Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacBookBro67

This is strictly a MacPro 1'1 Question

5 posts in this topic

I have a MacPro 1'1 - This may not be the best place for this post but I couldn't find a netter one. I am attempting to build an iEl Capitam hacked installer with Tiamo's modified boot.efi. I have successfully built a Mavericks installer, and an El Capitan installer. I boot holding down the opt key and choose the USB key with the installer. Everything seems to work just fine like the installation menu is about to pop up but instead it jumps back and completes the boot every time from the hard drive.

Advertisement

You should use Pike's boot.efi for Yosemite and ElCap, not the Tiamo one. The latter works only with ML and Mavs.

If you've already used the correct one, bless El Capitan volume/system folder.

What year is thus possible? certainly not a 2006 model! perhaps not older than 2009 model?I still have an old baby model 2006 ... Perhaps only MAV possible?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kingoffright
      Dear all,

I have a external harddisk about 500GB, I installed the clover into it and the harddisk is GPT format, below is the 3 partitions details:
      FS01: EFI - disk0s1 - fat32
      FS02: install mac  image - disk0s2 -  hfs+
      FS03: install windows 10 - disk0s3 - fat32

I can use this external harddisk to install Mac without issue, I use below steps to install windows 10
      enter the FS03:
      cd to efi/boot/ and excuete bootx64.efi
      after pop up the windows install screen, i click next and it shows error 'A media driver your computer needs is missing...' and the installation can not go any further.
      Firstly I use ultraiso to write the windows 10 image to a flash disk and no issue to start install window 10 so the image is working fine. Since I dont know how to write
      a wiindow installation image into harddisk partition, I used winrar extra all the files into disk0s3, am I missing some steps or actually clover not support to install windows
      by partitions, apprecating any helps.

• By liljboi2
      Trying To Boot Mac OS X El Capitan On Surface Book 1 i5 128GB 
      Ive tried everything under the sun to try to get this to even load the installer
      ive had mixed experiences trying many different options and “combos” 
      i Can Offer Someone That Can Help A “Software Pack” Which Includes
      My EFI
      Kexts
      DSDT
      Readmes

Pretty Much Everything I HaveTried And Researched
      Hopefully That Will Help As I’m Confident I Should Have All Required Files But Not So Confident On How They Should Be Coupled 
      There Is A Guide On This Platform That Goes Over Installing This But What Is Demoed Is MacOS Sierra 10.12 When My Target Is 10.11 El Capitan  Everyone In The Comments That Tried El Capitan Either Have Out Of The Gate Sucess Or Gave Up And Went To Sierra The Problem Is Besides The Guide Author Correcting A Few Mistakes There Is No Actual Diagnosis And Help Given 

For A While I Was Getting Nothing But A Black Screen After Moving Files I Finally Got An Apple Logo Great!..Not Really Because that’s all it would do.

i Tried EFI Folder From Guy Who Did Surface Pro 4 “Port” And after I While I Will Get Cross Where The Apple Logo Would Be So There’s Something Happening When Using His EFI ; Mines Will Just Hang At Apple Logo For As Long As I Let It 

With Verbose Boot Or Boot Flag -v 

I Get Errors Concerning OSXAptioFixDrv They Are Usually Different 
      If I Try OSXAptioFix2Drv I Get

if i try OSXAptioFixDrv I get 1 of 3 errors Typically Saying Similiar Things 
      About Relocating Memory 

Will Try To Add Photos 

This Is Not My First Hackintosh More Like 5th or 6th But Besides On HP Elitebook Revolve Where I Had Similar Issues Due To BIOS Settings 
      I simply CAN NOT Get It To Boot No Matter What I Do Or Edit Please Help Or Provide EFI Folder That Will Work For Me 
      For Now Looking To Upgrade BIOS as I think it has something to do with firmware being to old as this PC Is usually never connected to Wi-Fi unless I need to download something and I cannot stress I have done everything under the sun to get this to even boot the installer 
    • By Barry_dhb52
      How to directly boot into  specific volume, for me MACOS,Just like clover DefaultVolume. Thanks 

EFI: https://github.com/dhb52/z370-opencore

BTW, another question. I use Clover install on ssd along with macOS installed.
      And I use a GUID partitioned HHD for TimeMachine backup, which I have my OC EFI installed to boot the same `macOS`.
      by comparing usage of both booters, it seems that when using OC, my Win7(Paralled Desktop 14 vm) uses more memory, 
      by opening Task Manager.