ) and let it boot into windows installer, once there, choose "unused free space" then hit next and let it install

for

diskutil resizeVolume disk0s1 200G

You can change 200G to whatever size you want in Gigabytes or if you want a percentage you type X% where is X is the percentage that the target partition will get.

Use UEFI to boot Windows install, esle it wont accept it because of the Partition Table (GPT).
After that! Download Explorer++, extract it and then open Command Prompt in Admin (by hitting Windows + X then A, or by going to start, type cmd then right click it and Open As Administrator) and type 

diskpart

then when it loads up type 

list vol

you should get something like this:

Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
  ----------  ---  -----------  -----  ----------  -------  ---------  --------
  Volume 0     C                NTFS   Partition    118 GB  Healthy    Boot
  Volume 1         EFI          FAT32  Partition    200 MB  Healthy    System

(As I'm not using my VAIO with that OS X drive, I just gave an example with my other computer)

As you see there is a volume Labeled EFI, if you don't find it, look for a volume with ~200 to ~300 MB and is FAT32 (make sure there is not USB drive or any other drive plugged in, if that's the case, remove them and retype list vol) type then 

sel vol 1

# a message will confirm your selection should appear

assign letter=S

# a message should confirm either success or failing the mounting the drive, if it's the latter, 
# change the letter form S to an unused letter

exit

then after that, open Explorer++ in Admin, then select S (or whatever letter you have) then explore it and make sure it's where Clover is installed in (I really don't know if I had two drive what would happen! I still have my ODD) then go to EFI > Microsoft > Boot and then rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfww.efi or whatever, just don't leave it bootmgfw.efi, reboot to OS X and then in Clover Configurator > GUI > Custom Entry > + > :

Title : Windows

Path : \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfww.efi (or whatever you renamed it to)

Type : Windows

then save your config, now you should be able to dual boot!

Hope I helped :)

@johnrey

would you please update the USB patch part? this one is universal

# rename EHC1 to EH01
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1\. replaceall_matched begin EH01. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC1, replaceall_matched begin .EH01, end;

# rename EHC2 to EH02
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2\. replaceall_matched begin EH02. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC2, replaceall_matched begin .EH02, end;

And is your SATA Speed capped to 3Gbps or full 6Gbps (it's the latest FW flaw!) and is there any way to downgrade? (my SSD can't go to its full potential!)

thanks for the hint. I found one more complex USB patch but since it worked for me, I used the simple one. Will change that anyway.

My SATA speed is max. 3Gbps. I don't know if it's a FW thing. I know that my Sony VAIO T13 supports 6Gbps. To be honest, you won't notice a difference. I use SSD, too and random access is more important than max. speed on big files. It's pretty much as fast a an SSD on 6Gbps bandwidth. Only when copying large files you'll notice a difference. Even my MacBook Pro Retina with PCIe SSD is significantly faster 'only' when transferring big files. Correct me if I'm wrong. :)

EDIT: To be honest, I don't see a difference between the patch you typed and the one already present in the guide. :o

the \ in the begining and the end of EHC1 EHC2, when I use the one with no slashes, I get tons of errors, I really don't know how you got yours working, and I'm still facing USB problems! If I use the patches + the FakeID kexts, I get all the USBs working, but after a sleep cycle, only the 2.0 is working (and if it's on sleep and plug a usb device in it (2.0) the computer wakes up!), but when I use USB-InjectAll.kext, I get all the USBs working at boot and after sleep but hace problems when sleep, where any USB activity (like a connected mouse and then move it while computer is in sleep, or just plugging/unplugging any device) wakes the computer up. The main problem is the wake on USB activity on both methods.

For SSD, actually I see a difference when I use it on my other computer, it has linux in it and the boot time on my vaio is slightly longer (I'm not complaining since it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster than my old HDD), on my other computer the speed go up to 500MB/s (average of both r/w) but on my vaio it can't go further than 230-250MB/s, I just dont get Sony! on my older FW I had full 6Gbps, and that damn VAIO Update forced me to update the FW! My version now is R1021C8, is it the same as yours?

Wake & Sleep can be very hard to achieve.. For more than 6 months I had to figure out what was wrong.. Now finally everything works. For me it was the HDD caddy I installed (replaced the optical disc drive).

Yey! I got USB working, I just merged some patches (that are "normally" already merged un a patch but weirdly it doesn't work!)

ok first I patched everything but the USB, then I patched the DSDT with these:

[usb] 7-series/8-series USB

#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches
#usb_USB_7-series.txt

# USB property injection for 7-series boards (originally HM76)

# Insert Apple USB properties into EHC1
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x01 },\n
        "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-id", Buffer() { 0x70, 0x72, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer() { 0x86, 0x80, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "AAPL,current-available", 2100,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra", 2200,\n
        "AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep", 1600,\n
        "AAPL,device-internal", 0x02,\n
        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 2100,\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

# Insert Apple USB properties into EHC2
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x001A0000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 insert
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x01 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

# Insert Apple USB properties into USB 3.0 XHC
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert
begin
{\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,clock-id", Buffer() { 0x02 },\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

then 

EHCx Renaming

# rename EHC1 to EH01
into device label EHC1 set_label begin EH01 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC1\. replaceall_matched begin EH01. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC1, replaceall_matched begin .EH01, end;

# rename EHC2 to EH02
into device label EHC2 set_label begin EH02 end;
into_all all code_regex EHC2\. replaceall_matched begin EH02. end;
into_all all code_regex \.EHC2, replaceall_matched begin .EH02, end;

then either USB3_PWR(0x0D) or USB3_PWR(0x6D) but only the power patching part (everything until XHC renaming)

Notice: I haven't noticed any output change and it got the same behaviour!

#usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt

# remove _PRW methods to prevent instant wake

# delete any existing XHC1 device
into device label XHC1 name_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
# delete any existing USB2 device
into device label USB2 name_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry;

# if _PRW objects are methods
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001A0000 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;
# some other LAN cards use 0x00190000
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x00190000 remove_entry;

# if _PRW methods are stuffed into a separate scope
into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.EHC1 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.EHC2 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.XHC remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.EHC1 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.EHC2 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.XHC remove_entry;

# if _PRW objects are names
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00190000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
# some _PRW have three entries in the Package
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00190000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;

# seems to work better if _PRW is present, but returns 0 (original was 3) for sleep state
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x00190000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 }) end;

OR

#usb_prw_0x6d_xhc.txt

# remove _PRW methods to prevent instant wake

# delete any existing XHC1 device
into device label XHC1 name_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
# delete any existing USB2 device
into device label USB2 name_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry;

# if _PRW objects are methods
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001D0000 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001A0000 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x00140000 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x001B0000 remove_entry;
# some other LAN cards use 0x00190000
into method label _PRW parent_adr 0x00190000 remove_entry;

# if _PRW methods are stuffed into a separate scope
into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.EHC1 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.EHC2 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label _SB.PCI0.XHC remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.EHC1 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.EHC2 remove_entry;
into method label _PRW parent_label \_SB.PCI0.XHC remove_entry;

# if _PRW objects are names
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00190000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
# some _PRW have three entries in the Package
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;
into device name_adr 0x00190000 code_regex Name.*_PRW.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\n.*\}\) remove_matched;

# seems to work better if _PRW is present, but returns 0 (original was 3) for sleep state
into device name_adr 0x001D0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x001A0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x00140000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x001B0000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;
into device name_adr 0x00190000 insert begin Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x6D, 0 }) end;

Then it's done :)

Patch sources : https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/tree/master/usb

Other than that, I actually was able to change brightness buttons (sadly they replace F5 and F6 to brightness controls, so you'll lose F5/6 function keys) and changed "Pause/Break" to Previous buttons (music) and "Insert" to Play/Pause (music) and Fn+Delete (aka Scr Lk) to Next (music). if you're ok with this configuration I'll post the kext.