• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By STLVNUB
      Script file to clone Clover, Opencore (official and unofficial) repos
      Script will create link to itself in /usr/local/bin/bob
      Wouldn't hurt to check there are no "Bob"'s there, i "Hope" there isn't.
      Then you only need to type bob. and a parameter
      "n" for NDK repo, unofficial
      "a" for ACID repo, official
      "c" for CLOVER
      It also takes "all" for ALL, if your game

Easier typing bob than.....usual stuff
      Enjoy

• By TimothyF
      My PROBLEM: I followed the Plain Vanilla guide (https://hackintosh.gitbook.io/-r-hackintosh-vanilla-desktop-guide/) to a T in creating the OS X Catalina installer USB. I'm totally new to Hackintosh, and just want an Apple environment to Time Machine migrate my files and system from my ageing MacBook Pro. When I start to use the USB on the target PC (Dell Inspiron 3847 desktop), I ONLY see the Microsoft (which is the original OS, and on a SEPARATE Hard drive from where I want to install Mac OS), ZERO option for installing the OSX Catalina! Please SEE PICTURE link: https://imgur.com/a/FnLB2Q9   I'm a beginner, but I tried to google my problem. The answers were either incomplete, hard for me to understand and put into action, or were outdated and applied to older OSXs. I appreciate any help in diagnosing and solving this problem!   Clover USB specs OS installer used: Catalina (10.15) Clover revision: 5103 Kexts included: ATH9KFixup.kext AppleALC.kext Lilu.kext RealtekRTL8111.kext USBInjectAll.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext config.plist: see attached ------------------------------------------ Target Desktop specs: Dell Inspiron 3847 (64 bit) CPU: Intel Core i5-4460, 3.2 GHz, 4 cores Architecture: Haswell GPU: Intel HD 4600 Motherboard: Dell 088DT1 (version A01) Chipset: Intel H81 Install method: with USB, configured with Clover, 100% following Plain Vanilla guide for Desktops RAM: 12 GB, 2 slots Hard drive for installation: SATA HDD 4TB, by HGST LAN: RTL8111/8168/8411 WLAN: AR9565 (atheros) Audio: Realtek ALC661 (not 100% sure this is correct)   ------------------------------------ Attached:
      Screenshot of Clover installer not showing the Mac OSX option
      config.plist of my installer USB
      Clover_Install_Log.txt (not sure if this is relevant)   THANK YOU VERY MUCH!     config.plist
      Clover_Install_Log.txt
    • By Simon's InsaneMac
      Hi, I'm kind of lost when scrolling to Clover Configurator, so I decided to use an EFI from the web and just configure the most basic stuff. But that sadly didn't work, im always getting the attached screen IMG_0054.HEIC (and I don't know whether all the errors are listed, as I can't scroll). 
      Anyways I thought it'd be better to do a custom setup. Can anyone give me some help with what to choose in the settings? Here's my rig:
      i7 8700k
      Asus z370-G (Rog Strix)
      gtx 1060 6gb
      samsung ssd (SATA)
      WD hard drive

Your help would be much appreciated!
    • By kylon
      A big thanks to wegface for teaching me a lot of things.

Tested on Catalina 10.15.4 and Clover EFI 5104 (Catalina Patcher)

Not Working:
      - realtek sd card reader (pm me if you have a fix)

Notes:
      **CPU patches are disabled, if you are using a locked BIOS you must enable them**

Clover EFI:
      - Install it in UEFI Mode and change your hdd partition table to GPT.
      - You will be able to install ANY OS in EFI mode, even if this pc does not support EFI at all! (No guide available for this)

You will need:
      My unlocked BIOS (OPTIONAL) (here) Latest Clover config from CCE Bank (here) (asus k53sj-kylon) Rehabman Voodoo PS2 Controller (here) acidanthera AppleALC (here) acidanthera Lilu (here) acidanthera VirtualSMC (here) acidanthera SMCBatteryManager (here) acidanthera SMCLightSensor (here) acidanthera WhateverGreen (here) Mieze Realtek RTL8111 (here)
    • By tlefko
      Description
      This esentially an ultra-simplistic version that is stable without the use of a deploy or complicated file installations and copies. Highly recommend using DW1560 wifi card, killer wifi isn't supported. This does include a copy of Clover, which of course I take no credit for. I am only responsible for minor changes in files and plists, as well as placement and instructions throughout the guide (as well as the work used from previous projects). Many files and ideas are sourced from @maz-1, @syscl, and my previous guides Granted, many files are similar or the same but there is significantly less of them and/or they are predeployed into spots where they will work just as well, even if not as efficient on bootup. Esentially, this guide is designed to provide a perfectly working setup with little knowledge of the topic and without optimization (because often they can break things). Most patches on the main plist use patches implemented by him as well. ****This guide does work excellently however and will provide you with a near perfect setup for Catalina for your XPS 9350, and is currently my daily driver as I struggled using the referenced users files as well.
      Styling
      This guide is designed to be literally as thorough as possible to appeal to those who really don't understand many of the things in @maz-1's guide or some of the other users as they assume you would already understand this information. It does not cover complex topics like undervolting etc etc Notes
      Never tested USB C except for charging, works great no issues with sleep, wakeup. power management is defaulted as I found with @maz-1 it had issues when on battery switching from AC USB devices eject on sleep (not really an issue) Haven't implemented a Bluetooth solution into this yet, as I don't really use it -- will be added ASAP (I believe KILLER WIFI will NOT work, must use one of the supported chipsets (DW1560 is excellent) BIOS Setup
      Set all SATA operation as AHCI Disable Secure Boot, Fast Boot For Coil Whine improvement disable C-States Enable UEFI Booting Recommended: Clean Install (Preinstall steps)
      Format a USB (16GB) as Journaled and then proceed to download the latest Catalina Installer Patcher Application Download the latest Catalina installer from within the Patcher App, and select to download a new copy and install to your USB device Download the clover configurator application and mount the EFI of the USB partition, then copy the contents of the Files linked above to the EFI Folder within the EFI partition. ** This is because the App Store installers will often not download a full installer, just an truncated version that downloads the installer files from the interent while installing. Thus, they're not bootable from a USB as they're not complete. That is why you should use this method to make sure the installer is usable for bootable media.
      Install Steps
      Simply use F12 to boot from the USB device, and select the USB Device and then boot from the Install mac OS partition. I have defaulted the installer to boot into verbose mode so I can easily see the errors you guys are seeing if you encounter them. If everything goes well, you can disable these from the boot arguments selection of Clover Configurator Boot into the USB Device, and follow the steps to format your SSD from the installer to install Mac OS Catalina. NOTE THE TRACKPAD WILL NOT FUNCTION AT THIS POINT, BUT THE TOUCHSCREEN WILL. This is caused by the way the installer handles Kext loading but because the touchscreen is being loaded via usb and the keyboard in a different method (which I can explain in detail if you'd like, the install will be possible. Do not be alarmed if the installer takes a long time to boot into, this is expected Once you have done this step, use F12 to select the USB and boot into the installer from the SSD in the options menu. (you cannot boot natively yet as the EFI isn't copied into the SSD yet. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now we will add this as a native boot option. Setup computer as normal, touchpad, brightness, etc, should all be functioning at this point. Same with wifi. Then, you should using Clover configurator copy the contents of the USB EFI into the EFI folder of your SSD EFI partition (in the folder) Now will we add this as a boot entry so you can always boot from this natively without the USB. Boot Entry Setup
      Boot into the BIOS of the computer, then navigate to the Boot setup (or entries (not sure what it is called exactly, but it will be a list of the options your computer selects to boot) Click add new, and make sure the USB isn't plugged in. Select the only option that is avaiable, and in FS0 navigate to Boot/BOOTx64. Add this as an entry, then select this as whatever priority you would like. Credits
      Credit Hackintosher.com for basic patches (although @syscl) covered some Credit to @Rehabman Credit to @syscl Kexts, and his contributers (@maz-1) Messages and Facetime
      Using Clover Configuator generate your own Serials, Board Numbers, MLB There are various guides online to do this and as default they're set to essentially Null (Fakeserial) This is fairly straightforward and there is lots of documentation, just don't open these apps until you've done this properly. Finished!
      Congratulations, there really aren't any more steps that are required. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Files can be downloaded here, and issues and help requests can be said here or opened into the GitHub page. Please @ me for a faster response on this page, as I am not that attentive, also, feel free to PM me.  Github: https://github.com/tlefko/XPS13-9350-Catalina Thanks for reading! Files.zip