Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MacBookBro67

This is strictly a MacPro 1'1 Question

5 posts in this topic

I have a MacPro 1'1 - This may not be the best place for this post but I couldn't find a netter one. I am attempting to build an iEl Capitam hacked installer with Tiamo's modified boot.efi. I have successfully built a Mavericks installer, and an El Capitan installer. I boot holding down the opt key and choose the USB key with the installer. Everything seems to work just fine like the installation menu is about to pop up but instead it jumps back and completes the boot every time from the hard drive.

Advertisement

You should use Pike's boot.efi for Yosemite and ElCap, not the Tiamo one. The latter works only with ML and Mavs.

If you've already used the correct one, bless El Capitan volume/system folder.

What year is thus possible? certainly not a 2006 model! perhaps not older than 2009 model?I still have an old baby model 2006 ... Perhaps only MAV possible?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Barry_dhb52
      How to directly boot into  specific volume, for me MACOS,Just like clover DefaultVolume. Thanks 

EFI: https://github.com/dhb52/z370-opencore

BTW, another question. I use Clover install on ssd along with macOS installed.
      And I use a GUID partitioned HHD for TimeMachine backup, which I have my OC EFI installed to boot the same `macOS`.
      by comparing usage of both booters, it seems that when using OC, my Win7(Paralled Desktop 14 vm) uses more memory, 
      by opening Task Manager.

• By ErmaC
      Slice is glad to present a new EFI bootloader.

CLOVER
      Now version 2 rEFIt based.

It is open source based on different projects: Chameleon, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox. The main is EDK2 latest revision.
      I also want to thank all who help Slice with the development. Credits and copyrights remain in the sources.
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/?source=directory
      There is a WIKI 
      http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/
      Main features:

If you have a question please provide outputs from DarwinDumper (formed from Trauma tool). Thanks Trauma!
      Continued by blackosx and STLVNUB.
      Post#2 CloverGrower - create Clover by yourself Post#3 Downloads Post#4 Installation of the bootloader Post#5 How to do UEFI boot Post#6 How to use - common words Post#7 Calculator for Automatic DSDT fix Post#8 Instructions for GraphicsInjector Post#9 ATIConnector patching Post#10 Any kexts patching with some Samples Post#11 CustomEDID Post#12 Hiding unnecessary menu entries Post#13 Instruction for DSDT corrections to do DeviceInjection works Post#14 Development Post#15 Themes Post#16 About kexts injection Post#17 Instructions for P- and C-states generator Post#18 Patching DSDT to get Sleep working Post#19 CPU settings and geekbench Post#20 ACPI tables loading Post#21 DSDTmini Post#22 Custom SMBios Post#23 F.A.Q. Post#24 iCloudFix Post#25 Using mouse. Post#26 How to make orange icons to be metallic Post#27 How to make software RAID (by Magnifico) Post#28 How to modify InstallESD.dmg (by shiecldk) Post#29 Config.plist settings Post#30 Using extra kexts and skipping kernelcache Post#31 Choosing EFI drivers Post#32 Configuration files Post#33 Automatic config.plist creating Post#34 Custom DSDT patches Post#35 How to do sleep/wake working with UEFI BOOT Post#36 DeviceID substitution (FakeID) Post#37 Using Custom OS Icons Post#38 Hibernation Post#39 Floating regions Post#41 Property List Editor Post#42 Blocking Bad Kext Post#43 AAPL,slot-name Post#44 FakeCPUID for unsupported CPU Post#45 Multiple Boot Options - to write into UEFI BIOS boot menu Post#46 How to install Windows UEFI Post#47 How to speedup Clover boot Post#48 Info.plist patching Post#49 Arbitrary device injection Post#50 Non-Standard Legacy Boot Files Post#51 Reboot to Windows UEFI from Mac OSX Post#52 Deprecated Features Post#53 Using UDK2018 Post#54 Device Properties Post#55 Scalable themes Post#56 How to search Clover mistakes (bisection) -----------------

Slice:
      I edited all posts in the thread to correspond to actual Clover revision.
      Please install Clover at least 2652 and use new instructions.