InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
BiTRiP

[El Capitan] Unable to shutdown

Hi all,

Since 10.11.x and a fresh installed system I have the problem that I can't shutdown.

When I shutdown the regular way with the Finder, than everything quit, even the Finder but the Dock stays. Nothing else happens. Not even after an hour.

I still can startup apps though but as soon all apps are closed then I have an empty desktop again with no menubar but only the Dock.

Console doesn't show me really a big problem from the moment I choose shutdown:

15/11/15 14:39:09,214 WindowServer[175]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 54795
15/11/15 14:39:09,215 spindump[542]: Got xpc error message in libspindump client connection: Connection invalid
15/11/15 14:39:09,215 garcon[555]: host connection <NSXPCConnection: 0x7fc0831155d0> connection from pid 403 invalidated
15/11/15 14:39:09,215 garcon[555]: Garcon destroyed (0 alive).
15/11/15 14:39:09,215 WindowServer[175]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 54795
15/11/15 14:39:09,215 WindowServer[175]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 54795
15/11/15 14:39:09,216 syncdefaultsd[1274]: SecTaskLoadEntitlements failed error=3
15/11/15 14:39:09,216 WindowServer[175]: CGXGetConnectionProperty: Invalid connection 54795
15/11/15 14:39:09,220 syncdefaultsd[1274]: com.apple.finder has been removed from syncing apps.
15/11/15 14:39:14,234 pkd[414]: client 1308 plug-in com.getdropbox.dropbox.garcon election := 1

The weird thing is that I can shutdown via Terminal by doing sudo Halt command.

I'm using latest Clover (v3320) with shutdown_fix checked but uncheck that doesn't help.

Also using a patched DSDT.aml so maybe something there is wrong but I'm not that good in DSDT patches.

I attached my dsdt for the person who is so kind to take a look at it. :)

Any other input appreciated.

Thanks,

BiTRiP

DSDT.aml.zip

config.plist.zip

Advertisement

attach your config.plist ... please...

config.plist attached. I only removed some serial/mlb/rom information for here. ;)

config.plist attached. I only removed some serial/mlb/rom information for here. ;)

You did well... :wink_anim:
I wanted to check out, there were patches on acpi
Try dsdt attached.

Place it in Efi/clover/acpi/patched

DSDT.aml.zip

You did well... :wink_anim:
I wanted to check out, there were patches on acpi
Try dsdt attached.

Place it in Efi/clover/acpi/patched

Very much appreciated pal. Such fast help.  

Unfortunately your dsdt didn't fixed it either.  :cry:

Hope we can find more solutions.

Thanks

I think i found the problem! : :w00t:

Although no specific error I found out that it had something to do with Avid CoreAudio driver.

Finally after removing /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Avid CoreAudio.plugin the system finally shuts down normally.

Thanks for help.

Case closed ;-)

So I just encountered this exact problem, I have Avid Media Composer and Pro Tools trials installed, uninstalled both thinking they were causing it but it made no difference, thought it was something else until I came across this post, hadn't even thought of the audio drivers so deleted the CoreAudio driver and shutdown issue is fixed. 

I am still running Yosemite for various reasons so its not just an issue with El Capitan, also its just over half a year later and it appears Avid still haven't fixed this.

Thank you so much this really helped me out really appreciate it !

Heya,

I had the same issue with 10.9.  Turns out that I, too, run the Digidesign drivers for my old MBox 2 Mini which I haven't used in a while.

I removed the Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin file from the HAL directory and all seems well now.

This issue has been bugging me for years.  Thanks for posting about it!

I think i found the problem! : :w00t:

Although no specific error I found out that it had something to do with Avid CoreAudio driver.

Finally after removing /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/Avid CoreAudio.plugin the system finally shuts down normally.

Thanks for help.

Case closed ;-)

According to the post, I should see "Avid CoreAudio.plugin" under "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/", unfortunately it seems that. I do not have that driver and from what a can deduct, no third party driver. All I see under ./HAL/ is AirPlay.driver, AppleAVBAudio.driver, BluetoothAudioPlugIn.driver and iSightAudio.driver. 

I'm running:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Sorry for the direct message, but i can not post in the 

Heya,

I had the same issue with 10.9.  Turns out that I, too, run the Digidesign drivers for my old MBox 2 Mini which I haven't used in a while.

I removed the Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin file from the HAL directory and all seems well now.

This issue has been bugging me for years.  Thanks for posting about it!

This is the one that worked for me. I was so disappointed when I didn't find the Avid driver, but this post reminded me I have a MBox 2. I removed the driver and after two years my MacBook will reboot.

Thanks!

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

I had a digidesign audio driver plugin installed which prevented my hackintosh to shutdown or restart. it only worked using $ sudo shutdown -r now. now it is finally working again ?